Sons' sorrow

3 minutes ago, Derry said:

Wasn’t wanting to start a rumour mate lol had spoke to someone and they had mentioned it but he’s got about a 50/50 ratio so I wouldn’t worry to much maybe he was assuming as Rico was at QOS in pre season or maybe he was full of it lol I do agree with u that by the look of it he would’ve been a far greater loss than his brother but my opinion would be he should stay and get more games as last season was really his first at first team level 

and the the irony is not lost on me that while writing that I more or less have started a rumour 🤦🏻‍♂️😂

Rico was in at Queens last summer and is pals with Allan Johnston's daughter (which is how he ended up there last summer when he was out the game). 

I wouldn't be shocked to see him at Queens and he does want to go full-time. But given they've released a collection of players and haven't offered any contracts (afaik) I'd be surprised if anything was close to being completed just yet.

2 minutes ago, Jan Vojáček said:

Rico was in at Queens last summer and is pals with Allan Johnston's daughter (which is how he ended up there last summer when he was out the game). 

I wouldn't be shocked to see him at Queens and he does want to go full-time. But given they've released a collection of players and haven't offered any contracts (afaik) I'd be surprised if anything was close to being completed just yet.

Last I looked think they only have 3/4 players if by the off chance football comes back sooner there will be a few teams scrambling about lol

You couldn't argue if Rico got himself a move but I really hope he stays. His improvement was fairly incredible last season, in his own words he was "like Bambi on ice" at times early in the season but by January he was a vital part of the team. Queens is probably the ideal step for him but I don't think another year with us would do him any harm.

The DFC Board have received all the comments on reconstruction sent in by supporters in response to the consultation. I have also reported on the mood on social media. (There were some good comments from those who emailed in, but I will observe that many who may have spoken out loudly on these issues elsewhere didn't actually respond directly to the Club when invited to do so, which is a pity.)

However, given the feedback that did come in, the strong trust statement, the almost unanimous trust votes against colt teams in 2011 and 2018, and the general mood music, there can be no doubt what majority opinion is. I share that view personally, of course. There will be a report-back on the Club website within the next 48 hours.

13 minutes ago, TheFarPost said:

The DFC Board have received all the comments on reconstruction sent in by supporters in response to the consultation. I have also reported on the mood on social media. (There were some good comments from those who emailed in, but I will observe that many who may have spoken out loudly on these issues elsewhere didn't actually respond directly to the Club when invited to do so, which is a pity.)

However, given the feedback that did come in, the strong trust statement, the almost unanimous trust votes against colt teams in 2011 and 2018, and the general mood music, there can be no doubt what majority opinion is. I share that view personally, of course. There will be a report-back on the Club website within the next 48 hours.

Good stuff, and as you say the more direct feedback the better - not everyone is an avid reader of P & B !  Judging by the media onslaught of the last few days - we expect the circulation-obsessed newspapers and tabloid broadcasters to fall right into a supportive line on behalf of the Old Firm - a three-line whip has obviously been issued from somewher however when even normally sane commentators like Tom English are hailing the Second Coming.

I very much get the impression that the Scottish football establishment is desperate for this proposal to get passed in order to avoid the steaming crock of shit that a Hearts legal challenge would pose; better then to try and empty the contents of that crock right over the lower divisions. 

The Sonstrust statement has obviously struck a raw nerve as James Morgan rather sneeringly references it this morning in the sport section of The Glasgow Herald. He then goes on to trot out all the familiar clichés and makes the vacuous comparisons which we can now expect to read and hear incessantly.

19 hours ago, The Moonster said:

Ewan Murray now trotting the line that small clubs are clogging up the pyramid and offer nothing. 

This is an organised effort from the Old Firm, make no mistake about it.

While the same journalists write articles about Rangers spending millions on three foreign players in their 20s and dont see the problem with what they're doing.

44 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

While the same journalists write articles about Rangers spending millions on three foreign players in their 20s and dont see the problem with what they're doing.

It’s absolutely wild how all of a sudden the tone has changed to placing all the blame onto the lower league clubs who oppose colts. It’s our fault that the old firm hoover up all the young talent in the country and leave them to rot in youth teams instead of letting them flourish where they are. 

Some of the ‘journalism’ over the last few days has been ridiculous and I sincerely hope we see some chairmen and gaffers of lower league clubs putting these absolute fannies in their place asap. 

