Sons' sorrow

6 hours ago, Jan Vojáček said:

That legends v Fans game today was tremendous today. Stevie Murray putting on a real show was superb to watch, the natural ability and showmanship the wee man has is second to none. 

If @Laurie Williams Loyal was about 30 years younger he'd be pushing Brett and Harry for a starting place too. 

Jan, sorry I couldn’t make it up the stairs to speak to you at the end of the game but the legs and back were gone. Absolutely fantastic day, Stevie Murray was the star of the show and a really nice guy as well. John Sartain deserves massive praise for organising a special day at The Rock

3 minutes ago, O'Kelly Isley III said:

We might not be exactly brilliant, but I hope we never pull a stunt like bringing on a 52-year old sub keeper in the 91st minute, as Elgin did at Bonnyrigg on Saturday.  Embarrassing.

I thought that was bizarre.

I could maybe understand Stirling Albion doing it as league champions. Or maybe, at a push, Bonnyrigg doing it if he'd been there since their junior days. But doing it when you're 3-0 down and finishing ninth in a ten team league? Tinpot in the extreme. I'd be furious if we turfed on Eric in that situation.

The cynic/journalist in me wonders if it's just a handy way of deflecting attention away from a woeful result in another really poor season for Elgin.

I see from his Twitter that Ben Armour is away from Forfar.

If we stay down then I'd be quite happy to see us chuck something his way. I think he's developing into a very handy player at this level and, perhaps more importantly, it would stop him scoring against us.

4 hours ago, Jan Vojáček said:

If we stay down then I'd be quite happy to see us chuck something his way. I think he's developing into a very handy player at this level and, perhaps more importantly, it would stop him scoring against us.

Would be a good addition if it happened. Starting to assume that everyone who hadn’t accepted a deal going on the basis of being told only 1 or 2 didn’t get offered that those who were may not sign. Bucky would be a big loss but also some may be waiting to see what division we are in.

5 hours ago, Jan Vojáček said:

Getting ex Bino favourite Jordan White on loan from Ross County might be a good deal if it could be made.  Just sayin.

12 hours ago, WC Boggs said:

Getting ex Bino favourite Jordan White on loan from Ross County might be a good deal if it could be made.  Just sayin.

He features fairly regularly for Ross County, 4 divisions above us. Entering the realms of fantasy.