Sons' sorrow

7 hours ago, The Moonster said:

There's no reason to move it. Our ground is perfectly safe for a capacity crowd to watch football, games only get moved if police think it's required to control crowds and given we've already had the displeasure of hosting this mob before then I doubt the police will care. It would be good if we didn't sell swathes of home end tickets to clear Rangers Supporter groups like we did last time but I'll probably give it a miss in any case.

I fully agree, but unfortunately I don’t see how we prevent selling tickets to rangers fans. Unless we limit sales to season ticket holders only and they can purchase a certain number each then it will be a free for all and the hoardes of wee fannies will be in our end with their balaclavas and flares

Selling home end tickets to ST holders would be the only way to do it imo. That way if some wee fanny kicks off then it will be traceable to a ST holder.

I've got pals who are Rangers fans who I'd buy a ticket for if they want one. I also have pals who are Rangers fans who I wouldn't buy a ticket for because I wouldn't want them in our end.

If I win the lottery however I will bulk buy the entire home end and personally decide who gets in and who doesn't 🤝

20 minutes ago, pleslie99 said:

I fully agree, but unfortunately I don’t see how we prevent selling tickets to rangers fans. Unless we limit sales to season ticket holders only and they can purchase a certain number each then it will be a free for all and the hoardes of wee fannies will be in our end with their balaclavas and flares

I understand the difficulties in selling 2, 3 or even 4 tickets to individual people and trying to guess what team they support given anyone with a Dumbarton address could feasibly be a Rangers supporter but the number of them gathered in large numbers last time made the home end a very unejoyable experience. The guys up next to us were being patronising and condescending fannies and it's not an experience I would pay for again. 

1 hour ago, The Moonster said:

I understand the difficulties in selling 2, 3 or even 4 tickets to individual people and trying to guess what team they support given anyone with a Dumbarton address could feasibly be a Rangers supporter but the number of them gathered in large numbers last time made the home end a very unejoyable experience. The guys up next to us were being patronising and condescending fannies and it's not an experience I would pay for again. 

They are “The people” you would do well to remember your place. 😀😀

The draw is hardly perfect and I think it would have been better if the game was away for the same reasons outlined above.However for sporting integrity I would be against switching the tie or playing at a neutral venue.If its at home its at home end of.

The real problem though is we will not earn what we should as the costs of putting the game on  with stewarding and policing would erode our cut of the gate.Im guessing we could earfn about 20k in gate receipts but im guessing the stewarding would devour that.Best scenario would be if the police decide the tie should be switched and we pocket a few more quid.Realistically we are not progressing anyway.

Sweet Pete and Moonster got me thinking maybe I had got it seriously wrong over how much Stirling got from playing Rangers away in the Scottish cup.  So I checked and............they were absolutely right!  I was waaaaaaaay out.  230k total. Nowhere near the crap I came out with. If you get it wrong own it. Fire away, I've got it coming.

55 minutes ago, WC Boggs said:

Sweet Pete and Moonster got me thinking maybe I had got it seriously wrong over how much Stirling got from playing Rangers away in the Scottish cup.  So I checked and............they were absolutely right!  I was waaaaaaaay out.  230k total. Nowhere near the crap I came out with. If you get it wrong own it. Fire away, I've got it coming.

I doubt we'd say no to 230k, tbf!

53 minutes ago, WC Boggs said:

I would be delighted if we were able to earn £230,000 from this upcoming Cup tie, sadly it'll be a fraction of that amount, can only hope it's on tv for some extra £££

Sorry to interrupt but, keep your eyes peeled for news on tomorrow's game .

It's been a really hard frost here overnight ( it says minus 6 in my motor) and according to the forecast it's unlikely to be any more than a couple of degrees at midday.

Another frost overnight may well put paid to the game.

Good luck against the inbred in the cup.

Am I the only one that thinks chat of moving this Rangers game is mind boggling? Get them down to our shitehole of a stadium, on our coo field of a pitch and make them squirm for an afternoon. I don’t remotely expect us to get a result but if we do have any chance of doing it then it wont be by switching it to Ibrox. The draw is what it is.

The thought of making those c***s happy by switching it also churns my stomach. 

1 minute ago, Bring Back Paddy Flannery said:

Am I the only one that thinks chat of moving this Rangers game is mind boggling? Get them down to our shitehole of a stadium, on our coo field of a pitch and make them squirm for an afternoon. I don’t remotely expect us to get a result but if we do have any chance of doing it then it wont be by switching it to Ibrox. The draw is what it is.

The thought of making those c***s happy by switching it also churns my stomach. 

Aye, we coped fine in The Championship hosting Hibs, Hearts, Rangers, Dundee Utd, even when we put 4 past Hamilton Accies & Alex Neil's heads gone moment we coped.

Some amount of knicker wetting going on.

1 hour ago, Silverton End said:

Aye, we coped fine in The Championship hosting Hibs, Hearts, Rangers, Dundee Utd, even when we put 4 past Hamilton Accies & Alex Neil's heads gone moment we coped.

Some amount of knicker wetting going on.

Aye all these youngsters concerned about having to sit next to a couple of Rangers fans. They should have been around when we played them at Boghead. 16,000 in the ground, the vast majority Rangers fans, and we still managed to change ends at half time.

46 minutes ago, Nowhereman said:

Aye all these youngsters concerned about having to sit next to a couple of Rangers fans. They should have been around when we played them at Boghead. 16,000 in the ground, the vast majority Rangers fans, and we still managed to change ends at half time.

At least if the game goes ahead at the Rock we won't have VAR, or phone-a-friend as I believe The Rangers call it😀