Sons' sorrow

59 minutes ago, The Moonster said:

If both players admitted they were wrong, apologised to the squad, management and board and agreed to draw a line under Saturday, would people see that as a suitable way to end the incident?

This is basically what I hope for. But nobody could argue if the guys (Sparky more so) were made to apologize to the fans and fined in some way.

It's a problem that the gaffer doesn't need. We're losing Harvie to Scotland duty so dropping Sparky isn't an immediate option. That said, Carswell does a decent job for us that can often go unnoticed as it isn't eye catching. The last thing we need is for him to be off his game.

Tough one. Had it been earlier in the season or if we had options for left back then dropping Sparky for a game might have been an option. As it stands? I don't think we can.

Just now, BallochSonsFan said:

It's a problem that the gaffer doesn't need. We're losing Harvie to Scotland duty so dropping Sparky isn't an immediate option. That said, Carswell does a decent job for us that can often go unnoticed as it isn't eye catching. The last thing we need is for him to be off his game.

Tough one. Had it been earlier in the season or if we had options for left back then dropping Sparky for a game might have been an option. As it stands? I don't think we can.

We may not have a choice in regards to Sparky if the SPFL (or SFA, not sure who looks at these matters) have anything to say about it.

20 minutes ago, The Moonster said:

We may not have a choice in regards to Sparky if the SPFL (or SFA, not sure who looks at these matters) have anything to say about it.

It's the SFA. Presumably none of the officials saw it on the day though or he'd have been red carded. I suppose it's possible the referee observer saw it if there was one and I'm not sure whether they would accept a report from him. Otherwise they could only act on footage available and, as far as I 'm aware, neither club has published it if they have it.

4 minutes ago, Skyline Drifter said:

It's the SFA. Presumably none of the officials saw it on the day though or he'd have been red carded. I suppose it's possible the referee observer saw it if there was one and I'm not sure whether they would accept a report from him. Otherwise they could only act on footage available and, as far as I 'm aware, neither club has published it if they have it.

1 minute ago, Have some faith in Magic said:

The footage will certainly be there. The two static 'go-pro' cameras behind the goals caught the start of it. Dunfermline kindly cut the video highlights off just as it was kicking off. 

Aye, was going to say SD that ParsTV will definitely have it. Actually an SFA suspension and club fine could well be the best outcome - assuming that the two players can make up. Should be enough to deter it ever happening again, and I'd imagine not being able to play for a few games will hurt Sparky more than anything.

It's not the ideal outcome for us, especially given he'd get a three game ban I'd imagine, but it might be the easiest. Doesn't involve Stevie picking sides, purely an outsider identifying who was right and who was wrong and acting according to the rulebook.

45 minutes ago, Have some faith in Magic said:

The footage will certainly be there. The two static 'go-pro' cameras behind the goals caught the start of it. Dunfermline kindly cut the video highlights off just as it was kicking off. 

The footage being "there" and the two clubs making it available to the SFA if asked are not necessarily the same thing though. Dunfermline have no particular incentive to want Docherty suspended presumably. They obviously chose not to publish it IF they do have it.

I get the feeling that we can move on from this quicker than we think.  Some form of financial punishment to both players with a stern warning from the club as to their future conduct would IMO suffice, providing that it is patently obvious that both players can work together in future without any 'afters' - I would hazard that both now bitterly regret their actions and it needn't be a cause of ongoing animosity.

What the SFA does will of course be independent of any of that. 

55 minutes ago, Skyline Drifter said:

The footage being "there" and the two clubs making it available to the SFA if asked are not necessarily the same thing though. Dunfermline have no particular incentive to want Docherty suspended presumably. They obviously chose not to publish it IF they do have it.

Can the SFA insist on a club handing over footage given that the football authorities presumably have copyright in it?

Surely they'd need clear footage of the incident to take action and dish out a ban? Does that even exist? It certainly wasn't clear on Pars TV.

We do have footage from it, we just weren't pushing it from our end, the media are interested in using it though.

Surely they'd need clear footage of the incident to take action and dish out a ban? Does that even exist? It certainly wasn't clear on Pars TV.

We do have footage from it, we just weren't pushing it from our end, the media are interested in using it though.

18 minutes ago, Grant228 said:

Anyone know if Dunfermline have footage from the incident? 

23 minutes ago, falkirkwasp said:

Baffled really by the opinions of sparky, yes most definitely a fans favourite and works hard, but makes so many mistakes and blames them on other people, saturday sums him up really.

I for 1 was glad to see that back of him.

I think he's had more man of the match awards this season than any other player in the team. I'd say that sums him up better than Saturday.

I think he's had more man of the match awards this season than any other player in the team. I'd say that sums him up better than Saturday.

He has also won a Championship player of the month award.

Sparky has been nothing short of excellent for us this season. Alloa's loss was absolutely our gain, unlike Cawley unfortunately.

3 hours ago, The Moonster said:

Sparky has won man of the match 4 times.

Andy Stirling is in 2nd place with 3 awards.