David Wilson
Gregg Wylde
Finlay Gray
Ryan Blair

Forwards:

Declan Byrne
Ross MacLean
Ryan Wallace

With Kalvin Orsi, Harry Broun and Luca Vata. considering new deals.

(Unless I've forgotten anyone?)

22 minutes ago, FifeSons said:

That must be a Northern thing, I guess, but I haven't been to many grounds up North, so need to investigate. I did get Souvlaki at Dulwich, which was great, but literally took the entire first half to queue for.

https://twitter.com/FootyScran/status/1490023164423905281?s=20

That looks incredible tbf. All for this sort of thing.

35 minutes ago, FifeSons said:

That must be a Northern thing, I guess, but I haven't been to many grounds up North, so need to investigate. I did get Souvlaki at Dulwich, which was great, but literally took the entire first half to queue for.

https://twitter.com/FootyScran/status/1490023164423905281?s=20

They did it at Darlington and Leeds which made me wonder if it was some North/South divide thing. 

That Souvlaki is looking pretty awesome though

Looking at prices....Young Sons membership doubled in price this year to £40. 

Last year for £20 they were promised a session on the pitch with Stevie Farrell. Say what you want about the first team, but I believe he would have been good with the kids for a session and some would've benefited from it, but it never happened. 

Disappointed with the membership. My kids only got one thing. A birthday card. 

1 hour ago, TamCarson said:

Last year for £20 they were promised a session on the pitch with Stevie Farrell. Say what you want about the first team, but I believe he would have been good with the kids for a session and some would've benefited from it, but it never happened. 

That's pretty pish if they haven't followed up on what was offered, also don't understand why it would double in price, stupidness. Have you spoken to anyone at the club for reasons as to why this stuff didn't happen?

2 hours ago, TamCarson said:

When I checked the website the other day it said something about it being 20 quid and including christmas parties etc. Unless that was last years prices/early bird prices.

That’s piss poor the things supposed to be included didn’t happen tbh. I’m sure we also promised the Vale of Leven a game to celebrate both clubs anniversary years and didn’t bother our arse organising anything with them, despite their efforts. Thank christ we had the volunteers organising the other stuff.

6 minutes ago, Bring Back Paddy Flannery said:

When I checked the website the other day it said something about it being 20 quid and including christmas parties etc. Unless that was last years prices/early bird prices.

That’s piss poor the things supposed to be included didn’t happen tbh. I’m sure we also promised the Vale of Leven a game to celebrate both clubs anniversary years and didn’t bother our arse organising anything with them, despite their efforts. Thank christ we had the volunteers organising the other stuff.

A match with The Vale would have been great, might have attracted a decent crowd too.

I'd have liked it played on Millburn too instead of our field.

Another thing I had a wee check of today whilst pondering this god awful ground share - it's for 5 years which will take us to 2028. Andy Hosie was banned in 2016, for 12 years, so he can be a director again in 2028. This may be purely coincidence but the earlier posts by PWL and others may well be on the money and something else is going on here. 

39 minutes ago, The Moonster said:

Another thing I had a wee check of today whilst pondering this god awful ground share - it's for 5 years which will take us to 2028. Andy Hosie was banned in 2016, for 12 years, so he can be a director again in 2028. This may be purely coincidence but the earlier posts by PWL and others may well be on the money and something else is going on here. 

Better believe it, there is more to this ground share than meets the eye.

*A wild take would be...we go tits up in the next 5 years with Broomhill FC as tenants, they are able to inherit our carcass, re-brand as Broomhill DFC, sell the land & bugger off?

*(I have no idea of the legalities or even the possibility of that scenario)

Would us going tits up render the "Golden Share" useless?

Edited by Silverton End

1 hour ago, Bring Back Paddy Flannery said:

The situation with a match with the Vale was that a Sunday fixture was the proposed option but apparently Stevie Farrell did not wish that; as this was a club initiative I don't know whether there was any further discussion.

I spoke with Vale Secretary Angus Wallace at the Exhibition opening and we agreed it was a good opportunity missed and didn't exactly reflect well on DFC.  I stand by that view.

5 hours ago, TamCarson said:

My kids got a Christmas card, a birthday card, photos of the team and an invite to a kids Xmas party, which went ahead but we couldn't make due to a conflicting appointment.

Edit: and they got club pens.

Edited by Sweet Pete

9 hours ago, TamCarson said:

Sorry but think your letting your animosity towards the current situation at the club get in the way here.

Young Sons membership at £20 last year was a steal, take away everything else and that’s about £1 per game, an outstanding deal to get kids through the door. They also got a goodie bag for signing up, a birthday card, a Christmas card, an invite to the Xmas party, which Stevie, Frank and a few players attended and mingled with the kids. There was also the opportunity to be a ball boy/girl or mascot if it was requested. If you or your kids chose not to attend the party or become mascot/ball kid then that’s your choice. Can’t really blame the club for that. I can’t recall if there was a promise of a session on the pitch with Stevie but regardless, £20 for the above is excellent and got many of the local youngsters hooked. 

17 hours ago, Silverton End said:

Better believe it, there is more to this ground share than meets the eye.

*A wild take would be...we go tits up in the next 5 years with Broomhill FC as tenants, they are able to inherit our carcass, re-brand as Broomhill DFC, sell the land & bugger off?

*(I have no idea of the legalities or even the possibility of that scenario)

Would us going tits up render the "Golden Share" useless?

I honestly think that's at the wilder end of the spectrum, but rather than you, me or anyone else posting stuff on here I think it would benefit DFC if they announced much more detail of what is obviously a pretty significant arrangement extending over five years.

For example, what assurance is there that we won't be repeating the cancellation disasters of this season ?  Is there some sort of joint commitment to an artificial pitch ?  Will DFC U-17 and U-18 players continue their development at Broomhill ?  

There's a lot of aspects and some concerns to this, and the club telling us more would be helpful.

37 minutes ago, O'Kelly Isley III said:

I honestly think that's at the wilder end of the spectrum, 

Afraid my cynical nature tends more towards @Silverton End

For the life of me I cannot see why a tiny LL team with a support numbered in the dozens would pay to leave Glasgow to rent a League ground that has a reputation (deserved) for having probably the worst pitch in the professional leagues.

Surely there are cheaper Astros available from WoSL sides closer to their geographic 'home' at a much cheaper rate. 

At best, we've grabbed at an offer of cold hard cash coming in for 5 years without much thought. I find that doubtful though.

Too much just doesn't add up. And the radio silence you mention doesn't exactly help either.