Sons' sorrow

I know its only a friendly today, but I am absolutely buzzing. Just getting back into that weekend routine of going to the games without a worry( at least not a worry about everything non-DFC related) couldn't really care about the actual score today i'm just looking forward to being back. Oh the joys of football (que 4-0 hepburn town and disappointment) Although, speaking of hepburn town, what sort of level are they in reference to ourselves? Must be pretty close given we have a friendly, but no clue to be honest.

23 hours ago, BallochSonsFan said:

Starting our campaign away to Bonnyrigg is grim. A truly terrible place for fans to watch football. Last game of 2023 away to Stranraer isnt any more attractive.

I think Bonnyrigg is one of the best to be honest 

Edited by Nowhereman

Just seen on twitter there that Big Rusty has signed for Edinburgh City.

Don't know how hes bagged that considering how useless he was at us. 

Maybe a proper pre-season will kick him on, i'll be raging if thats the case because it aint the first time that a striker who leaves dumbarton goes on to do wonders.

1 hour ago, DFCTTFM said:

Just seen on twitter there that Big Rusty has signed for Edinburgh City.

Don't know how hes bagged that considering how useless he was at us. 

Maybe a proper pre-season will kick him on, i'll be raging if thats the case because it aint the first time that a striker who leaves dumbarton goes on to do wonders.

I think he'll be more Robert Jones than Kevin Nisbet or Callum Gallagher.

We've knocked the ball about quite nicely. But we've sold three absolutely horrific goals. 

So basically we've gone full circle from last season.

The pitch looks alarmingly sandy for this time of year. Genuinely dreadful.

Jinky Hilton was excellent for the first half hour or so, and wee Aaron Mason on the wing definitely has something about him. I've quite liked a fair whack of our play from middle to front. But the other half of the park has been an absolute nightmare. Even Brett isn't covering himself in glory.