Sons' sorrow

Just now, Sonsteam of 08 said:

Nice to see us using an infographic on the match preview.

:ph34r:

Good work, sir. Interesting that Arbroath have actually only won 5 more games than us this season. Leaving aside our usual horrendous League Cup group performance, we've beaten every lower division team we've faced this season too.

#PositivityIsTheKey

Good work, sir. Interesting that Arbroath have actually only won 5 more games than us this season. Leaving aside our usual horrendous League Cup group performance, we've beaten every lower division team we've faced this season too.
#PositivityIsTheKey

Is it not actually 6?

17 v 7 in the league (much harder League I know)

1 v 0 in League Cup

1 v 2 in Scottish Cup (we beat Berwick then played Ayr whilst you had 2 League 2 teams)

0 v 4 in Challenge Cup (we were put out by a good Dunfermline team first round)

I make you guys big favourites but dunno if that’s just because you’re a total unknown at the moment. Will reassess after 30 minutes tonight.

Safe travels.

2 minutes ago, 1320Lichtie said:

Is it not actually 6?

1 v 0 in League Cup

1 v 2 in Scottish Cup (we beat Berwick then played Ayr whilst you had 2 League 2 teams)

I make you guys big favourites but dunno if that’s just because you’re a total unknown at the moment. Will reassess after 30 minutes tonight.

Safe travels.

We won 5 games in the Challenge Cup (Rangers Colts, Connah Quays, Stranraer, Raith & TNS). I highly doubt you'll find a Sons fan who sees us a big favourites. Moral and confidence must be low within our squad and some will know they won't be around here next season.

Looking forward to a pint in Tutties before the game. 6 years is too long to be away from that place.

28 minutes ago, 1320Lichtie said:

Is it not actually 6?

1 v 0 in League Cup

Safe travels.

Don't question my our infographic man's stats m9.

Spoiler

Is the top scorers bit ok? I used Soccerbase and Transfermarkt, but both can sometimes be a bit dodgy.

I didn't think I'd be able to go tonight because I had an eye op on Monday.  Feeling fine noo but no seats on the bus. I'm not allowed to drive yet, so if anyone has a spare seat I'd be happy to chip in for the fuel.....

1 hour ago, Bring Back Paddy Flannery said:

I'd be surprised if we are tbh. I think the brains behind the eye watering prices has left the building.

Les hope you're right, reducing entry prices for Saturday (with us hopefully still in the tie) would be a great way to hopefully encourage a few extra folk along.

Les hope you're right, reducing entry prices for Saturday (with us hopefully still in the tie) would be a great way to hopefully encourage a few extra folk along.

You can't teach comedy like that !

PS.... I don't know how to highlight individual words.

3 hours ago, Howlin' Wilf said:

I didn't think I'd be able to go tonight because I had an eye op on Monday.  Feeling fine noo but no seats on the bus. I'm not allowed to drive yet, so if anyone has a spare seat I'd be happy to chip in for the fuel.....

Just to say, I have a lift. Thanks for the offers!!

Just to say, I have a lift. Thanks for the offers!!

Whilst being respectful that you've just had an operation, the plus point is that you might be spared the full effect of our anticipated shite performance tonight as you'll only have the one eye open .....

47 minutes ago, FifeSons said:

Good to see the players haven't given up just yet.

Tonight's 1st half looked like being the same old, same old of recent weeks.

2nd 45 tonight was a far better display though, we pressed Arbroath right until the last kick & it paid off.

Tonight's 1st half looked like being the same old, same old of recent weeks.
2nd 45 tonight was a far better display though, we pressed Arbroath right until the last kick & it paid off.

Funny how we see things differently.

I thought we had a decent first half but were pretty much in a siege situation after Arbroath drew level. I felt they dominated play for maybe 15-20 minutes after that with a succession of corners and Gallagher doing a Grindlay! We battled away though and finished the better side with Barr’s goal a nice little bonus for our midweek journey.
If anyone can tell me how Handling gets 90 minutes please let me know.

9 minutes ago, Howlin' Wilf said:

Funny how we see things differently.

I thought we had a decent first half but were pretty much in a siege situation after Arbroath drew level. I felt they dominated play for maybe 15-20 minutes after that with a succession of corners and Gallagher doing a Grindlay! We battled away though and finished the better side with Barr’s goal a nice little bonus for our midweek journey.
If anyone can tell me how Handling gets 90 minutes please let me know.

I thought the 1st half was dire, but yes Arbroath pressed us for a spell in the 2nd half.

It was encouraging to see us fight right until the end tonight.

Handling = Enigma