Sons' sorrow

I literally checked last night if Sutton was a free agent yet because with think he would be the perfect kind of player for us. I think he was always a thorn in our side whenever we played Vs St Mirren over the last couple of years.

He uses his experience well and if we got Stewart or any of the more mobile guys in some kind of form to run off him he would be a great asset.

4 hours ago, The Moonster said:

Boomer's got an excellent throw on him has he not?

I've taken in 1 game this pre season, which I am more than glad I have chosen to do, so wouldn't know. In fact I couldn't even tell you which player "Boomer" is Moonster. At a guess the young LB we signed but I don't know which one he is by name.

#parttimefan :lol:

Edited by squeezeboxson

7 minutes ago, squeezeboxson said:

I've taken in 1 game this pre season, which I am more than glad I have chosen to do, so wouldn't know. In fact I couldn't even tell you which player "Boomer" is Moonster. At a guess the young LB we signed but I don't know which one he is by name.

#parttimefan :lol:

:lol:

Sorry, Chris McLaughlin our left back, yes. I've only seen two games but he appeared to have a decent enough throw on him. Not that we'll ever do anything with it anyway.

At least we know that Les Hope has a voice now. It's pretty much what you would expect from the chairman - "great to be here, look forward to making progress, thanks to the fans, you're all great, keep being great" but I can't understand why he didn't put that statement up when he first took over, instead I imagine it's taken a push from the Trust to get this statement out of him for Sons24. 

1 hour ago, The Moonster said:

Sorry, I took a guys post on your thread saying he's been released as gospel without checking if he'd actually been released.

I don't doubt for a second that it'll be the case but you'd have to think that if and when he goes, it means another forward is imminent.

Indeed, some have taken news of Rocco Quinn's release as just that.

Incidentally, Quinn would do a more than decent job for a few part time teams, including Dumbarton. He's definitely a very good player but he suffers from a chronic injury and his body simply can't hold up to the rigours of full time football. Shame really as he was a good fit for us.

31 minutes ago, djchapsticks said:

I don't doubt for a second that it'll be the case but you'd have to think that if and when he goes, it means another forward is imminent.

Indeed, some have taken news of Rocco Quinn's release as just that.

Incidentally, Quinn would do a more than decent job for a few part time teams, including Dumbarton. He's definitely a very good player but he suffers from a chronic injury and his body simply can't hold up to the rigours of full time football. Shame really as he was a good fit for us.

Half of our squad are injury prone, I'm not sure Quinn would be the wisest of moves, especially with us having quite a few in midfield already. We need a striker and I think that'll be us done until January.

Absolutely loved the 2 part interview with David Winnie on Sons24. For all the guy could never really get his tactics right, his eye for a player was pretty fucking good! Neill Collins, Neil Duffy, Emeka Obidele, Craig McEwan, Neil Scally and Iain Russell all brought to the club by him, gave Stevie Grindlay his debut and transformed John Dillon (who finished our top scorer that season). He also brought in Gary McCutcheon who scored the same number as Paddy that year. If he ever gets sick of being a lawyer we should be offering him scouting duties immediately!

I thought Winnie was a lovely guy too, shame it never worked out. Look forward to reading the articles on his successor Brian Fairley.

11 hours ago, The Moonster said:

Absolutely loved the 2 part interview with David Winnie on Sons24. For all the guy could never really get his tactics right, his eye for a player was pretty fucking good! Neill Collins, Neil Duffy, Emeka Obidele, Craig McEwan, Neil Scally and Iain Russell all brought to the club by him, gave Stevie Grindlay his debut and transformed John Dillon (who finished our top scorer that season). He also brought in Gary McCutcheon who scored the same number as Paddy that year. If he ever gets sick of being a lawyer we should be offering him scouting duties immediately!

I thought Winnie was a lovely guy too, shame it never worked out. Look forward to reading the articles on his successor Brian Fairley.

I had completely forgotten about Gary McCutcheon.

The thing about Fairley was that he took the club to third place in what is now League 1. With the resources at his disposal, that was a fine achievement. He and McGonnigal were a good managerial team. It's a shame that they didn't have longer at DFC and that their efforts without each other didn't amount to much.

Having a look here it would appear that Steve Aitken would qualify for a gold watch if he's still here at the end of the season.

2 hours ago, Bring Back Paddy Flannery said:

Still trying to get over those 1st two meet the gaffer questions.

2 hours ago, cameron2000 said:

What were they?

3 minutes ago, Bring Back Paddy Flannery said:

WHY DID YOU REALEASE GARRY FLEMING WE LOVE HIM!!!11!!!

Twice?

"My hair used to be ginger (in tribute to Stevie) but I dyed it back to pink because you released Garry Fleming!1!11"

A sensible answer from Aitken was then followed by...

"Will you consider signing Garry Fleming in January?"

We're all entitled to our opinions, but f**k me that was hard to watch. Not hard sorry, painful.