Sons' sorrow

I've just remebered that Jack Ross and Ian Murray are still registered as players. But I doubt we'll see either in the first team. Ross will probably continue to play with the reserves to help bring the young lads on, but he'll not feature in the first team. Even last season when we had no fit right back, we resorted to playing the young midfielder Adam Ashgar from Motherwell in that role and Ross stayed in the dugout. Whether Murray will see himself in a playing role this season remains to be seen.

I think Murray has said in the past he would take part in pre-season training and then he can make a decision from there. If he's fully fit I think him and Graham could be a good partnership. But, it's all down to Murray there and he's not unknown to pick up injuries as well.

I think Murray has said in the past he would take part in pre-season training and then he can make a decision from there. If he's fully fit I think him and Graham could be a good partnership. But, it's all down to Murray there and he's not unknown to pick up injuries as well.

Aye I think he'd be an ideal partner for Graham if fit and sharp, but I just can't shake the feeling that he won't fancy playing himself. That 45 minutes he put in for the ressies last season showed a man far from fit and comments he's made along the way give the impression that he can't decide whether he has a future on the park or not. If he's unsure of his own availability to continue then I think we'll still be in the market for a centre back. Murray doesn't strike me as the kind of guy to take a chance and leave himself shorthanded for playing numbers, he comes across as a planner who'd want to cover all the bases.

What we need is a chissy type who can play anywhere what ever happened to ally graham or strling smith?

Pretty sure Ally Graham was at the Bankies last season! If he is still there we might get a look at him when we play them in a few weeks.

apparently 4 yards taken off the length both ends and a yard off both sides. i thought it looked quite long. possibly yellow due to weed killer and long cos its being grown out.

You are correct that 4 yards have been taken off the length both ends and a yard off both sides. The manager felt that the bigger pitch suited the fitter full-time teams.

On the playing side I would still like a proven scorer to come in.

Sons bringing their pitch in to stop teams that play proper football, like Cowdenbeath FC. Will suit Murray and his long ball game I guess.

no it is so full time teams dont tire us as much though not as effective against bad teams like east stirling and pub teams or worse like cowdenbeath and dunfirmline

That is an absolutely terrible attempt.

no it is so full time teams dont tire us as much though not as effective against bad teams like east stirling and pub teams or worse like cowdenbeath and dunfirmline

I'm assuming the 2000 in his name is his year of birth.

Glad we had a good run out at the weekend but it is a preseason game so will wait until competitive games come along to fully judge.

The pitch alterations are an interesting one, could it really help our game and help much with the stand side frozen patch?

Squads coming together nicely don't think we'll see much signings, apart from who we know about. I guess if anyone else is to be added its now a waiting game as they may have interest from higher teams so its seeing if that works or weather we could offer something. Plus surely we will have a youngster or two coming from St Mirren/Motherwell.

Glad we had a good run out at the weekend but it is a preseason game so will wait until competitive games come along to fully judge.

The pitch alterations are an interesting one, could it really help our game and help much with the stand side frozen patch?

Squads coming together nicely don't think we'll see much signings, apart from who we know about. I guess if anyone else is to be added its now a waiting game as they may have interest from higher teams so its seeing if that works or weather we could offer something. Plus surely we will have a youngster or two coming from St Mirren/Motherwell.

I think moving the pitch in will help our game. We need to be hard to beat at home (something we weren't last year) and giving full-time teams as little room as possible will help that. Don't see it helping with the frozen aspect though, it's only been moved in a yard at the sidelines. I'm sure we will see loans coming in but with SPL sides currently going through pre-season it probably won't be until the end of this month/start of August before they decide who they're willing to let go out on loan.

The good thing is we're not scrambling for players and even with us starting pre-season a bit earlier we've pretty much got our squad sorted.

Anyone heading to the Strollers game this weekend?

Edited by The Moonster

I'll be heading along to see the Strollers. Quite looking forward to it actually; new ground and all that.

Any idea on admission prices? I'm hoping to get a lift over the turnstiles.