Sons' sorrow

Poisoned chalice or not folk are kidding themselves on if they think Murray would turn it down.

If Hibs come calling he'll absolutely jump at the chance.

Maybe you're right. However with the timing and situation it would be a big gamble. I'm still not sure he'll be the man Hibs will go for.

Maybe you're right. However with the timing and situation it would be a big gamble. I'm still not sure he'll be the man Hibs will go for.

I just heard Leanne Dempster quoted on the radio as saying that Hibs will 'take time' over the next appointment. If we take that at face value then Ian Murray should be hard at it building our squad for the coming season.

My own view is that he may be well advised to stay clear at this particular time; if Hibs don't go back up pronto then neither their fans or their Board is likely to be too forgiving. At the moment I see them third at best, unless they assemble a really good squad.

In terms of reputation he can afford at least another season with us, and presumably it's not as if managing Hibs is the only career option of interest to him.

Move along now Cowden, Falkirk folk, nothing to see here.

His hero status at Hibs would be tarnished if he turned them down in their time of need. I'm 100% convinced he'd be off like a shot if they approached him.

Personally I think it would be a huge ask of Murray to do something with that shambles of a club/team. Only promotion will keep the fans happy and I'm not convinced Murray would take them up. As many have mentioned the job is a poisoned chalice and I don't think it would be the right move for Ian either. It was interesting to see him bigging up Petrie in the paper last week, a guy I thought he had a strained relationship with.

What will happen will happen I suppose. f**k it.

His hero status at Hibs would be tarnished if he turned them down in their time of need. I'm 100% convinced he'd be off like a shot if they approached him.

A lot of Hibees that I know and have seen on here don't want him, they are still seething that he left them for the Original Rangers and still haven't forgiven him... His appointment wouldn't be the crowd pleaser that most outsiders seem to think it would be.

A lot of Hibees that I know and have seen on here don't want him, they are still seething that he left them for the Original Rangers and still haven't forgiven him... His appointment wouldn't be the crowd pleaser that most outsiders seem to think it would be.

Sums them up tbh. Bitter over a young guy moving to a club where he's guaranteed titles, European football and more money.

Not sure this is accurate. Hibs fans are a funny lot, they hated Kevin Thomson for leaving to Rangers (and saying what he did) then as soon as he came back they wanked themselves to death over him and were raging when he left - despite him being poor.

I'm not just saying it but surely it's the perfect time for Murray at Hibs. He will get a year or even two in the championship - a league he knows better than any of the other potential managers. That time will allow him to get to terms with the enormity of the step up so when he eventually guides them to promotion he will be a lot more familiar and ready for the Premiership. It would be an easier transition to take the job now than moving up to the top flight say next season.

Obviously I hope to f**k he goes as he's been nothing short of outstanding.

Saw this on Twitter, Hibs fans are a weird bunch. Totally agree with him though...

User Actions
Follow
UwjHoWUJ_bigger.jpegCal Paterson@Cal_Paterson

What's Ian Murray done? Narrowly kept Dumbarton up #bravo #murrayout

I think this just proves the wider point that Scottish fitba fans are beginning to view Dumbarton as an established Championship club rather than just a diddy part-time side punching above its weight.

I predict if we narrowly avoid relegation this season, many fans of other clubs will view it as a bit of a failure rather than the phenomenal achievement it would be.

Cal is a moron, of course.

I just heard Leanne Dempster quoted on the radio as saying that Hibs will 'take time' over the next appointment.

I find this a bit silly.

Falkirk and Hibs are in the same boat with no manger and our board are keen to get someone in before we return to pre season training at the end of the month.

Given Hibs need to sign almost an entire team you'd think they would be in more of a hurry.

I find it very difficult to see Murray staying now. All the 'he's not ready' stuff isn't quite as applicable as it was when the St.Mirren job became vacant. No one would realistically expect him to win the league this season, so he would presumably have at least two seasons to get hibs up. I just can't see him turning it down if offered it, which seems incredibly likely to happen IMO.

This talk about Murray having time if he joins Hibs now is nonsense. Hibs are notoriously quick to fire their managers and Dempster has already said in her statement that the new manager's first job is to get them automatic promotion this season by winning the league. He'd get sacked by November and be unemployed. Pointless move for him and any manager with a decent reputation should steer well clear. Hibs are a basket case and only someone naive or desperate would or should agree to become their new boss.

Equally worrying is the lack of activity in the transfer window, combined with some seriously underwhelming re-signings. I can only hope we'll see things progress quickly in the right direction now that Murray is back from holiday.

There's nowt worrying about our signings so far or the number of them. If anything, we've been quite prompt to tie up the main body of the squad, based on Dumbarton's usual standards of last minute scrambles for signings. Everyone just chill the f**k out.

This talk about Murray having time if he joins Hibs now is nonsense. Hibs are notoriously quick to fire their managers and Dempster has already said in her statement that the new manager's first job is to get them automatic promotion this season by winning the league. He'd get sacked by November and be unemployed. Pointless move for him and any manager with a decent reputation should steer well clear. Hibs are a basket case and only someone naive or desperate would or should agree to become their new boss.

Davie Moyes!!!!

There's nowt worrying about our signings so far or the number of them. If anything, we've been quite prompt to tie up the main body of the squad, based on Dumbarton's usual standards of last minute scrambles for signings. Everyone just chill the f**k out.

Would you not class re-signing McDougall, Ewings, Hugh Murray and Prunty as underwhelming?

Edited by FifeSons

I find it very difficult to see Murray staying now. All the 'he's not ready' stuff isn't quite as applicable as it was when the St.Mirren job became vacant. No one would realistically expect him to win the league this season, so he would presumably have at least two seasons to get hibs up. I just can't see him turning it down if offered it, which seems incredibly likely to happen IMO.

Maybe it would help if Ian Murray announced publicly that he was remaining at Dumbarton.