Sons' sorrow

wont be better signing for sons this pre season. murray doing wonders. and well done the club for splashin the cash. hope we can get a decent proven striker in now.brian graham? weatherson?

We have no chance of getting Graham,Weatherson has a decent goal record at this level (especially against us) but has never really impressed me. I think we'd be better going for Craig Malcolm from Stranraer. Younger ,hungrier and with a very decent goal record for a struggling second division team,plus he knocked back a deal from Morton to stay part time so would be a perfect fit.

We have no chance of getting Graham,Weatherson has a decent goal record at this level (especially against us) but has never really impressed me. I think we'd be better going for Craig Malcolm from Stranraer. Younger ,hungrier and with a very decent goal record for a struggling second division team,plus he knocked back a deal from Morton to stay part time so would be a perfect fit.

Good shout with Malcolm. Haven't seen him play but 18 goals for Stranraer last year would suggest he knows where the goal is. Do we know if he's under contract?

I'm actually crying tears of joy - Chris Turner - 2 year contract

Get. In. There.

Best news of the day and no mistake. Respect too for following thro on his wee tease at the Awards Dance about 'hoping to see us again next season'.

Not only we have re-signed a quality midfielder, but the capture of CT and Chris Smith this week has hopefully sent out a very positive message to other players that this club is in the best shape since the early 80's - the 1880's.

Get. In. There.

Best news of the day and no mistake. Respect too for following thro on his wee tease at the Awards Dance about 'hoping to see us again next season'.

Not only we have re-signed a quality midfielder, but the capture of CT and Chris Smith this week has hopefully sent out a very positive message to other players that this club is in the best shape since the early 80's - the 1880's.

*Scott Smith

This is wonderful news.

I wonder what new signings Murray has in mind, because he doesn't seem the type to fill the squad up with a few mediocre players - he's going to want to build on the excellent standard of player that he's already retained. His judgement and decisiveness so far can't be faulted.

I'm actually excited for the close season. This is the best Sons have looked in all my time following them.

Absolutely delighted with the Turner news.

Our most important player by a mile. Massive well done to everyone involved in getting him on a two year deal.

The board used to get all sorts of pelters from us but they should be commended for what they have done the last couple of seasons. Prawn sandwich loyal.

Absolutely delighted with this news!

He was a stand-out who only got better and better as the season went on last year, and he's a lynchpin in our side.

Murray has to be commended for managing to get so many of our core signed up for next season already, and as others have said too, well done to the board as well for giving Murray the chance to get CT on board again.

:D

Our starting XI would be very strong if we sign: One of the keepers, a right back (Devlin? I believe he is being released), Lithgow, Graham and a striker, hopefully one from the 2nd or 3rd Division with a good goal scoring record, for example Malcolm.

I'd then fill the rest of the squad with loan and released SPL youths, who have been in and around their club's first team and a few more experienced players as well.

Edited by bigmacDFC

Our starting XI would be very strong if we sign: One of the keepers, a right back (Devlin? I believe he is being released)

Must admit I wasn't overly impressed with Devlin when he came back on loan. Looked a immobile and seemed to have lost something from his game.

Reckon Murray could get someone better.