Sons' sorrow

If Nicoll signs for Clyde then I'm getting a season ticket for Broadwood.

The word is that he's going back to Stranraer. He's denied it on his Twitter, but he's definitely a cut above the Third Division - in any case I can't see him coming to us for the peanuts we can offer, as much as I'd love to see him back.

Kevin was my favourite player so I'm very sad to see him go. I feel Murray could have given him a preseason as he didn't get a chance to prove himself at this level but it's totally understandable. Definitely will get a 2nd division club.

I wonder if Murray is going to play McNiff next season as he still has another year on his contract. I have a feeling he'd have been away had he not been on a 2 year deal.

Kevin was my favourite player so I'm very sad to see him go. I feel Murray could have given him a preseason as he didn't get a chance to prove himself at this level but it's totally understandable. Definitely will get a 2nd division club.

I wonder if Murray is going to play McNiff next season as he still has another year on his contract. I have a feeling he'd have been away had he not been on a 2 year deal.

:o

McNiff would offer some versatility as a squad player, but not much else. He's young though, and may improve after his recent long spell and regular football.

I feared the worst when I read on twitter that six players had left. In truth, I'm fairly satisfied that Murray has identified the payers who would be surplus to requirements and let them leave, freeing up funds for new additions. I'd like a few of our key payers to sign up in the coming days now, Turner, Fleming and Lithgow would be a good start.

All the best to those who have been released, Kevin Nicoll in particular.

He had a great season for us in our play-off success, and his tactical foul on Nathan Blockley in the second-leg of the play off final remains an utter delight.

He'll get a Second Division club, of that there's no doubt, and he'll certainly be an asset to them to boot.

One of the worst players to grace a sons shirt the unfit useless k�nt

A touch harsh. Clearly you never saw Willie Cairns....

On Phinn - he needs to last more than 9 mins a game to justify any sort of contract.

Have seen most of the rubbish over the last 30 years and to be fair there has been poor players but Gemmell for me was garbage.

Can't see the fuss about him

As he did nothing for us

Have seen most of the rubbish over the last 30 years and to be fair there has been poor players but Gemmell for me was garbage.

As he did nothing for us

He wasn't near as bad as that. True, he's looked fitter when lining up against us for other sides and wasn't the hardest working target man (that honour goes to a certain Mr J Lister :wub: ), but he was decent enough during a period when we were pretty garbage. It was around the time that he was with us that we came dangerously close to finishing bottom of the pile of Scottish professional football, managing to finish 8th just ahead of 'Shire and Forfar.

As he did nothing for us

Winner against raith in the Scottish cup?

Gemmell was decent for us. He used to get pelters when the team were playing shite which I always felt were unjustified. Never understood why he was disliked by so many, the team he played in was pretty dreadful but that was no fault of his.

Always remember him for scoring the winner away at Raith in the Scottish Cup. Back in the good old days when the draw was immediately after the match, and we got Celtic in the next round.

It's academic as he'll be nowhere near signing for us for a number of reasons, but I too have been baffled as to why so many never rated him and actually thought he was 'terrible' and the likes.

He wasn't quick, he wasn't the hardest working, he was petulant and picked up a fair few bookings, but he scored goals. That last aspect is pretty much the crux for me of whether a striker is a success or not.

He's not good enough for First Division (nor has anyone actually suggested he is) but his goal record for us, and since, at the bottom two levels of Scottish football speak for themselves as to determining whether he was a dud or useless.

Great news that Garry has signed again for next season.

He's been excellent for us this season, a real find and became one of the first names most would have had on the team sheet. Had he not been hampered by injury on a couple of occasions, who knows how much more effective he'd have been!

Great that he joins Gilhaney in coming onboard for next season.