Sons' sorrow

4 hours ago, FifeSons said:

Is O’Neil going to have to play in goal next week? Surely we can’t allow that to happen.

I’m very worried about this. An O’Neil debut against Sevco. It could be a cricket score.

Jan, please soothe my jangled nerves and tell me they’ve agreed to let Hogarth play. Thanks.

Edited by FifeSons

I was at the game today and heard a few fans booing at half time, Frank Mckeown not being too happy and saying something along the lines of "are you watching the same game as me?" Towards the away supporters, personally today I thought we deserved to be more than 1-0 down, the wee rangers keeper probably kept us in it to be honest! I've been following for a good couple of years now and i'm honestly suprised this management team are still in the job based on our teams performances but i've also heard from a few supporters that this isn't first time Farrell and co have responded to supporters in a negative manner, the goalkeeping coach seems to be loved right enough so I can't say anything negative about him lol, but it seems as if the majority are not in favour of the current management. As I said i've been following for a couple of years but I tend to stay off facebook, X and here so I can't speak for the majority of the support but it seems as if the majority want farrell out.

Edited by DFCTTFM

3 minutes ago, DFCTTFM said:

I was at the game today and heard a few fans booing at half time, Frank Mckeown not being too happy and saying something along the lines of "are you watching the same game as me?" Towards the away supporters, personally today I thought we deserved to be more than 1-0 down, the wee rangers keeper probably kept us in it to be honest!

:lol: Maybe he thought they weren’t booing hard enough!

That’s exactly what I’d expect from Faz and his backroom staff. Totally deluded. Gaslighting the fans. Hopefully folk keep booing them. It seems to really get under their skin, as we saw from Mr Farrell’s interview post playoffs.

Edited by FifeSons

4 minutes ago, FifeSons said:

I’m very worried about this. An O’Neil debut against Sevco. It could be a cricket score.

Jan, please soothe my jangled nerves and tell me they’ve agreed to let Hogarth play. Thanks.

SPFL Rule 64 is not your friend I'm afraid (assuming this is the same as in last season).

Screenshot_20240113-215801.thumb.png.2ea287e6bcf38a3007e47153504a905c.png

7 minutes ago, FifeSons said:

:lol: Maybe he thought they weren’t booing hard enough!

That’s exactly what I’d expect from Faz and his backroom staff. Totally deluded. Gaslighting the fans. Hopefully folk keep booing them, it seems to really get under their skin, as we saw from Mr Farrell’s interview post playoffs.

Honestly it seems as if there is such a discourse between the Supporters and the Management team, I do feel that supporters are well behind the players but have absolutely no faith in Farell & co, I didn't attend the Meet the manager Q&A but I heard there was some improvement on the relationship between fans & management, but after today any supporter I spoke to (which was a fair few might I add!) Agreed that the management should of been gone a long time ago, baffled as to how the supporters can see that but the board cant! Its crazy! 

57 minutes ago, FifeSons said:

I heard, third party since I missed the game today but tuned in online, that Harry will be off after the Rangers game. So I assume he'll be in goal to concede another 7+ to a Rangers outfit then either be out on loan or released.

Edited by squeezebox-son

1 hour ago, FifeSons said:

The youngster is in for the **** game. 

Having watched Farrells interview, it's clear how our consistency and standards are so low. He's happy with a point in that game and feels we played well. He does this all the time, downplays poor results and praises players for poor performances. Losses are brushed over, it never hurts him enough, IMO. 

Also, he says the surface wasn't conducive to the type of football we want to play, yet he went into that game trying to play it anyway. Our home surface isn't conducive to passing football either but we continue to fucking try it every week. His mentality and football just isn't suited to any team with ambitions of doing anything in the national leagues. 

I think everyone just needs to accept that we will limp through the rest of this season and we will remain in League Two next season.  The team management has run its course and I don't think they can say they haven't had a fair crack of the whip - they may not agree with that.

But it's bigger than that.  The club management is weak and uninspiring and it's not all down to the ownership, crap as that is, and the decision to extend Stevie Farrell's contract is looking worse every week.  We can only hope that contract had a review clause for the end of this season, but I wouldn't be surprised if we're here again in a year's time.

2 hours ago, The Moonster said:

Having watched Farrells interview, it's clear how our consistency and standards are so low. He's happy with a point in that game and feels we played well. He does this all the time, downplays poor results and praises players for poor performances. Losses are brushed over, it never hurts him enough, IMO. 

Also, he says the surface wasn't conducive to the type of football we want to play, yet he went into that game trying to play it anyway. Our home surface isn't conducive to passing football either but we continue to fucking try it every week. His mentality and football just isn't suited to any team with ambitions of doing anything in the national leagues. 

I picked up on that as well. Just proves what we’ve all been saying that Faz has only 1 style of play and no plan B.

Farrell seems to be untouchable at our Club, who does he answer to?

Would he have been summoned to the Boardroom last Monday morning after a poor display & the weird team selection v East Fife, the late collapse v Clyde?

Highly doubt it.

If we're still in League 2 next season, with the same management team & Board, I sadly expect us to finish even lower down the League table.

1 hour ago, Frank Quitely said:

I think everyone just needs to accept that we will limp through the rest of this season and we will remain in League Two next season.  The team management has run its course and I don't think they can say they haven't had a fair crack of the whip - they may not agree with that.

But it's bigger than that.  The club management is weak and uninspiring and it's not all down to the ownership, crap as that is, and the decision to extend Stevie Farrell's contract is looking worse every week.  We can only hope that contract had a review clause for the end of this season, but I wouldn't be surprised if we're here again in a year's time.

Absolutely correct. NMs position is also untenable. Not only his doubling down on a shit manager but the ignorance of the ownership issues and what it means for the clubs assets is borderline criminal. 

3 hours ago, The Moonster said:

Losses are brushed over, it never hurts him enough, IMO. 

Exactly this.

We’ve gone from being in a title race 1 month ago, to being completely out of it. There’s not been a single mention of that and he seems completely fine with where we are.

We have picked up 5 points in our last 6 league games and are the worst form team in the league. You’d never think that in a million years from listening to him.

0875F423-24BC-492F-8827-2A00E05A6863.jpeg.f60fbec2f31b74291c0be23ca67be6ac.jpeg

Edited by FifeSons