Sons' sorrow

Hmm...Is an appeal not quite costly? 
As soon as it happened I thought he was probably off. Unless the video is conclusive I wouldn't want us wasting money on it.

£1000 I think. I'd hope we take a good few up to Arbroath on Wednesday given we took 500 to TNS and this is a much more important game. I know the circumstances are different and heads are down but Raith Alloa and Arbroath won't have anything like the quality of the teams we have been playing the last few weeks

4 hours ago, Nowhereman said:

£1000 I think. I'd hope we take a good few up to Arbroath on Wednesday given we took 500 to TNS and this is a much more important game. I know the circumstances are different and heads are down but Raith Alloa and Arbroath won't have anything like the quality of the teams we have been playing the last few weeks

If it is something like that then I'm not sure it's a wise way to spend the money. Having seen it back I don't think we've got a chance of winning it - and spending that amount to have one player available for one game probably isn't the greatest use of the cash. Hopefully Dowie might be ok and we can partner him and A.Wilson. It might not be great, but it won't cost a fortune.

3 hours ago, Sonsteam of 08 said:

If it is something like that then I'm not sure it's a wise way to spend the money. Having seen it back I don't think we've got a chance of winning it - and spending that amount to have one player available for one game probably isn't the greatest use of the cash. Hopefully Dowie might be ok and we can partner him and A.Wilson. It might not be great, but it won't cost a fortune.

Dowie is doubtful as is Scott Gallacher.

18 hours ago, albundy said:
On 27/04/2018 at 22:11, pleslie99 said:
Seeing as our threads been a bit quiet of late.
There's a wee rumour I seen on Twitter that Jim Duffy is off at the end of the season. Surely if this happened Stevie would be a big favourite to take over across the water?

Would be surprised if Stevie is considered for the Morton gig (if reports of Duffy leaving are indeed true).

18 hours ago, O'Kelly Isley III said:

Apparently this story has some substance. I'd be surprised too if Stevie Aitken was a front-runner, but if he was I'd be a

Apparently this story has some substance. I'd be surprised too if Stevie Aitken was a front-runner, but if he was I'd be a lot less disappointed than I migt have been 12-18 months back.

Well, part one has happened. Duffy has left Morton "by mutual consent".

15 hours ago, Nowhereman said:

Its £250 for Championship clubs to appeal a red card.

Unless there are special procedures for the playoffs I havent heard about it will be heard on Thursday and suspension set aside till then. If it fails it is immediately reapplied.

Edited to add : Having seen the footage an appeal is laughable but cant blame Dumbarton for working the system to suit them.

Edited by Skyline Drifter

Not that it means much but Aitken has been installed as 3/1 favourite for the Morton job by the bookies.

FWIW I don't think he'll get it but I wouldn't be all that disappointed to see him leave. Even if Aitken doesn't get the Morton job, and the playoffs don't go our way, will he fancy a season on a vastly reduced budget in League 1? Would Aitken have a relegation clause in his contract with regards to his weekly wage being cut should we go down?

It could be an interesting few weeks ahead.

6 minutes ago, Bring Back Paddy Flannery said:

Not that it means much but Aitken has been installed as 3/1 favourite for the Morton job by the bookies.

FWIW I don't think he'll get it but I wouldn't be all that disappointed to see him leave. Even if Aitken doesn't get the Morton job, and the playoffs don't go our way, will he fancy a season on a vastly reduced budget in League 1? Would Aitken have a relegation clause in his contract with regards to his weekly wage being cut should we go down?

It could be an interesting few weeks ahead.

The worst thing about it is that if he does go for the Morton job then we could have a good few weeks before it is confirmed if he is leaving or not. So our preparations for next season don't start until his position is confirmed. That delay has cost us in the past couple of seasons and it would be nice to go into a season where we are not scrambling about in August get a team signed up

The worst thing about it is that if he does go for the Morton job then we could have a good few weeks before it is confirmed if he is leaving or not. So our preparations for next season don't start until his position is confirmed. That delay has cost us in the past couple of seasons and it would be nice to go into a season where we are not scrambling about in August get a team signed up

I agree. If it does happen then I'd like to think it will be sorted asap. Morton wont want to spend too long fannying around or if he's going to chuck it I'd hope he has the decency to do it early.

I'm not sure he'd put himself out of a job even if we do go down tbh but he could be looking at next seasons budget and thinking f**k that. His reputation would take a bit of a battering should he have a nightmare season in the division below.

1 hour ago, Bring Back Paddy Flannery said:

I agree. If it does happen then I'd like to think it will be sorted asap. Morton wont want to spend too long fannying around or if he's going to chuck it I'd hope he has the decency to do it early.

I'm not sure he'd put himself out of a job even if we do go down tbh but he could be looking at next seasons budget and thinking f**k that. His reputation would take a bit of a battering should he have a nightmare season in the division below.

But not before the playoffs...

2 minutes ago, lorenzo71 said:

But not before the playoffs...

If Stevie's going to apply for the job I'd like to think he'll let us know as soon as he makes a decision. That way our guys can start drawing up a list of who they fancy ready for a quick appointment if he ends up getting it (which I honestly can't see).

He strikes me as a really decent guy, so I'd imagine he would go about his business in a decent way like that. 

Our list should read something like this: 

Duffy, James.

59 minutes ago, Sonsteam of 08 said:

If Stevie's going to apply for the job I'd like to think he'll let us know as soon as he makes a decision. That way our guys can start drawing up a list of who they fancy ready for a quick appointment if he ends up getting it (which I honestly can't see).

He strikes me as a really decent guy, so I'd imagine he would go about his business in a decent way like that. 

Our list should read something like this: 

Duffy, James.

He didn't really give us a 'straight up guy' answer last summer, played the will-he won't-he game for ages.

Agree with your shortlist, with the addition of a backup of Durrant, Ian.