Sons' sorrow

23 minutes ago, lorenzo71 said:

How would you rate Cammy Clark?

Cammy's game could be a bit up and down. Orsi gave him a hell of a time where you won promotion at Forthbank.  AGAIN!  He could also do man of the match performances.  He could be good for you though.

5 minutes ago, WC Boggs said:

Cammy's game could be a bit up and down. Orsi gave him a hell of a time where you won promotion at Forthbank.  AGAIN!  He could also do man of the match performances.  He could be good for you though.

Or was it at the Rock Orsi gave him problems? Old man memory failure. Anyway he was our left back. Occasionally struggled, mostly did well, occasionally outstanding.   

5 minutes ago, Nowhereman said:

Good to see black and gold return to the second strip. Not so sure about the sponsors logo over the black and gold band

That’s what I like about it. I think it’s great to see a sponsor integrated into the kit in a thoughtful way sensitive to the overall design rather than just a logo splattered on below it.

Interesting signings. I presume either Young is leaving or Shields has been signed to play left wing. We now have a few players that can feasibly play multiple positions. Cammy Clark was terrible in the first leg vs Stirling and Orsi completely destroyed him but he must be better than that usually to have played regularly in league 1. 

I don’t know what Miller is like nowadays but he was solid in his loan spell here a long time ago. Coming from Broomhill I’d imagine he’s been signed as a backup option and could hint at Lynas moving on. The defence is now fairly stacked which is definitely a good place to be on the 1st June.

I think the main issue is central midfield now. Blair and Wilson are both signed up but neither are league 1 standard. I can make a case for keeping Blair due to his versatility and reasonably okay set pieces but we sure must attempt to offload Wilson. The name tentatively floated around this thread of Cammy Ballantine and Jack Leitch would both represent good business and an upgrade in that area. We’ve really missed a player like Leitch last season who like to get on the ball regularly and spray passes.

Miller is a solid bit if business. He is a versatile type who will do a job wherever you put him. Should never have signed for Broomhill he is better than that.

Finlay Gray staying as well. Excellent start to the window from Dumbarton I'm amazed you have kept him and Ruth.

Uncle Faz could sell sand to the Arabs. I hope now you will treat him with the respect he deserves. 

49 minutes ago, GoTeamGaz said:

That’s what I like about it. I think it’s great to see a sponsor integrated into the kit in a thoughtful way sensitive to the overall design rather than just a logo splattered on below it.

In what way is the sponsor integrated thoughtfully?

To me it looks like it’s splattered in the middle and interrupts the design.

3 minutes ago, super-son said:

In what way is the sponsor integrated thoughtfully?

To me it looks like it’s splattered in the middle and interrupts the design.

The kit looks lovely but yeah the sponsor fits awkwardly to the extent I thought it was photo credits until I zoomed in.

Still, nice to have a sponsor sorted so early!

Keeping Finlay Gray and Mikey Ruth is absolutely outstanding going. Genuinely would've bitten your hand off at full-time a few Fridays ago just to get one of them signed up; so both is fairly astonishing business.

We've now got a really good spine signed up. It's June 1 and we're probably just looking for an attacking midfielder or two and a striker (or two ideally). Which is a nice position to be in. 

Can't remember a time before where we've managed to actually keep ahold of so many good players. Maybe 2011/12 or Ian Murray's first full season? Normally anyone half decent is off like a shot.

This has been a fantastic day of business. If we can strengthen from here, we should stay up relatively comfortably I reckon. Additional signings of quality will be key from here.

39 minutes ago, Elrow said:

Looks like Newbury won’t be back next season.

What was said about him?

As others have said keeping Gray and Ruth is absolutely tremendous stuff. Not fully convinced by Cammy Clark but it’s a decent enough defensive option and I’m wondering if Young maybe wont be properly fit for the season starting?

I’m a big fan of that home kit, not huge on the sponsor getting in the way of the band but it looks lovely. The away kit is a grade A honker but who really cares about that!

I’m just glad the away kit is the right colours. It’s been too long since we had a black and gold kit and I don’t think the design is all that bad.

Posted (edited)

What’s the current squad list? I assume the website won’t be even close!

Looks like it’s right on Wikipedia. Obviously O’Neil are Lynas and unknowns and presumably Ross MacLean will go.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dumbarton_F.C.

I’d say another quality central midfielder is a must. And another striker, of course.

Edited by FifeSons