Sons' sorrow

59 minutes ago, lorenzo71 said:

Good interview with stevie... .

.looks like Barr and some new signings for next week.

Stevie comes across very well in that I'd say. Handles all the questions in a positive and professional manner. Especially when someone them are ones he maybe didn't want to be asked. Well done to Sonstv again for another decent interview.

Just in the process of watching it now. Big ups to SonsTV and Jack for doing it, and of course Stevie for agreeing. Very professional in the way it's set up, and I love the wee bits where it cuts to highlights.

Good job guys :thumsup2

Really good interview. Solid questions and solid answers, he said everything I wanted to hear.

Interesting to hear that Martin had been hooring himself about since January. Clearly the guy was just trying to get himself the best contract offer he could but the fact Stevie said he offered him the best deal he could, which was more than the other players got offered, yet he still chose to poke fun at it says a lot about him IMO. It sounds to me like it's for the best he's moving on.

I wonder which Falkirk player we enquired about on loan. Sounds like Houston wasn't too keen on sending them our way as he considered us 'rivals'.

Good interview from Aitken. Didmt realise Stuart Millar was moving on. He will be a big loss. Where is he off to?

I'm not sure why he is leaving, it wasn't something that was common knowledge. Would be interested to know if we plan to replace him.

10 minutes ago, albundy said:

I'm not sure why he is leaving, it wasn't something that was common knowledge. Would be interested to know if we plan to replace him.

You will have to replace him. Someone has to watch next week's opponents at the very least though Millar's role was somewhat more than that.

Aitken's comment certainly implied Stuart was going to another job.

The part where Stevie says he can't dish contracts out on sentiment is something I really like. Exactly what we said on here yesterday. Fair play to Stevie, it must've been a difficult decision to take.

He's right in talking up our unique selling point, with the amount of players going f/t from us too. It makes things tough every summer, but when we can't offer big wages or full-time football it's something that could give us that wee bit extra.

Sounds to me like Aldo's agent is to blame here more than him tbh. Managers called to say he'd been offered to them in January. Obviously we won't know the ins and outs, but for me that sounds like typical agent work.

"The green light on a lot of deals" - :):)

Good to hear he's confident that we'll be in good shape for the League Cup

Real shame to lose Stuart, I reckon he did a lot of good work behind scenes that people don't know about. Hopefully he'll be able to confirm what he's up to.

You will have to replace him. Someone has to watch next week's opponents at the very least though Millar's role was somewhat more than that.
Aitken's comment certainly implied Stuart was going to another job.

That's kind of my point. With the recent departures from youth development to goalkeeper coaches, I would hate to think this was cost cutting.

That's kind of my point. With the recent departures from youth development to goalkeeper coaches, I would hate to think this was cost cutting.

I'd imagine it is unfortunately.

It's been well documented that the stadium has got to a point now where it needs investment due to how long it's been ignored. It would make sense to sacrifice the wages of coaching staff and youth teams instead of sacrificing the wages of first team players. I'm also led to believe the funding is being cut making running youth teams even more expensive.

No doubt Stuart done a good job so it's a shame to see him go. Perhaps someone like Durrant will pick up the scouting side of things? I'm not really too sure if that's a workable solution. Who dealt with it under Murray?

36 minutes ago, Bring Back Paddy Flannery said:

I'd imagine it is unfortunately.

It's been well documented that the stadium has got to a point now where it needs investment due to how long it's been ignored. It would make sense to sacrifice the wages of coaching staff and youth teams instead of sacrificing the wages of first team players. I'm also led to believe the funding is being cut making running youth teams even more expensive.

No doubt Stuart done a good job so it's a shame to see him go. Perhaps someone like Durrant will pick up the scouting side of things? I'm not really too sure if that's a workable solution. Who dealt with it under Murray?

Stuart Millar did. He was with you under Murray. Clearly Durrant cannot both be assistant manager and scout as it would require him to be two places at the same time on matchdays. The Head of Recruitment part of it could easily switch to Aitken though I guess. With most clubs that role lies with the manager.

Stuart Millar did. He was with you under Murray. Clearly Durrant cannot both be assistant manager and scout as it would require him to be two places at the same time on matchdays. The Head of Recruitment part of it could easily switch to Aitken though I guess. With most clubs that role lies with the manager.

Are you sure? I thought Stuart joined us the summer of 2015, the same summer Aitken was appointed after Murray's departure to St Mirren.

26 minutes ago, Bring Back Paddy Flannery said:

Are you sure? I thought Stuart joined us the summer of 2015, the same summer Aitken was appointed after Murray's departure to St Mirren.

Maybe not. Richie Salveta was acting as your scout for a while. I may be out with my timing.

2 hours ago, pleslie99 said:

Is there anything you don't know?

Plenty.

I'm on first name terms with most scouts in this division though and I've known Stuart Millar for years. Got to know him when he was at Stranraer under Neil Watt. Always enjoy a catch up with Stuart. Saw him most recently at our game at Falkirk in the 2nd last week. Richie Salveta is a good guy too. To be fair in my experience pretty much everyone connected to Dumbarton is. 

Edited by Skyline Drifter

Plenty.
I'm on first name terms with most scouts in this division though and I've known Stuart Millar for years. Got to know him when he was at Stranraer under Neil Watt. Always enjoy a catch up with Stuart. Saw him most recently at our game at Falkirk in the 2nd last week. Richie Salveta is a good guy too. To be fair in my experience pretty much everyone connected to Dumbarton is. 

What's the deal you then drifter? Do you work within the media? I initially thought you may been involved working with Queens but then you wouldn't be posting as much as you do if that were the case.

What's the deal you then drifter? Do you work within the media? I initially thought you may been involved working with Queens but then you wouldn't be posting as much as you do if that were the case.

He works for the club. He posts frequently but I've never seen any posts and thought "he shouldn't be posting that". I don't think he's even announced a signing on this website even though he'll clearly know before everyone on here. Very professional. The downside of having a poster like him for your side is that he knows almost everything and if you say a goal was scored in the 34th minute he'll quickly correct you that it was in fact the 35th minute! ;p :lol: