Sons' sorrow

What's the scoop with Chris Kane, has anyone heard if his loan is being extended ? I'm worried someone comes in late on for Stevie May and he's called back to Perth :shutup

Had a check on St Johnstone's thread earlier and can't see any news of a bid for May. There was rumours of a bid from QPR but Redknapp has said there will be no bid from them. Peterborough were another team mentioned but again, no firm bid. They did sign Chris Iwelumo in this window but I imagine he's been brought in to be back up for May and not as a replacement. May himself has apparently said he wants to stay until the end of the season and help Saints win the cup but if a good move is available to him over the next 2 days he might not be able to turn it down. I'd like to think that for St Johnstone to sell him now they'd need a very, very good offer as they have pretty much no time to get a replacement.

I'm quietly confident we'll see Kano back here.

Had a check on St Johnstone's thread earlier and can't see any news of a bid for May. There was rumours of a bid from QPR but Redknapp has said there will be no bid from them. Peterborough were another team mentioned but again, no firm bid. They did sign Chris Iwelumo in this window but I imagine he's been brought in to be back up for May and not as a replacement. May himself has apparently said he wants to stay until the end of the season and help Saints win the cup but if a good move is available to him over the next 2 days he might not be able to turn it down. I'd like to think that for St Johnstone to sell him now they'd need a very, very good offer as they have pretty much no time to get a replacement.

I'm quietly confident we'll see Kano back here.

Iwelumo said in an interview the other day that he went to St Johnstone on condition that he plays with Stevie May rather than replaces him. Of course, it is not his decision whether the club sells May or not but I assume he was given those assurances, at least until the end of the season.

Edited by Sons FC

Iwelumo said in an interview the other day that he went to St Johnstone on condition that he plays with Stevie May rather than replaces him. Of course, it is not his decision whether the club sells May or not but I assume he was given those assurances, at least until the end of the season.

Yeah, St Johnstone are in a good position in that they aren't desperate for cash and can hold on to May and cash in at the end of the season. I'm hopeful we'll see confirmation in the next day or two.

Don't think any Cowden fan wants to see Dumbarton relegated. There are plenty other targets.

I think it is mutual - we both think we can take points off each other and benefits us both to have other part time clubs in the division.

You are reading this wrong guys. What you have achieved in just over a year is remarkable. I was not trying to change your fortunes - honest.

Hmmm. Dirty tricks methinks.

Never forget that in the 40 years I have followed the Sons, this thread is the only thing that has ever worked!

I think the chances are that Murray has been trying to find a club in League 2 (hate saying/tying that) to take McKerracher on loan, but has been unable to find one/ game time can't be guaranteed.

If Kane doesn't extend his loan do you reckon we'll bring in another striker or stick with what we have?

If we did bring someone in, would you take McShane?

If Kane doesn't extend his loan do you reckon we'll bring in another striker or stick with what we have?

If we did bring someone in, would you take McShane?

If we don't get Kane, I'd take McShane in a heartbeat. Edited by The Elephant In The Rock

I'm confident Kane will stay. Even if May leaves (which I doubt) he wouldn't be ready to step up as a first team regular at that level. Half a season with us will benefit him massively.

As for McShane, not a chance. Seems to have seriously lost his way and by all accounts has been terrible at Hamilton.