Sons' sorrow

35 minutes ago, Bring Back Paddy Flannery said:

In other news, the young teams current patter on the Facebook group is chronic.

Kinda trying to take the piss out of the regular posters on there by using OTT Dumbarton chat without being remotely funny.

Ban them optimistic.

Seconded. 

I can't deal with the cringe.

1 hour ago, Bring Back Paddy Flannery said:

In other news, the young teams current patter on the Facebook group is chronic.

Kinda trying to take the piss out of the regular posters on there by using OTT Dumbarton chat without being remotely funny.

Ban them optimistic.

I just had a look and couldn't see anything - I didn't look that closely. I saw a post from Paddy Flannery trying to rubbish Jim Duffy.  "Any manager worth his salt can get an extra 30% out of the players he inherits" 

I replied thus: Aitken gained 8 points from a possible 30 which is a points score of 26.66% of the maximum. Duffy has taken 6 points from a possible 12, this is a points score of 50% of the maximum. The improvement under Duffy in terms of points gained is 87.71%, nearly double Aitken's rate. Just saying.

This the same weans that tried to start an ultras group? Cut about with union jacks? Threw a drumstick at Andy Graham in the play off final? Tried to round up fellow sons fans to go fight away fans? Set off flares at the cup final? Oh and look about 12?

Former Morton left-back Mark Russell is out of contract with Falkirk in January, and apparently hasn't played a minute for the Bairns since Ray McKinnon came in. He's a player that Duffy will know very, very well and, given we're crying out for left-sided defenders I'd like to think that Jim is currently trying to sweet-talk him into a move to the Rock.

David Ferguson (not that one) who we had on trial in the summer is also out of contract at Ayr United, and barely getting a look in. He's another guy who'd be a good addition.

Former Morton left-back Mark Russell is out of contract with Falkirk in January, and apparently hasn't played a minute for the Bairns since Ray McKinnon came in. He's a player that Duffy will know very, very well and, given we're crying out for left-sided defenders I'd like to think that Jim is currently trying to sweet-talk him into a move to the Rock.
David Ferguson (not that one) who we had on trial in the summer is also out of contract at Ayr United, and barely getting a look in. He's another guy who'd be a good addition.

I don't disagree with what you're saying, we do need new additions, but where's the money going to come from?

Are we not potless?

12 minutes ago, DumbartonTheSons said:

I don't disagree with what you're saying, we do need new additions, but where's the money going to come from?

Are we not potless?

Yup, that's the challenge. Hopefully Duffy can wheeler dealer his way out the mess he's been handed, because if we have to spend the rest of the season with this squad then we won't be finishing any higher than about 8th. Something that would be absolutely disastrous. 

Yup, that's the challenge. Hopefully Duffy can wheeler dealer his way out the mess he's been handed, because if we have to spend the rest of the season with this squad then we won't be finishing any higher than about 8th. Something that would be absolutely disastrous. 

Challenge is an understatement!

Did we not sign Thomas and Spencer following investment from elsewhere?

We absolutely need to bring in some fresh faces, but if it's a case of getting some out before bringing some in then I'd be concerned. Who are going to take the ones who are surplus with us? They'll hardly be leaving with glittering recent form.

So we've been hounded out of the cup by a side in the same division, we're fielding a walking wounded every week and there doesn't seem to be a forthcoming let up over the injuries we currently have.

Add to that even with the walking-wounded we're playing several out of position and our victors today get a deserved pay-day in the next round, something we could have well done with.

Oh well. Happy Saturday night everyone!

How the hell will we reach the heady heights of eighth?

I’m not sure I buy into the we’ll have money to spend in January because of people like Little and Aitchison leaving. Several of the players were signed with the help of sponsorship, I don’t think it’s a guarantee that those same sponsors will dip into their own pockets again.

Its bleak times, 8th would be an achievement right now.

12 minutes ago, pleslie99 said:

I don't believe Duffy takes the job with us without the promise of at least a wee bit of money to bring some players in in January. If not he will be looking at our shower of crocks thinking "What the hell have I taken on"

He had hands on head for majority of first half tbf! 

There is no doubt we have some serious issues with injuries but I still don’t see anything from any player who looks like they actually want to play for us . 

I have liked dowie but he even seems de-motivated and it shows on the park. Heard more talk from perry today. 

Do we now need another keeper with smith going off this afternoon? 

Just now, Sonoftherock86 said:

He had hands on head for majority of first half tbf! 

There is no doubt we have some serious issues with injuries but I still don’t see anything from any player who looks like they actually want to play for us . 

I have liked dowie but he even seems de-motivated and it shows on the park. Heard more talk from perry today. 

Do we now need another keeper with smith going off this afternoon? 

Dowie’s seemed demotivated all season. No words of encouragement from him whenever a goal goes in.