Sons' sorrow

I see that Andy Kirk is a free agent,he would be a decent replacement for Jimmy imo. His goal record at div one level is fairly consistent as well, 1 every 2.8 games for Dunfermline is a pretty excellent return.

This....He reminds me very much of Kenny Ashwood from our successful promotion to the Scottish Premier League in the 1980s. Ashwood had a journeyman career with East Stirlinghire and Falkirk before signing for the Sons in 1983. He immediately transformed our team and couldn't stop scoring that entire season. However, it was a 'flash in the pan'. Although still a Sons legend he had a mediocre season in the Premier League with us before moving on to relatively unsuccessful periods with Ayr, Falkirk and Queen of the South. He even had a loan spell at Aidrie ;) I can honestly see Jim Lister going the same way. He had an outstanding season with us but I'm not convinced he could have repeated it. Sad to see him go (and really surprised at his choice of club) but if we sign a decent, young striker to replace him I'll be delighted.

Spot-on, I mentioned the Ashwood comparison to mates at a game recently.

Good news, he will always score goals and is a quality guy.

I'm surprised Grindlay hasn't sign yet, he is normally one of the first, i wonder if he has been asked to take a wage cut, or been told he won't be the #1.

If we bring in gemmell then listers loss won't impact as much as turner leaving. Plus the total rage from some of the sons fans on here would be fantastic reading

Thon "supersons" boy would spontaneously combust.

Yup I hate the fat bam

Good news, he will always score goals and is a quality guy.

I'm surprised Grindlay hasn't sign yet, he is normally one of the first, i wonder if he has been asked to take a wage cut, or been told he won't be the #1.

Ah yes, in lieu of information, start a completely unfounded rumour based on pure speculation...