Sons' sorrow

Completely random, but Garry Fleming is currently on 175 competitive appearances for us meaning that if he's still here next season he'll more than likely break the 200 mark. Would Craig Brittain have been the last player to do that in a single spell with us? Shay obviously beat 200 comfortably, but did it across two stints. 

2 hours ago, Sonsteam of 08 said:

Completely random, but Garry Fleming is currently on 175 competitive appearances for us meaning that if he's still here next season he'll more than likely break the 200 mark. Would Craig Brittain have been the last player to do that in a single spell with us? Shay obviously beat 200 comfortably, but did it across two stints. 

That link has him as having played 16 Scottish cup ties but we've only played 13 in his time at the club and he missed the Berwick game in 2013. He's played 171 times so far.

40 minutes ago, microdave said:

That link has him as having played 16 Scottish cup ties but we've only played 13 in his time at the club and he missed the Berwick game in 2013. He's played 171 times so far.

30 minutes ago, The Moonster said:

I think that site is counting his Irvine Meadow cup games too.

Aye it will be, dang, forgot they played in it a few times when he was there.

Here's a very statsy one for you, Microdave, Garry has only completed 90 minutes 73 times in his 173 games (subbed off 60 times and on 40, checked his Medda stats for that!). I've no idea how to keep track of that sort of stuff, but that must be some sort of record. In fact being subbed off 60 times must be close to a club record I'd imagine.

1 minute ago, Scottylintonstowel said:

John Dillon played 238 times for Dumbarton scoring 27 goals before leaving in 2007.His career ran roughly parallel with wee Craigie.

Also made 67 sub appearances as well according to Soccerbase. Which blows Garry's 40 comfortably out of the water.

1 hour ago, Sonsteam of 08 said:

Aye it will be, dang, forgot they played in it a few times when he was there.

Here's a very statsy one for you, Microdave, Garry has only completed 90 minutes 73 times in his 173 games (subbed off 60 times and on 40, checked his Medda stats for that!). I've no idea how to keep track of that sort of stuff, but that must be some sort of record. In fact being subbed off 60 times must be close to a club record I'd imagine.

It would probably take about a year to work that out:lol: but the bright side is that anyone looking into it only has to go back 50 years since we started using subs. I did work out something similar for last season and from memory Jon Routledge was our most subbed player with Jordan Kirkpatrick coming off the bench the most. The notes are probably at home so I'll have a wee look later.

I want to work this out now. In the time it's taken me to type this, I've gone from it taking a year to a week. There's my deadline!

3 minutes ago, microdave said:

It would probably take about a year to work that out:lol: but the bright side is that anyone looking into it only has to go back 50 years since we started using subs. I did work out something similar for last season and from memory Jon Routledge was our most subbed player with Jordan Kirkpatrick coming off the bench the most. The notes are probably at home so I'll have a wee look later.

I want to work this out now. In the time it's taken me to type this, I've gone from it taking a year to a week. There's my deadline!

I'm a bad person for putting that thought in someone else's mind. 

Spoiler

*Evil laughter*

13 minutes ago, Consolidate said:

Interesting conundrum re the starting 11. Vaughan was impressive today but Stanton has been in fine form recently. Can we fit them in the same 11 without one getting shunted wide?

In short, no, I don't think we can. They are both basically the same player - and very good ones at that - but neither are convincing wide, and then we'd get into the realms of changing our formation (or even playing with one as a 'False 9' which, in truth, might work, but by God I hope we don't try it).

I'm glad Stevie has to pick between them for next week, because I have no clue which one I'd rather have in the starting lineup. It's a lovely problem to have.

The one change I would make is dropping Thomson for CalGal Seagal. It's not even that he's been that bad recently, but having two natural wingers, Stanton/Vaughan and then Nade/Fleming sounds far more appealing to me. Thomson is handy for occasionally holding the ball up/winning cheap free-kicks and occasionally playing some cracking little passes, but that's it. I was pretty surprised he wasn't hooked today, especially given how well CalGal did when he came on against Raith in his last appearance. 

Edited by Sonsteam of 08

1 minute ago, The Moonster said:

I think the fact we have Stanton and Vaughan fighting over a place is reaping some rewards for us. Both know they need to play well to stay in the team.

Also, Seagal plz, S08.

Sozzles. My mate interviewed him at Uni last year and all his files were called CalGal, so it's sort of stuck with me.

I'll change my post, and his filenames.