Sons' sorrow

10 hours ago, Scott-Replay said:

‘Ped’ on Twitter is former Albion Rovers player Peter Innes. He’s frequently on the wind up on Twitter, so I wouldn’t read anything into the Broomhill stuff.

"Ped" also broke the news that Simon Ferry was stepping down as manager days before it was officially announced, so I'd give him the benefit of the doubt with this one.

Greig Young joins from Raith Rovers. By the initial reaction it looks like raith fans wanted to keep him. Makes me wonder though, will he be a starter or will he be on the bench? We have malcolm who can play at left back too, unless of course stevie plays him in midfield and we start Young. Seems like a decent option to have though!

2 minutes ago, DFCTTFM said:

Greig Young joins from Raith Rovers. By the initial reaction it looks like raith fans wanted to keep him. Makes me wonder though, will he be a starter or will he be on the bench? We have malcolm who can play at left back too, unless of course stevie plays him in midfield and we start Young. Seems like a decent option to have though!

Wylde out

9 minutes ago, DFCTTFM said:

If you mean Blair Malcolm surely he will play middle of the park?

Greig Young never really had a chance at first team minutes last season. We had Liam Dick at left back and then brought in Kieran Ngwenya from Aberdeen on loan, which is why Greig Young went to Elgin. Even at the tail end of the season when we had our injury crisis, he still barely featured because Dick and Ngwenya were two who stayed fit. When we went to Ayr Utd with only twelve players, Young was sat on the bench by himself. 

He did come on to play left wing in the latter stages of the last game of the season and whipped in some incredible crosses. 

I'm keen to see how he gets on. At the moment, the Rovers have a first team and nothing else. No reserves, no 21s or 19s, so it's difficult to keep a hold of guys like Greig Young who might be on the fringes of the first team but won't play most weeks. First team football is the best thing for him, and I believe he didn't look out of place at Elgin.