Sons' sorrow

This the boy Dundee were after and some Saints fans feel he's better than Stevie May was at the same age? Good stuff if true. A centre half or two in now and we'll be in good shape.

It would be nice to see them play together, but more likely Kane will end up being May's successor when he does eventually leave. Kane just signed a new 2 and a half year contract last month and it's not often we give out that length of contract to anyone. I've not seen him enough to comment really, but some of our fans rate him more highly than they rate May - he does need to bulk up a bit though.

Dumbarton have signed Saints' young striker Chris Kane on loan for a month initially, with it extended through to the end of the season if it suits.

He's scored 21 goals in 18 games for our U20s this season. It's sometimes difficult to judge players when they are playing at age levels but my impression of him has been of a good penalty box player who is also strong with his back to goal.

Excellent,heard a lot of good things about him. Have you got a centre half we could borrow?

ETA: Wee article on Kane

http://sport.stv.tv/football/clubs/st-johnstone/257654-fourteen-for-14-meet-st-johnstones-goal-grabbing-teenager-chris-kane/

Edited by Sonsteam of 08

Ye have little faith. Let's trust murray with this one.

The team sitting bottom of the league barely any better off than we were at this time last year have just deemed him not up to the standard they need to survive so forgive me for thinking that he potentially won't be good enough for us.

I agree with the Moonsters sentiment here however i will reserve my judgement until the first 10 minutes of his début. Jordan Kirkpatrick was released by Hamilton and Aggy by Ayr United so i will give him a fair chance.

I'm not expecting much so he can only impress me...

Edited by Sonsteam of 08

Think shiels freeing of mclaughlin and novo so quickly was after a quick cost/benefit analysis. For getting rid of them morton seem to have been able to bring in 3 or 4. i dont the judgement to free big mclaughlin would have been purely a footballing one. Quite happy to see him with us, though i remember him as being right sided like andy g.

The team sitting bottom of the league barely any better off than we were at this time last year have just deemed him not up to the standard they need to survive so forgive me for thinking that he potentially won't be good enough for us.

Give the guy a chance. You're quick enough to criticise Dumbarton fans for getting on the back of the team and here you are slagging off a player before he's even kicked a ball. Apparently he was hoping for the managers job so it's hardly surprising that Shiels has freed him.