Sons' sorrow

New message from John Steele now uploaded.

I do wonder if there will be an option soon to buy season tickets? I know that we're no closer to finding out if, never mind when, we can go to a football game in the future and that the club will be very hesitant to offer season tickets that they can't at this stage fulfil, but I'd rather go down the route of selling season tickets than looking at auctions and donations to raise more funds. I'd be happy to pay my season ticket with no expectation of attending games in 20/21 on the basis that if we can return to attending matches then my season ticket is good to go. Whether thats a full season or a shortened one, I'm good to pay money to the club. I'd budget for paying my £250 or however much it is in May or June every year. Making a financial donation and then still having to pay for a season ticket? Not everybody is going to be in the position to do so. If and when football returns, fans will still have to buy tickets. Not everybody is going to be able to chip in a 3 figure sum now and then again come ticket time.

It would be good if the club were able, and willing, to let people pay a fixed season ticket price now. If we only get a handful of games in early 2021 then so be it - I'd be happy for the club to keep the balance of the season ticket money as a donation. I just think that it may start to be a big ask if we've had the crowdfunding campaign, we're going to move towards auctions and other fundraising and then we may eventually move on to selling season tickets. I think it would offer fans a better balance than fundraising on it's own and then potentially having to buy a season ticket.

4 hours ago, Jumbo Muir said:

Dear DFC, the new home kit is yellow and black , not black and gold.

Such a minor thing but it grips my shit.

Hope fellow Sons are keeping safe and well emoji106.png

Sales of Sons' vintage shirts from Dunottar may well outstrip 😬 sales of our official shirt.

But hey, we're only supporters, what do we know.

New message from John Steele now uploaded.
I do wonder if there will be an option soon to buy season tickets? I know that we're no closer to finding out if, never mind when, we can go to a football game in the future and that the club will be very hesitant to offer season tickets that they can't at this stage fulfil, but I'd rather go down the route of selling season tickets than looking at auctions and donations to raise more funds. I'd be happy to pay my season ticket with no expectation of attending games in 20/21 on the basis that if we can return to attending matches then my season ticket is good to go. Whether thats a full season or a shortened one, I'm good to pay money to the club. I'd budget for paying my £250 or however much it is in May or June every year. Making a financial donation and then still having to pay for a season ticket? Not everybody is going to be in the position to do so. If and when football returns, fans will still have to buy tickets. Not everybody is going to be able to chip in a 3 figure sum now and then again come ticket time.
It would be good if the club were able, and willing, to let people pay a fixed season ticket price now. If we only get a handful of games in early 2021 then so be it - I'd be happy for the club to keep the balance of the season ticket money as a donation. I just think that it may start to be a big ask if we've had the crowdfunding campaign, we're going to move towards auctions and other fundraising and then we may eventually move on to selling season tickets. I think it would offer fans a better balance than fundraising on it's own and then potentially having to buy a season ticket.

I don’t disagree but equally a relatively large lump sum of money in the current climate may also not be feasible for people. I think the happy medium here would be for season tickets paid up via monthly direct debit or whatever.

The club get a steady income to help with cash flow, its more affordable when family budgets may be tight and, like you say, fans have a season ticket good to go when the football does start back.

Of course like most things in the world of business, the more options the club can offer fans the better.

9 minutes ago, Jordo1872 said:

I don’t disagree but equally a relatively large lump sum of money in the current climate may also not be feasible for people. I think the happy medium here would be for season tickets paid up via monthly direct debit or whatever.

The club get a steady income to help with cash flow, its more affordable when family budgets may be tight and, like you say, fans have a season ticket good to go when the football does start back.

Of course like most things in the world of business, the more options the club can offer fans the better.

Offer both. 

Sales of Sons' vintage shirts from Dunottar may well outstrip [emoji51] sales of our official shirt.
But hey, we're only supporters, what do we know.

Aye, got one ordered as it looked a quality replica. It’ll never get over my fat gut but it’s something to aim to squeeze into.

It’s quite something when an Internet copy can replicate the club colours while the club itself accepts this effort from Joma and continues to slap yellow paint on the walls.

Even the letters on the back of the stand at Boghead were gold, ffs.

