Sons' sorrow

1 minute ago, John MacLean said:

Groundsharing is one thing but to put out a statement on your official website with quotes from the team that you will groundshare with talking about putting down roots and establishing a fan base not on your doorstep, but your actual fucking house is something else altogther. 

Okay I know Broomhill have no chance of building a fan base in Dumbarton but it's still a bloody stupid thing to put out. 

I don't appreciate you stealing my thoughts whilst I'm typing them thank you very much.

53 minutes ago, John MacLean said:

Groundsharing is one thing but to put out a statement on your official website with quotes from the team that you will groundshare with talking about putting down roots and establishing a fan base not on your doorstep, but your actual fucking house is something else altogther. 

Okay I know Broomhill have no chance of building a fan base in Dumbarton but it's still a bloody stupid thing to put out. 

It's like taking in a lodger and celebrating that he's servicing your wife.

Who actually supports Broomhill? Like who is a regular attendee and fan of them? Looking at attendances from their brief history, they've had attendances in the mid to high tens of people as recently as 2021, and then in the low to mid hundreds as recently as last season after the move to Cumbernauld and the renaming to Open Goal, and presumably those attendees would drop right away again after severing the podcast association and moving 40 miles to Dumbarton. It's all utterly bizarre.

17 minutes ago, Boghead ranter said:

I bet the 'masterplan' is that both clubs apply for grants to upgrade to astro, and the project gets double the money.

download.jpeg.jpg.36f14bdeb116159928a8fa656fed86cc.jpg

That money would probably end up in the same place as the unaccounted for £7m+ of Bet Butler's investors.

Interesting to see a former player on Twitter describe playing on our pitch as “disheartening” and saying it puts new players off signing aswell as current players re-signing. 

I wonder if the chairman consulted the management and/or playing staff over this, I’d be curious to know what they think of it.

As baffling as this is on our end, who the f**k at Broomhill thought Dumbartons tattie field was a better choice than the countless other Astro parks in West/Central Scotland. Total madness all round.

The only silver lining (and I’m really clutching at straws here) is that before Broomhill joined with Open Goal, they had a number of exciting young players coming through - Finaly Gray being one of them. Maybe good links between the clubs will see them become a bit of a feeder club for us… Like I said, I’m really clutching at straws. 

3 minutes ago, Bring Back Paddy Flannery said:

Interesting to see a former player on Twitter describe playing on our pitch as “disheartening” and saying it puts new players off signing aswell as current players re-signing. 

I wonder if the chairman consulted the management and/or playing staff over this, I’d be curious to know what they think of it.

Nah m8, don't be silly, it's the two people on twitter who gave Faz abuse that make it difficult for us to sign players. 

4 hours ago, Sons fan 1872 said:

This will only work if we make the pitch Astro surely? I saw someone suggest we could apply for a grant ? 

totally understand the money it costs and the club probably can’t afford it but in the long run with the ground sharing for 5 years it must be something they may look into

There were definitely grants available for astros a few years ago - not sure if it was part of Commonwealth / Euros money. There’s a lot of hurdles to jump through from my very limited knowledge and I highly doubt our current chairman is invested enough or adept enough to deal with it.

ETA, maybe there’s someone on the Broomhill side willing to put the work in to get us community grants for an Astro pitch?

Edited by THE CHOSEN SON

The whole thing is that nonsensical that I'm actually concerned there is something more sinister going on in the background that we are just not seeing yet. 

7 minutes ago, PWL said:

The whole thing is that nonsensical that I'm actually concerned there is something more sinister going on in the background that we are just not seeing yet. 

I texted something similar to a mate earlier. Waiting for the other shoe to drop.

Just now, Greenmachine said:

Broombarton FC ?

Nah it'll be less like a merger and more like a plan to move us and give them the ground. I wonder if their director has a property business amongst his portfolio of dissolved companies?

9 minutes ago, PWL said:

Like selling Broomhill a pipe dream about a huge 10,000 seater stadium, with an artificial surface, hotels and a gym attached? All funded by the sale of the current land for a housing project? 

Sounds ridiculous. Nobody would ever dream of such a thing.

5 hours ago, BallochSonsFan said:

5 years.

Broomhill are utterly pointless. They bring nothing to the game. There are some very good WoS sides - as much as I'm not a fan of the Bankies, their set-up is very good and they do far more than Broomhill. We already have a WoS team locally in The Vale. BSC are going to struggle in the Lowland League. There is no amount of money that makes ground sharing justified. Crowds for BSC games at the rock are legitimately going to struggle to hit 100 fans.

Don’t mean to sound pedantic but BSC and Broomhill are 2 totally different clubs. This is why we have ended up here…..

BSC Glasgow as they are known and Broomhill used to be the same club, they played out of Alloa for years. Then they split and BSC basically became a new club, setting up roots at Peterson Park in Yoker, starting afresh in WOS division 4 (bottom of the pyramid)

Broomhill retained the original clubs membership and dropped the BSC part of the name. They jumped into bed with the Si Ferry circus that was Open Goal (renamed etc etc) and played out of broadwood with the hope of a fan base in Cumbernauld. That experiment bombed after 1 season and now they are back to being Broomhill and homeless! 
A completely pointless club who will bring 0 fans to Dumbarton. 
As has been pointed out already the Vale is a well run club in the local community. St Pats next year are likely to be in WOS division 4 (which they are likely to win) and will have a decent enough fan base. None of the folk supporting these clubs are going to jump ship to watch Broomhill play against B teams!