Sons' sorrow

If we bring in gemmell then listers loss won't impact as much as turner leaving. Plus the total rage from some of the sons fans on here would be fantastic reading

The total rage from me would be fantastic. I'm crunching you the morra at training for this!

If we bring in gemmell then listers loss won't impact as much as turner leaving. Plus the total rage from some of the sons fans on here would be fantastic reading

Thon "supersons" boy would spontaneously combust.

Replacing Turner will be more difficult NAC but Jim signing for Airdrie is a a strange one and difficult to understand. I don't understand the argument that he didn't like the demands of training for a First Division team, does he not understand that this training has been the reason for his improvement? Not once did Jim across as the lazy type this season so I fail to see that as the reason. I'd like to think we can offer better wages than Airdrie, so if someone can now explain the reasoning I'd be happy to hear it.

Replacing Turner will be more difficult NAC but Jim signing for Airdrie is a a strange one and difficult to understand. I don't understand the argument that he didn't like the demands of training for a First Division team, does he not understand that this training has been the reason for his improvement? Not once did Jim across as the lazy type this season so I fail to see that as the reason. I'd like to think we can offer better wages than Airdrie, so if someone can now explain the reasoning I'd be happy to hear it.

The explanation is simple, the world has fallen off of its axis and the End Times have begun.

Harder to replace Turner than Lister, discuss.

I would agree, turner would be a greater loss. If you remember the change in the team's performance earlier in the season when adamson brought him in. Im dissapointed lister has gone and surprised he went to Airdrie, but look on the bright side...we dont have to face him next season like we would have if the raith stories had been true!

The thing is, he was shite for every Senior club he's been at really. He joined us as a no-mark journeyman in his early thirties, having never played at this level before and was unexpectedly fantastic. A real old fashioned centre forward. Imagine if Andy Carroll wasn't shite and was a regular goalscorer. Hopefully he'll revert to his pre-Sons form from hereon. That'd be some small comfort I suppose.

First read the above as "Hopefully he'll revert to his pre-Sons form from heroin" which, as he's going to Airdrie, is always a possibility I suppose.

I'm not signing up to that pish to read the full story. Can some w****r cut and paste please?

The Sons striker revealed that he and his partner are expecting a baby and that with this in mind he felt he had to move on.

The 32-year-old explained: "I have been discussing my future with my family and trying to work out what is best to do.

"It was a hard decision to make but a few things came into it and I feel it is the right decision for myself and my family.

"We are having a wee girl shortly and there were a few other things that came into it but that is the main reason behind the move.

"Airdrie is a lot closer to home for me as I stay in Falkirk so it is only 10, 15 minutes along the road."

However, the fans' favourite was keen to thank the Sons supporters for the backing he has received throughout the campaign which he believes has improved him as a player, he continued: "I would like to thank the fans very much for their support all the way through the season, right up until the end of the season, they made me the player I was this season.

"I would really like to thank everybody at Dumbarton, I couldn't say that enough.

"I wish Dumbarton all the best, the club was like a second home to me and I couldn't thank Dumbarton enough for what they have done this season."

Are there no potentially useful strikers in the junior game. I know we have been unsuccesful with most juniors that we.have signed with the notable exception of gary fleming

Barring that Are there Any Good premier league young strikers looking for a loan deal to get some experience.

Are there no potentially useful strikers in the junior game. I know we have been unsuccesful with most juniors that we.have signed with the notable exception of gary fleming

Barring that Are there Any Good premier league young strikers looking for a loan deal to get some experience.

Bring Back Paul Maxwell.

Starting to sound a wee bit desperate there, dont worry, Murray's got it under control!

The thing is, he was shite for every Senior club he's been at really. He joined us as a no-mark journeyman in his early thirties, having never played at this level before and was unexpectedly fantastic.

This....He reminds me very much of Kenny Ashwood from our successful promotion to the Scottish Premier League in the 1980s. Ashwood had a journeyman career with East Stirlinghire and Falkirk before signing for the Sons in 1983. He immediately transformed our team and couldn't stop scoring that entire season. However, it was a 'flash in the pan'. Although still a Sons legend he had a mediocre season in the Premier League with us before moving on to relatively unsuccessful periods with Ayr, Falkirk and Queen of the South. He even had a loan spell at Aidrie ;) I can honestly see Jim Lister going the same way. He had an outstanding season with us but I'm not convinced he could have repeated it. Sad to see him go (and really surprised at his choice of club) but if we sign a decent, young striker to replace him I'll be delighted.