Sons' sorrow

An honest question..... how many Sons fans on here think that Newbury and Gallagher were crucial to our promotion ?  I certainly do and I'd be trying very hard to get them back next season.  I also think that re-signing too many of last season's squad could backfire badly, but I certainly don't include Lynas in that.

4 hours ago, The Moonster said:

Orsi, Gray and Ruth are the ones we're all waiting for though if we're honest. Depending on which of them sign up shapes how you attack the market from there. If none of them sign we have some job on our hands. 

This is what worries me most. I really hope we don’t put all our eggs in the Ruth / Gray / Orsi basket. Worst case scenario is that we wait around all summer for them, only to find out they’ve received a better offer and are offski - leaving us scrambling to replace our best three players.

Would like to think Faz already knows this though.

5 minutes ago, THE CHOSEN SON said:

This is what worries me most. I really hope we don’t put all our eggs in the Ruth / Gray / Orsi basket. Worst case scenario is that we wait around all summer for them, only to find out they’ve received a better offer and are offski - leaving us scrambling to replace our best three players.

I reckon Faz will already have an idea on each of them and I highly doubt he'll be hanging about. One thing he has always been good at is getting bodies signed in good time. It would be 3 decent wages freed up if they all go so I imagine Faz will want to use those funds as soon as necessary. 

2 hours ago, O'Kelly Isley III said:

An honest question..... how many Sons fans on here think that Newbury and Gallagher were crucial to our promotion ?  I certainly do and I'd be trying very hard to get them back next season.  I also think that re-signing too many of last season's squad could backfire badly, but I certainly don't include Lynas in that.

Don’t know of anyone else in the team who is capable of hitting the bar from 45 yards for an assist.

1 hour ago, THE CHOSEN SON said:

Recruitment is something Farrell and co are very good at, so I don't have any worried about how the squad will shape up.

I agree on the above. 
I also wouldn’t be surprised if we have already signed either new players or extensions and the club are waiting to slowly release positive news. 

45 minutes ago, squeezebox-son said:

I was just thinking about the "Stirlingshire Cup" a couple of days ago... 😂

I think we have the trophy sat in the entrance foyer at the stadium.

Used to enjoy the games back when it was fairly popular.

Talking of programmes I have virtually every away programme from mid 1970s up until 2012. For reasons of space I can’t keep them. A good few have been reserved so far but the majority are still available. I’m not looking for payment just want them to go to a good home. So if you have gaps in your collection pm me

22 hours ago, squeezebox-son said:

I was just thinking about the "Stirlingshire Cup" a couple of days ago... 😂

We're you at the game about 15 years ago when we got told off at Stenny for being too rowdy? It was unnerving the youthful Stenny side. 

Posted (edited)
16 minutes ago, the snudge said:

We're you at the game about 15 years ago when we got told off at Stenny for being too rowdy? It was unnerving the youthful Stenny side. 

Would that be the same night @The Moonster got pished, passed oot at the train station, got his house keys robbed off him and had to get all the locks changed? 

Edited by Bring Back Paddy Flannery

4 hours ago, the snudge said:

Yep! Did they not say something about them "just being young lads" or something 😂 too rowdy at a football match.

Good times! 

I watched some of the BBC coverage of the Spartans second leg again the other night and, when asked at the end about the prospect of League 1 football next season, Michael Ruth says ‘we’ll be looking forward to it’… Is that a sign he’s staying or am I reading far too much into it?!

Also, surely Gray can’t leave after getting a club badge tattoo. Surely…

🤞

4 minutes ago, East of the Rock said:

I watched some of the BBC coverage of the Spartans second leg again the other night and, when asked at the end about the prospect of League 1 football next season, Michael Ruth says ‘we’ll be looking forward to it’… Is that a sign he’s staying or am I reading far too much into it?!

Also, surely Gray can’t leave after getting a club badge tattoo. Surely…

🤞

I think you’re right about Gray, surely there’s no way you’d get a tattoo and then leave a week later even if it was alcohol induced.

As for Ruth, you’re reading too much into the post match comments, he’s not going to come out and say he’s away. There’s a really good chance he will be playing league 1 football next year, I just hope it’s with us.

6 minutes ago, super-son said:

As for Ruth, you’re reading too much into the post match comments, he’s not going to come out and say he’s away. There’s a really good chance he will be playing league 1 football next year, I just hope it’s with us.

True, I thought I was reading too much into it, I just needed brought back down to earth!