Sons' sorrow

On 09/12/2023 at 21:05, OKsons2020 said:

buchanan was very disrespectful towards his ,not just previous club ,but club he captained at .  Absolute shitehousary from him. 

grow up man. the disrespect you gave him at ochilview, the disrespect on here, the disrespect on saturday, but when he gets it up you he's out of order?  it happens at every club, to just about every player. dont give it out if your too much of a wean to take it back

35 minutes ago, Burnsythebinman said:

grow up man. the disrespect you gave him at ochilview, the disrespect on here, the disrespect on saturday, but when he gets it up you he's out of order?  it happens at every club, to just about every player. dont give it out if your too much of a wean to take it back

The only disrespect I've seen given to Buchanan on here is for his wee man bun, which is fully deserved. 

49 minutes ago, The Moonster said:

The only disrespect I've seen given to Buchanan on here is for his wee man bun, which is fully deserved. 

11 hours ago, FifeSons said:

Didn't his Dad get very upset with some Sons fans when he was rightfully criticised for his awful performances in L1?

Yip he wasn’t happy with me for pointing out his boys poor decision making, lack of heart and he was far too soft causing us to concede numerous goals. 

9 hours ago, Laurie Williams Loyal said:

Yip he wasn’t happy with me for pointing out his boys poor decision making, lack of heart and he was far too soft causing us to concede numerous goals. 

He was genuinely dreadful in L1. Some of our defensive performances... Beyond words. I remember a particularly bad one at home to Falkirk inside the first 5 minutes or so. I clipped it, it was that bad. I'll have to dig it out.

1 hour ago, FifeSons said:

He was genuinely dreadful in L1. Some of our defensive performances... Beyond words. I remember a particularly bad one at home to Falkirk inside the first 5 minutes or so. I clipped it, it was that bad. I'll have to dig it out.

And yet Stenny have two of our defenders from that season and have the best defence in the league (if you ignore our game at Ochilview they've conceded 6 in 14 games). Almost as if there's a problem elsewhere at Dumbarton...

11 minutes ago, The Moonster said:

And yet Stenny have two of our defenders from that season and have the best defence in the league (if you ignore our game at Ochilview they've conceded 6 in 14 games). Almost as if there's a problem elsewhere at Dumbarton...

To be fair, Bucky was excellent last season and we kept a club record number of clean sheets. It might just be that League Two is his level now. He struggled massively in the relegation year and I was actually pretty disappointed we kept him; but last year he was probably the best CB in the division (or not far off at the very least) and this year he's been the same.

I still think he's got a howling performance in him. He showed that at Ochilview. Like with us last year, 90 percent of the time he's the best defender in the division. The other 10 percent he's being dragged about, conceding silly fouls and charging out of position.

2 minutes ago, The Moonster said:

Has it been said anywhere what's actually wrong with Durnan and when he'll be back?

Durnan had an ankle problem against Spartans, then his knee flared up. He's got a knee issue that he manages, but it just comes and goes a wee bit as I understand it. But he'll be back this weekend, and should be in full training by next week. Faz is just cautious about testing him on an astro pitch first time around.

Of course, you'd know all that if you sprinted down the shops at 6am yesterday to buy your Lennox ;)

Clicky

6 minutes ago, Jan Vojáček said:

To be fair, Bucky was excellent last season and we kept a club record number of clean sheets. It might just be that League Two is his level now. He struggled massively in the relegation year and I was actually pretty disappointed we kept him; but last year he was probably the best CB in the division (or not far off at the very least) and this year he's been the same.

I still think he's got a howling performance in him. He showed that at Ochilview. Like with us last year, 90 percent of the time he's the best defender in the division. The other 10 percent he's being dragged about, conceding silly fouls and charging out of position.

biggest issue for players this level is lack of consistency or they would probably make it at a higher level. i'd say buchanan has been outstanding for us this season apart from the odd wobble, the 90% like you said.  him alongside jamieson is a great partnership. the one i wasnt sure about was eden lynch. he has been solid this season for us as well and took the position off meechan.

Good way to test my 'In any other recent season (barring Kevin's three months) Harry Broun would've been comfortably our number one' theory if nothing else.

I really rate Harry based on what I've seen from him. He's young, aye, but he's never really looked out of place. Albeit he was pretty poor in the Kelty game. It'll be interesting to see how he copes with a run of games though, as teams begin to suss out his strengths and weaknesses.

We'll have to bring someone in on an emergency loan, but (unless that someone is an established SPFL keeper) I think it would be harsh not to give Harry a run.

All that shouldn't deflect away from how big a blow losing Brett is. He's the best goalkeeper in the league for me, and arguably one of the most reliable in part-time football. Certainly the best we've had at the club on a permanent deal since Alan Martin. It's a horrible bit of luck to lose him for an extended period.