Sons' sorrow

35 minutes ago, ThirdrockfromtheSon said:

After your recent game at the Rock, I reserve the right to be not optimistic about our prospects in the next few weeks.

i take your point though... points in the bag are better than games in hand, usually.  

If we win on Saturday and Ayr don't, then all of what you have mentioned tonight will be completely invalid anyway :)

We bloody lost the game too. So gained no advantage and still got fined.

Maybe it's a good thing we didn't win as they points may have been docked which we would currently be raging about.

Aye it's not been a great week. Let's hope we can end it on a high tomorrow.

3 hours ago, Boghead ranter said:

Sons away day at @dundeeunitedfc on 29th Apr will now KO at 5.15pm as game will be broadcast live on @bbcalba.

Gonna be even harder to fill a bus now.

Last away game of the season is usually a busy bus is it not? It's far from ideal to have a late kick-off but hopefully folk will still want to travel 1 last time this season (we hope - no playoff please).

Carswell signed 9 days before the Hibs game and clearance hadn't come through. There was even an interview with him on the os the day before his debut. This is a big f**k up and we could have no complaints if there had been a points deduction. Maybe only being a first offence has spared us that.

1 minute ago, cameron2000 said:

http://www.dumbartonfootballclub.com/news/?mode=view&id=2832

This suggests the club thought Carswell's clearance was through.

I think, and I could be wrong here, that it was his SFA registration that caught us out, not his KSI clearance. Clearance means he can be registered to play for us, it doesn't mean that he is.

@Skyline Drifter will be able to clarify that though.

1 minute ago, Bring Back Paddy Flannery said:

there's no way it should take 9 days to register a player.

Not an adult anyway and especially not within Europe. On the other hand we spent about a year attempting to persuade FIFA to register 3 u18s from Newcastle and STILL never got permission. 

28 minutes ago, Sonsteam of 08 said:

I think, and I could be wrong here, that it was his SFA registration that caught us out, not his KSI clearance. Clearance means he can be registered to play for us, it doesn't mean that he is.

@Skyline Drifter will be able to clarify that though.

International clearance and SFA registration are two different things. That said you would normally apply for both at the same time. The SFA registration wont progress without international clearance being received but if it has been uploaded in the first place it would normally progress automatically within an hour of clearance being received never mind two days given that the story saying it had been received was on a Thursday.

I think its very unlikely the SFA "forgot" to register him after getting clearance. Near impossible I would have thought so more likely there was a problem with the SFA paperwork or something and the initial attempt was rejected and needed resubmitted. It is however ALWAYS the responsibility of the club to check a player is on their registered player list before including him on a teamline. No matter who did what if he wasnt on the list he shouldnt have played.