Sons' sorrow

Would like to think McNiff will get a chance. Very good in our promotion season.

McNiff had his chance in the first part of last season and didn't take it. He is not good enough for this level we would be much better trying to develop Coleman who has been getting rave reviews from the Kilbirnie fans.

McNiff had his chance in the first part of last season and didn't take it. He is not good enough for this level we would be much better trying to develop Coleman who has been getting rave reviews from the Kilbirnie fans.

Agree about Coleman but I also think McNiff should at least be considered. Doubt Coleman will play at all this season.

Would like to think McNiff will get a chance. Very good in our promotion season.

Jeez....Martin McNiff, the dubious legend lives on. And it IS a legend, we've moved on now from guys like him, Creaney and Chizzy all of whom did their bit but it's now time to concentrate on the here and now. And if that means Mark McLaughlin tutoring Joe Coleman into the first team squad then fine by me. Or bringing in another centre-back.

One thing's for sure, there's no room for sentiment in the Championship, especially for guys who were never that braw in the first place.

There's no chance of Nish being released. He is also working as a coach for club, so no way. You also have to look at how many performances he has made since coming in. I reckon one of two things is going on; either he is being paid far too much not too play. Or Murray feels he is capable and deserves more of a chance than the like of Smith. I guess it might just be that Murray feels like he should give a mate more of a chance but I doubt that!

Think it is a bit harsh to say McNiff never had it. He was a very good player the season we got promoted. Probably more important than some of the midfielders we had. Yet they have made the step up. He just seemed to struggle to settle last year. I'd be happy with him as cover.

Jeez....Martin McNiff, the dubious legend lives on. And it IS a legend, we've moved on now from guys like him, Creaney and Chizzy all of whom did their bit but it's now time to concentrate on the here and now. And if that means Mark McLaughlin tutoring Joe Coleman into the first team squad then fine by me. Or bringing in another centre-back.

One thing's for sure, there's no room for sentiment in the Championship, especially for guys who were never that braw in the first place.

You can't compare McNiff to Creaney or Chissy (who, for the record, I would have back in a heartbeat). McNiff was a very important player for us and may still have a part to play.

You can't compare McNiff to Creaney or Chissy (who, for the record, I would have back in a heartbeat). McNiff was a very important player for us and may still have a part to play.

Anyone who would have Chissy back in their team at this level needs their fucking head examined.

As for McNiff, I doubt he'll play again for us. I liked him but at times against better teams he did struggle, and he'd likely better off playing reguarly for a League 1/2 side.

Edited by untitled00

Anyone who would have Chissy back in their team at this level needs their fucking head examined.

As for McNiff, I doubt he'll play again for us. I liked him but at times against better teams he did struggle, and he'd likely better off playing reguarly for a League 1/2 side.

Anyone who wouldn't throw Chissy on with 5 minutes left and a goal down needs their head examined.

McNiff was nothing more than distinctly average when he played with us, never really understood the fuss over him. I would be seriously worried if we had to resort to playing him.

Anyone claiming Chizzy was a hero or should be anywhere near our current squad is merely jesting. Character yes, football player no.

not sure if trolling...

Niff was part of the team promoted from the playoffs out of the 2nd div, also part of the team that had such a poor start in the 1st division. Since then a stalwart with annan in the new 2nd / old 3rd.

For me, he can go with our thanks.

what was the score tonight

We lost 5-2 with McKerracher and Kane scoring for Sons. As far as I can gather it was a patchwork team with Kevin Smith starting and Aggy and McDougall taking part for some of the game. Interestingly, a tall centre-back trialist had a run out for us and apparently looked none too bad; pretty sure I know of the guy as described to me but I’ll keep schtum in case I’m wrong ;)

We lost 5-2 with McKerracher and Kane scoring for Sons. As far as I can gather it was a patchwork team with Kevin Smith starting and Aggy and McDougall taking part for some of the game. Interestingly, a tall centre-back trialist had a run out for us and apparently looked none too bad; pretty sure I know of the guy as described to me but I’ll keep schtum in case I’m wrong ;)

You big tease! Who were we playing last night?

Did chissy do his bit did someone say . What bit was that?.polished the boots?

Hot press bet butler is to be demolished in order for new olsp to be built. You heard it here first.

Pro tip: don't get drunk on a week day during business hours.