Sons' sorrow

31 minutes ago, ScottishD81 said:

Fanny Handling emoji23.png

29 minutes ago, Here Come The Sons said:

"Fanny Handling" surely a pastime rather than a player?

Thanks for pointing out my spelling error in which I didn't notice. Now changed. 

8 hours ago, dafcburty said:

Good stuff Jordan, you've got through a power of work recently!

I'd say we're actually pretty well covered in defensive midfield though, despite G.Gal and Carsy being out. I'm hopeful that Carswell will be back soon, as it's a case of waiting for the bruising around his knee to go down as I understand it. Even if he's not thought we've got Mango (who looks like a natural anywhere he plays to be honest), Kyle Hutton and Sam Wardrop who are all capable of playing in that deeper role. 

Our big thing is the need for another striker given Nade and Stewart's injury records. We've got a few neat, tricky wee players in Johnston, Handling and Walsh, but we probably need another battering ram type, or a guy who can do both, like Robert Thomson for the final 3 months or so of the season. If he stays fit Nade should be capable of getting 8-10 goals and a similar number of assists. Stewart, despite not looking overly convincing in pre-season, should also be good for 7-10 goals, but aside from them it's difficult to see where they'll come from. 

I know he doesn't have the best of reputations on here, but I've been hoping we might go for Shankland for a while. In fact I think I even posted it on here a few months back. I've no idea what sort of wage he might be after, but we'd give him the perfect opportunity to rebuild his career, and I think he'd suit our style of play.

If I remember correctly it wasn't too long ago everyone was wanting shankland on loan from Aberdeen after he scored a barrowload in the development league. A few uninspiring spells at championship clubs later and he's been released. He could be exactly what we need, provide him with a platform to showcase his talents.

Steven Dobbie was fat at first [emoji14]

Dobbie had oodles of natural talent hidden beneath his vast exterior and playing against 3rd Division jobbers was ideal for him in terms of getting fit. The chubbyness wasn't a huge issue at that level.

Shankland has nowhere near as much talent unfortunately and at this level, against full-time players, lack of fitness can be a huge stumbling block.

Fitness can be improved upon. He could be the sort of player that would help us, if I remember he does better with lots of movement from the players around him and could do the nade role to some extent. Not convinced entirely, could be worth a short deal to see how he gets on

Think the article is worded Badly. We've been asked to have a look at him but the headline suggests we are desperate to get a deal done.

I fully agree. The headline is also wildly misleading.

All Aitken says is basically that his name was given to him and he has scope to sign another striker. Given Aitken's previous with the press then I'm sure if he was desperate to sign him he'd have pretty much said that.

We may well sign him but nothing Aitken has said there suggests he's interested.