Sons' sorrow

Not according to the site

Am I missing something?

“Saturday's game kicks-off at 3pm and admission prices are as follows - U-12s £5, Parent & Child £21, Concessions £8, Adults £16”

Good to see the club listening to complaints about pricing. Hopefully we now get a decent turnout - especially considering we put ourselves in a good position last night.

You have a student gate? [emoji102]

If we get beat by you here I hope we never meet in the play off again ever, can’t be arsed with this again [emoji4]

We do aye, as long as you have a card. They can be quite meticulous about checking it.

12 hours ago, roman_bairn said:

Job ain’t done yet, but well done Sons. You may well still be in the Championship next season...particularly after Raith’s nightmare tonight.

I would much rather play Raith in the final. We've already beaten them this season and Alloa are basically a who's who of players released by Stevie Aitken.

9 hours ago, Spanish Armada said:

How was Andy Dowie tonight?

Terrific as usual.

4 hours ago, sonsanorak said:

That bus trip but..

One of the worst I've been on. I don't know who planned the journey up there and I don't want to sound like a dick, but it couldn't have been more poorly arranged.  Leaving at rush hour and heading for Glasgow town centre to pick up some stragglers was a silly idea. No qualms with picking people up but the bus should've left at 4pm if we were doing that IMO. Also, don't know how it was for you guys down near the front of the bus but at the back there was virtually no air con and we were all sweating our titties off. Felt utterly disgusting walking up the road at midnight.

1 hour ago, Robbiem1872 said:

Hahaha don’t be so silly our club isn’t that considerate 

The club have given students as concessions for years.  Remember this is a new board - a new board who are looking to be a bit more considerate with pricing (hence £16/10 for this Saturday). They're also looking to be a bit more accommodating to our fans who want to make a bit of noise - the end black section will be a dedicated "noisy section" on Saturday for the lads with drums and anyone else who wants to join them for a song or two.  If it proves popular then we can look at making it a permanent thing.  Our board are actively encouraging support now as opposed to looking at ways of stifling it/being indifferent to it. It should be embraced. 

The club have given students as concessions for years.  Remember this is a new board - a new board who are looking to be a bit more considerate with pricing (hence £16/10 for this Saturday). They're also looking to be a bit more accommodating to our fans who want to make a bit of noise - the end black section will be a dedicated "noisy section" on Saturday for the lads with drums and anyone else who wants to join them for a song or two.  If it proves popular then we can look at making it a permanent thing.  Our board are actively encouraging support now as opposed to looking at ways of stifling it/being indifferent to it. It should be embraced. 

Exactly. The club are trying to change and listen to what the fans want. If you’ve got something to gripe about sound them out directly. You’ll get an honest and constructive answer.

Great news on the ‘Noisy Section’ idea. Hope the folk embrace that idea. Home games can be sterile at times any thoughts to better the atmosphere should be welcomed not ridiculed.

Looking forward to Saturday’s game now. And well done DFC to drop the prices. Bold move but fans need to turn up to make this decision justifiable [emoji106]

Mon eh Sons!

Monster front of bus was fine to be honest.

re pick up. I highlighted when pick up was touted that Kingston bridge had no direct on off as westbound had and the associated difficulty. Think another driver thought it was possible . Agree for next week it should be a no.

thats from me who joined in the big city 

4 minutes ago, Thechicogibsonexperience said:

Exactly. The club are trying to change and listen to what the fans want. If you’ve got something to gripe about sound them out directly. You’ll get an honest and constructive answer.

Great news on the ‘Noisy Section’ idea. Hope the folk embrace that idea. Home games can be sterile at times any thoughts to better the atmosphere should be welcomed not ridiculed.

Looking forward to Saturday’s game now. And well done DFC to drop the prices. Bold move but fans need to turn up to make this decision justifiable emoji106.png

Mon eh Sons!

I was at a Malaga game (v Real Sociedad - La Liga) in Spain last week. Because Malaga are already relegated there was only a 14,500 crowd in a 30,000 plus capacity stadium. The atmosphere though was amazing. The Malaga "Ultras" (A section with maybe 300- 350 fans) had two leaders who started songs off with microphone assistance. They had practised routines with call and response, every song went to conclusion, There were call and response chants, there were flags and there were streamers. It was organised and choreographed. It really created a terrific spectacle and atmosphere.

The nearest I have witnessed to that at a Dumbarton game is when the Swiss Sons come over.

Of course they are a massive club compared to Dumbarton but the principle of creating an atmosphere is only one of scale.

Thanks to the magic of Youtube, this was the very game and the events I'm describing. Click on 3 mins 30 secs to get a flavour.

1 hour ago, The Moonster said:

I would much rather play Raith in the final. We've already beaten them this season and Alloa are basically a who's who of players released by Stevie Aitken.

Terrific as usual.

One of the worst I've been on. I don't know who planned the journey up there and I don't want to sound like a dick, but it couldn't have been more poorly arranged.  Leaving at rush hour and heading for Glasgow town centre to pick up some stragglers was a silly idea. No qualms with picking people up but the bus should've left at 4pm if we were doing that IMO. Also, don't know how it was for you guys down near the front of the bus but at the back there was virtually no air con and we were all sweating our titties off. Felt utterly disgusting walking up the road at midnight.

They could tell the company that does the stewarding to calm down. The car parks like mario karting on a Saturday with so many cones and strick rules. Bin the window and go back to the side door.

I was at a Malaga game (v Real Sociedad - La Liga) in Spain last week. Because Malaga are already relegated there was only a 14,500 crowd in a 30,000 plus capacity stadium. The atmosphere though was amazing. The Malaga "Ultras" (A section with maybe 300- 350 fans) had two leaders who started songs off with microphone assistance. They had practised routines with call and response, every song went to conclusion, There were call and response chants, there were flags and there were streamers. It was organised and choreographed. It really created a terrific spectacle and atmosphere.
The nearest I have witnessed to that at a Dumbarton game is when the Swiss Sons come over.
 Of course they are a massive club compared to Dumbarton but the principle of creating an atmosphere is only one of scale.
Thanks to the magic of Youtube, this was the very game and the events I'm describing. Click on 3 mins 30 secs to get a flavour.

It’s definitely achievable. It’s something that can invigorate the support plus attract youngsters to the Rock

The stage is set with the club allocating a section to such fans.

With a bit of coordination it can work well.

I went to Bayern vs Dortmund last month in the Dortmund end. The colour the fans brought was amazing. They were getting pumped 5-0 at HT. But backed the team until the full time whistle. It was only then they vented their frustration and anger, which was merited.

Down the Rock if a player takes two touches to control a pass it’s met with distain and vitriol.

They could tell the company that does the stewarding to calm down. The car parks like mario karting on a Saturday with so many cones and strick rules. Bin the window and go back to the side door.

Feed that back to the club and post the reply on here.

Honestly you’ll get a constructive reply.

Time to start charging for the car park, no harm in still getting a 50/50 ticket, but Falkirk and Livingston are somewhere between 3-5 quid to park, that’s a lot of possible revenue for team budget, or repairing historic Scotland’s wall. Especially considering we’re paying the stewards to also be car park attendants. It’s clearly costing us.