Sons' sorrow

4 minutes ago, Jan Vojáček said:

That's us now set a club record for clean sheets in a league season (17). Beating the previous record held by David McEwan and Mark McGeown in 2008/09.

The most by a single goalkeeper is also now held jointly by Brett and Ian McFarlane (15). But Brett's all being in League games is a record for a goalkeeper.

I know this season has been a weird one. And we've had a few pumpings. But those are some excellent stats; not just for Brett but for Aron Lynas, Gregor Buchanan and Martin McNiff who have played virtually every game too. Really tremendous numbers. If we were half as good as scoring goals as we are at keeping them out then we'd have won the league in about February. Faz has a challenge next season to find that right balance.

Congrats. Almost* as good as winning the league. 

*means f**k all

6 minutes ago, DCismyhero said:

Congrats. Almost* as good as winning the league. 

*means f**k all

I'm not going to lie, if we'd just secured the league title I wouldn't be replying to irrelevant posts on another team's thread on Pie and Bovril. I'd be having a far nicer time.

But whatever works for you, 'DCismyhero'. As long as you're enjoying yourself.

Edited by Jan Vojáček

Just now, Jan Vojáček said:

I'm not going to lie, if we'd just secured the league title I wouldn't be replying to irrelevant posts on another team's thread on Pie and Bovril. I'd be having a far nicer time.

But whatever works you, 'DCismyhero'. As long as you're enjoying yourself.

No worries take care of yourself ‘Jan Vojáček. 

Key word there is “if”, btw. Unlucky, you kept top spot warm for us. 

4 hours ago, DCismyhero said:

One single cross fell onto that lanky blonde boys dome late in the 2nd half. 

“Terrorised”. 

A long time ago Dylan wrote a song just for guys like you.

Edited by WC Boggs
add

Gregg Wylde has signed a new one-year-deal.

Faz is clearly a big fan of his. And his attitude is to be commended for coming into the side from the cold and making himself a mainstay. I think we're a better team when he plays too. But sometimes it can quite hard to pinpoint exactly what he does or why it is that we seem to be better with him in the side.

I like it when he stays really, really wide and hugs the touchline. He's good at stretching the play in that way and opening up a bit of space. And he's capable of producing a cracking delivery. We just don't see it anywhere near as often as I'd like.

I had kind of forgotten he was our POTM for January. By all accounts he's very much a model pro in and around the place, but I'm a wee bit surprised he's sticking around for the new season if I'm honest.

As an aside, I noticed he's only been booked once in 48 games for us. Which is pretty incredible given the amount of yellow cards we pick up.

https://dumbartonfootballclub.com/wylde-signs-new-deal/

Sorry Jan, Wylde is a useless wee shitebag and stifles our attacking play every week. It's not a shock he's barelt been booked because he shites out of every tackle. We have full backs who stay in their position, we don't need defensive wingers as well. He's absolutely not good enough for the step up and should be warming our bench at best. Really disappointed we're holding onto him and I now fear we're going to hold onto too many. 

12 minutes ago, Jan Vojáček said:

Gregg Wylde has signed a new one-year-deal.

Faz is clearly a big fan of his. And his attitude is to be commended for coming into the side from the cold and making himself a mainstay. I think we're a better team when he plays too. But sometimes it can quite hard to pinpoint exactly what he does or why it is that we seem to be better with him in the side.

I like it when he stays really, really wide and hugs the touchline. He's good at stretching the play in that way and opening up a bit of space. And he's capable of producing a cracking delivery. We just don't see it anywhere near as often as I'd like.

I had kind of forgotten he was our POTM for January. By all accounts he's very much a model pro in and around the place, but I'm a wee bit surprised he's sticking around for the new season if I'm honest.

As an aside, I noticed he's only been booked once in 48 games for us. Which is pretty incredible given the amount of yellow cards we pick up.

https://dumbartonfootballclub.com/wylde-signs-new-deal/

Who was it who said that the definition of madness is doing the same things over whilst hoping for a different outcome ?