Again, minor point but my shit remains gripped by it [emoji23]

Take it easy.

On a more serious note, as a Southern based Son, I’m not a season ticket holder but by the grace of God, I’m in a position to pay for a season ticket that I wouldn’t use to help the club out.

However, we and the club, need to be mindful of those whose financial planning has taken a huge hit in these difficult times and need to consider their priorities.
A difficult set of options for the club by having to ask fans to part with hard earned with no guarantee of seeing the team play this year.

Let’s just hope the club survives.

As one of the options suggested to get games started is opening the stadia with Social Distancing still in place, this is what the Berliner Ensemble theatre looks like now.

And presumably what the Rock would also look like (ok seats would be taped off or something rather than being taken out) but look how many seats we'd lose.

Screenshot_20200527-213245_Samsung Internet.jpg

As one of the options suggested to get games started is opening the stadia with Social Distancing still in place, this is what the Berliner Ensemble theatre looks like now.
And presumably what the Rock would also look like (ok seats would be taped off or something rather than being taken out) but look how many seats we'd lose.
1642420710_Screenshot_20200527-213245_SamsungInternet.thumb.jpg.c45952b6a547688fa8caa913c5bf8ebf.jpg

Biggest difficulty for me would be the end of the game. How do you enforce social distancing when everyone is leaving ? Some folk won’t even step aside when you’re walking on the pavement never mind all trying to leave one exit at the same time

**SEASON TICKETS:**  All comments about this on here (and other feedback) have been noted, and as I've said previously, the situation continues to be monitored closely by the Club Board.

A statement will be coming soon, which will include the issue of past season tickets as well as future ones.

As someone said, asking fans to part with hard-earned money with no guarantee of seeing the team play this year is really problematic, but we think we've found a way forward which will meet people's concerns and which takes into account all angles. I'm sure you'll tell us if we haven't! ;) 

**LEAGUE RECONSTRUCTION** Thanks vm for the responses so far. I think I've written back to everyone individually, by way of acknowledge their contribution - I'll double-check this evening!  

If anyone else who wants to comment can get back to me at media@dumbartonfc.co.uk by Sunday morning, that would really help. I'm putting together whatever everyone's been saying on Sunday evening, and passing it on to the Board. We'll report back, too.

As you'll know, the proposal before the SPFL Board yesterday was a 14-14-14 format, with options for two additional teams in the thirds tier. That's broadly in line with what most Sons fans (those who have responded) have been saying to us so far, btw. Clubs will be discussing it further next week. 

1 hour ago, TheFarPost said:

**SUPPORTER LIAISON OFFICER** Thanks to those who responded. 👍  See the announcement on the Club website: https://www.dumbartonfootballclub.com/news/?mode=view&id=4406

Great to see Robbi sporting our famous Black & Gold colours in her pic, within the DFC article

Thank you.

On 20/05/2020 at 08:45, Boghead ranter said:

Aberdeen?  I'm more than likely wrong, but I have that in my head.

I think you're right.

It certainly wont be Hearts anyway, who today announced they arent offering season ticket refunds, even for fans who have lost their job and ask.

4 minutes ago, BallochSonsFan said:

Along with his brother Chris as his assistant.

And Ian Durrant.

Be interesting to see how he does. Especially now he'll be at a side with aims of winning a league, not just staying in it.

4 minutes ago, Jan Vojáček said:

And Ian Durrant.

Be interesting to see how he does. Especially now he'll be at a side with aims of winning a league, not just staying in it.

This might be a problem lol 

I’ve actually got a feeling Aitken might do quite well there. It’s no secret that he liked a big budget and in terms of the Lowland League he should get one at EK. 

Perhaps stepping down to the Lowland League will deflate his ego a bit, which wouldn’t be a bad thing for him. He got far too caught up in trying to convince everyone he was the best young gaffer in Scotland whilst he was with us IMO. He will absolutely have to play on the front foot at a team who will be looking to push for the league and that was something he really struggled with when we dropped down to League 1. 

I’d love to say I wish him well in the job but his conduct after he left us still leaves a bit if a sour taste tbh. I wonder if the greatest kitman on earth will join him or if he’ll continue to stink the place out at The Rock.