Sons' sorrow

46 minutes ago, Sweet Pete said:

Can we just take a moment to pish ourselves at how fanciful this comment is? Reminder: champy is not real, nor a reliable source of information.

That is how much Stirling got from an away tie at Ibrox the season before last. If there's pish running down your leg over that it's not a champy problem, it's a prostate problem.

1 minute ago, WC Boggs said:

That is how much Stirling got from an away tie at Ibrox the season before last. If there's pish running down your leg over that it's not a champy problem, it's a prostate problem.

Your made up numbers have convinced me. I'm actually sorry we beat Annan now as it's clearly better not to win Scottish Cup games and just hope that one of the toxic twins gift us 10 trillion rupees simply for existing. Thank you for showing me the light.

7 minutes ago, Sweet Pete said:

Your made up numbers have convinced me. I'm actually sorry we beat Annan now as it's clearly better not to win Scottish Cup games and just hope that one of the toxic twins gift us 10 trillion rupees simply for existing. Thank you for showing me the light.

Always a pleasure.

10 hours ago, FifeSons said:

I suppose the advantage of getting a big money tie at this stage, rather than later on, would mean we could maybe spend a bit in January.

I could be wrong here but I don't think you get paid your prize money until the end of the season, so it doesn't really matter when we go out in regards to adding to the squad. It should be remembered that we only signed Shiels due to investment from the new group so I think it's fanciful that we add to the squad at all in January.

Also, not a fucking chance a game with the OF in the cup nets you £400k. There was 37,000 at the mentioned Stirling cup tie, at an average ticket price of £15 that is only £550k, but apparently Stirling got £400k of that? No, they did not. 

5 minutes ago, The Moonster said:

I could be wrong here but I don't think you get paid your prize money until the end of the season, so it doesn't really matter when we go out in regards to adding to the squad. It should be remembered that we only signed Shiels due to investment from the new group so I think it's fanciful that we add to the squad at all in January.

Also, not a fucking chance a game with the OF in the cup nets you £400k. There was 37,000 at the mentioned Stirling cup tie, at an average ticket price of £15 that is only £550k, but apparently Stirling got £400k of that? No, they did not. 

You get paid your prize money when your  eliminated from the competition 

IMG_4770.png

Faz said that there is money available from Gregg Wylde leaving; we used it to offer Mikey Doyle a deal, but he went to Cove instead. So I'd be fairly confident we'll add at least one defender to the squad in January.

The cup run will depend what we've budgeted for. It would be sensible to base our budget on exiting at the first hurdle (see Darvel for evidence of not doing that...), assuming we've done that then this will be a very welcome boost to the budget. A 10k difference in the money we get for being eliminated alone after getting through yesterday could be huge for us. £500 a week goes a long way at this level.

A winnable game picked for TV would probably be the ideal outcome. But I don't really know what that could be? Maybe a struggling Premiership side at home.

It's Dumbarton we're talking about so I'd never go as far as saying a winnable tie but we shouldn't fear any of the non league sides or even teams in our own division. Win that and the share of prize money is touching £50k and doesn't really matter who we draw in next round. 

Watch now as we get paired with Airdrie or QotS away tonight.....

43 minutes ago, Jan Vojáček said:

Enjoy

Ruth making the run for the quick throw for the second goal, an excellent bit of composure for the fourth and then refusing to give up for the fifth. He has done exactly what I think we all hoped and just got a bit of confidence about his game now.

I'll assume our game in the next round will need to finish 7-6 based on the previous ties?

14 hours ago, Sweet Pete said:

Aye, who wants to win football games, eh? Be better to have a proper team give us some of their blue pound and show us a real stadium. Rule Brittania!

Tbh if getting a big payday at this stage of the season meant strengthening the squad in January and winning the league I’m taking the dough every day of the week. I couldn’t really give a f**k about a competition we have zero chance of winning. 

Couple of assists for Kalvin Orsi too. Since the Banks o'Dee game he's really looked back to his best. The goal against East Fife, winning the penalty last week and then a couple of assists yesterday.

We really do have threats right across the team. Orsi and Carlo. T.Wallace and Shiels. R.Wallace and Ruth. Finlay. And then guys like Hilton, MacLean and even Div Wilson on the bench. All of whom made a big impact yesterday.

13 minutes ago, Bring Back Paddy Flannery said:

Tbh if getting a big payday at this stage of the season meant strengthening the squad in January and winning the league I’m taking the dough every day of the week. I couldn’t really give a f**k about a competition we have zero chance of winning. 

I’d just like to add - get Mark Durnan back into that defence PRONTO. We do not need wee right backs playing centre hawf at the expense of the best defender in League 2.

Some great goals in there, Ruth looks to have had a terrific game in particular but not squaring that one to Gray at 2-2 is criminal. Some poor goals lost there and it's clear we need Durnan back as soon as possible. A really terrific win though and you've got to hope it's the sort of result that not only brings the team closer together but gives us great confidence going into the tough winter period. 

3 hours ago, PWL said:

It's Dumbarton we're talking about so I'd never go as far as saying a winnable tie but we shouldn't fear any of the non league sides or even teams in our own division. Win that and the share of prize money is touching £50k and doesn't really matter who we draw in next round. 

Watch now as we get paired with Airdrie or QotS away tonight.....

Or the real romance of an away game against Broomhill

Ryan Wallace's is the pick of them for me. It's the fact he didn't have to stick it in via the woodwork like that, but was confident enough (and good enough) to do it anyway. It's the sort of thing you'd see guys (with ability, not jobbers like us) do in training.