Sons' sorrow

6 minutes ago, The Moonster said:

Assuming a striker?

Wasn't giving any hints I'm afraid, but I'd imagine so with Byrne away aye. Wouldn't make sense to be any other position I don't think.

7 minutes ago, Jan Vojáček said:

Wasn't giving any hints I'm afraid, but I'd imagine so with Byrne away aye. Wouldn't make sense to be any other position I don't think.

So it's a centre mid then? 

Just a reminder to any Sonstrust members on here who haven't already voted to elect a new Trust Director to sit on the DFC Board that you have until Wednesday (31st) of this week to cast your ballot.  There are two candidates.

If you are a Trust member and you have yet to receive an Email or postal communication then please contact me here ASAP.

On 25/01/2024 at 20:26, microdave said:

While I'm in a mood, I'm going to say something that's been bugging me. I think it's disgraceful that the club don't have insurance against players being injured. My employer has insurance against any injuries that occur in the workplace and I also have personal accident insurance through them which costs me 0.06% of my gross salary which is peanuts but it would cover the price of an operation if I chose to go private in order to return to work. Instead we're having to crowdfund to pay for Greig Young's knee op. If I were a footballer, I would happily take a small pay cut knowing that I wouldn't have to wait long to have surgery if I happened to get a bad injury. It took two months until Young had the op which could've taken place much sooner had the club not had to get the begging bowl out.

Pretty much nobody outside the premier league and one or two larger championship sides has insurance. The costs of it are enormously prohibitive and they wont cover against recurrence of previous injuries either. For instance once someone had an ACL they wont cover the same knee again. In terms of actual treatment its almost certainly cheaper to pay for the operation privately than to pay for the insurance for a squad of players. Your employer presumably isnt covering people for professional sport injury? Its an infinitely higher risk profile and much higher premiums accordingly. Those clubs at the top level who do insure arent doing it to cover surgical costs, it would be cheaper to just pay those. They do it to cover wages while injured and assist with paying for replacement players.

You can criticise your club for not budgeting to cover one or two surgeries a year, but not really for not having insurance.

2 hours ago, O'Kelly Isley III said:

Just a reminder to any Sonstrust members on here who haven't already voted to elect a new Trust Director to sit on the DFC Board that you have until Wednesday (31st) of this week to cast your ballot.  There are two candidates.

If you are a Trust member and you have yet to receive an Email or postal communication then please contact me here ASAP.

Still waiting on ballot paper. 

1 hour ago, Nigel Blackwell said:

Why would you pay insurance for players at this level who have no resale value and in most cases are on one year contracts? That’s before you even consider that clubs have no spare cash to pay the premiums.

Whilst I have no idea about insurance and whatnot, you are speaking about players like they are cars here. All clubs should have a duty of care towards their players, whether they have no resale value or not and if that means spending cash on an operation instead of signing your 3rd goalkeeper then so be it. They are part-time players who need to make a living outside of football and don’t earn enough from it to fund things like this themselves. I’d like to think the club contributed a good amount towards the operation so I’ll refrain from criticising them until I know the facts surrounding that.

One club who do have a brass neck funding for operations are East Kilbride and the chicken man. f**k knows how much they are splashing on wages and other such fees.

23 minutes ago, The Moonster said:

Did you get an email with the candidate info? I just replied to the email with my vote. 

Thanks Moonster.  Just to be clear, due to problems beyond our control we couldn't offer the previous voting process but what is now requested is for the recipient to respond to the communication with their preferred choice of candidate.

👍

4 hours ago, O'Kelly Isley III said:

I see we had the sponsor on the tops yesterday so hopefully it is a deal to the end of the season. Could just be it's not been taken off however. Although if we get paid either way this time that would be nice

Edited by Clarko_son

16 minutes ago, Sawkye said:

👍

There was no ballot paper.  This was the closing paragraph of the original Email.

Voting closes at midnight on Wednesday 31st January. Due to circumstances beyond our control, we are unable to offer an online voting facility on this occasion. To cast your vote, please reply to this email by the deadline noted above. You have my assurance that with one exception, no one else will see the vote. The exception being that I will ask two independent observers to verify the votes cast.