15 minutes ago, Bring Back Paddy Flannery said:

Some of the ‘journalism’ over the last few days has been ridiculous and I sincerely hope we see some chairmen and gaffers of lower league clubs putting these absolute fannies in their place asap. 

Precisely what is required. I'd also be keeping a note of all these journos and the next time they send a request for free tickets because they've been asked to cover a game at this level we should direct them to the home turnstile and make them pay like every c**t else. Surely guys like Ewan Murray will be happy to contribute and help improve the awful standard he sees?

9 minutes ago, TheFarPost said:

FYI, here's the James Morgan article Kelly referred to, dismissing the Sonstrust statement (among other things). The 'comments' are open. But please be polite - it strengthens the argument you're making. https://www.thenational.scot/sport/18504343.james-morgan-colt-teams-good-enough-barcelona-not-spfl/

I could go on about Colt Teams until the beginning of time. Heck myself and Andy G wrote a mammoth piece on it a few years ago last time this reared its head - but one argument really gets me. 

"Barcelona do it and they are better than Scottish teams, and Spain are better than Scotland."

Liverpool don't do it. They are better than Scottish teams, and England are better than Scotland.

If we pretend, for a minute, that they are solely to improve the national team, can we assume that players with dual nationalities also wouldn't be eligible to play for the Old Firm Colts? That would've ruled out Aiden McGeady obviously, and currently Matthew Shiels and Cammy Palmer (amongst others) at Rangers.  Would we block them signing any 'foreign' players? Would that even be legal?

It's such a non-starter it's unreal. But people continue to trot out the "CANT BELIEVE WE AREN'T DOING SOMETHING BARCELONA DO" line without thinking about any of the issues linked...and that's before you even start on the fact it's almost universally despised by lower league fans who don't want their competitions devalued into some form of training exercise for big clubs.

1 hour ago, Jan Vojáček said:

I could go on about Colt Teams until the beginning of time. Heck myself and Andy G wrote a mammoth piece on it a few years ago last time this reared its head - but one argument really gets me. 

"Barcelona do it and they are better than Scottish teams, and Spain are better than Scotland."

Liverpool don't do it. They are better than Scottish teams, and England are better than Scotland.

If we pretend, for a minute, that they are solely to improve the national team, can we assume that players with dual nationalities also wouldn't be eligible to play for the Old Firm Colts? That would've ruled out Aiden McGeady obviously, and currently Matthew Shiels and Cammy Palmer (amongst others) at Rangers.  Would we block them signing any 'foreign' players? Would that even be legal?

It's such a non-starter it's unreal. But people continue to trot out the "CANT BELIEVE WE AREN'T DOING SOMETHING BARCELONA DO" line without thinking about any of the issues linked...and that's before you even start on the fact it's almost universally despised by lower league fans who don't want their competitions devalued into some form of training exercise for big clubs.

Very well put Jan.

1 hour ago, TheFarPost said:

FYI, here's the James Morgan article Kelly referred to, dismissing the Sonstrust statement (among other things). The 'comments' are open. But please be polite - it strengthens the argument you're making. https://www.thenational.scot/sport/18504343.james-morgan-colt-teams-good-enough-barcelona-not-spfl/

I see James Morgan thinks that the Highland and Lowland Leagues are the bottom of the pyramid. If as a sports journalist he doesn't even know how Scottish football is organised why would anyone give his opinion even slight consideration.

Speaking of terrible sports journalists, that no mark from the Lennox asked Ray Montgomerie about the shirt he was auctioning - and here's what he had to say.

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/news/local-news/dumbarton-legend-ray-montgomerie-gifts-22163794

I've also heard that he spoke to him about promotion to the Premier Division and how frustrating a season that was for him, but that won't be out for a few weeks. That's unconfirmed though. Just what my sources are telling me.

16 hours ago, Jan Vojáček said:

Speaking of terrible sports journalists, that no mark from the Lennox asked Ray Montgomerie about the shirt he was auctioning - and here's what he had to say.

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/news/local-news/dumbarton-legend-ray-montgomerie-gifts-22163794

I've also heard that he spoke to him about promotion to the Premier Division and how frustrating a season that was for him, but that won't be out for a few weeks. That's unconfirmed though. Just what my sources are telling me.

These bloody journos and their "sources".......

All I want is for all the bad things in the world to go away (incl colts) so we can move onto discussing what wonderkids we will be signing only for our hopes to be dashed after a photo of Duffy at the exit trials appears online. 

I just wish I appreciated those simpler times instead of being seething about Ryan Tierney being signed as our League 1 talisman.