Really disappointed at that.  Was never a big fan of his but his pathetic wee strop ripping the armband off after gifting Albion Rovers a big lead at half time should have been the last we seen of him.  The heart of a mouse.

Farrell mentions his CV - has he not more or less failed at every club he has been at?  Only got back in the senior leagues because we were desperate.  

I had no real issues with the re-signings so far but that is a stinker and has me worried Farrell is being a lazy bast.

I’ll be honesy, Gregg Wylde would’ve been one of the first players I punted this year. He’s had a handful of decent games for us but that’s about it. Whenever I watch him I’m questioning what he actually offers us, he’s a dreadful defender, he’s a complete shitebag who shirks out of challenges and he can’t beat a man/looks terrified to run at full backs. He has a decent enough left peg but that’s about it. 

If Farrell is going to offer shite like him a contract when it’s clear as day it’s a position we could massively improve in should have alarm bells ringing.

30 minutes ago, Bring Back Paddy Flannery said:

I’ll be honesy, Gregg Wylde would’ve been one of the first players I punted this year. He’s had a handful of decent games for us but that’s about it. Whenever I watch him I’m questioning what he actually offers us, he’s a dreadful defender, he’s a complete shitebag who shirks out of challenges and he can’t beat a man/looks terrified to run at full backs. He has a decent enough left peg but that’s about it. 

If Farrell is going to offer shite like him a contract when it’s clear as day it’s a position we could massively improve in should have alarm bells ringing.

If we are offering Wylde a deal I'm struggling to think who we won't be offering a deal. And if we end up with virtually the same squad next season that is concerning, no matter which division we are in.

51 minutes ago, Frank Quitely said:

Who was it who said that the definition of madness is doing the same things over whilst hoping for a different outcome ?

But if the outcome is another title challenging season then surely that isn't that bad?

You've had a bad patch which coincided with injuries and a fixture pile up but there's the makings of a decent side there as they showed previously.

Your keeper and back four are better than most of the league and players like Orsi and Wilson are more than decent for this division.

If you don't get up via the playoffs then I'd think you'll be up there challenging again next season.

Having said all of that, I wouldn't have wanted Wylde resigned based on what I've seen against us.......

7 minutes ago, WattersIsGod said:

But if the outcome is another title challenging season then surely that isn't that bad?

You've had a bad patch which coincided with injuries and a fixture pile up but there's the makings of a decent side there as they showed previously.

Your keeper and back four are better than most of the league and players like Orsi and Wilson are more than decent for this division.

If you don't get up via the playoffs then I'd think you'll be up there challenging again next season.

Having said all of that, I wouldn't have wanted Wylde resigned based on what I've seen against us.......

A fully re-signed squad (as looks likely to be the case) mounting a fresh title challenge will be reliant on the general quality of the league remaining utter trash. This squad couldn't hold a candle to the Sons side that won the old Third Division in 2009.

Edited by George Parr

At the recent Meet The Manager session Faz said that the Rangers 'B' rental monies equated to roughly 1/6 of the club's annual income.  I heard recently that relations between the clubs have frayed - a combo of the Love/Lowry episode and the pitch debacle no doubt - so that cash may be no more.

If that IS the case then Faz may be having to work with even more of a shoestring budget than before, which might explain some of the re-signings.  In saying that I'm as pissed off as everyone else but I'm just trying to offer a bit of context.

This is what can happen when your club falls into the clutches of people who should never be allowed near football.  One thing's for sure though, we are extremely unlikely to replicate the whirlwind start of this season, in fact it could easily become a white knuckle ride. 

Edited by O'Kelly Isley III

2 hours ago, Nowhereman said:

If we are offering Wylde a deal I'm struggling to think who we won't be offering a deal. And if we end up with virtually the same squad next season that is concerning, no matter which division we are in.

I think everyone bar Lynch has been offered terms

ETA - I’m not in the know, just a guess based on the number of players I’d heard had been offered terms

Edited by THE CHOSEN SON