Sons' sorrow

Apparently the replacement admin assistant suddenly jacked it in and the Chairman and CEO aren't coping too well. My source told me it's like Basil Fawlty, but not as well-mannered.

funnily enough, it was Gilbert Lawrie who sold me mine, and i have heard of someone else who was told they couldnt buy theirs until 20 June - i am assuming that was due to wanting a seat in a specific area - new ST holder

Ahead of the season in which sales of season tickets should rocket I hear that there is something of an admin and PR shambles at DFC right now - anyone else heard similar ?

Funnily enough, I called this morning to renew my season ticket. Phone answered by Mr Lawrie in a very dour and unprofessional manner, asked rather abruptly if I had filled out my renewal form and when I told him I hadn't I was told "you won't be renewing today then" in a rather condesending manner. That'll be that then. Gave the impression he was being inconveniedand overall a pretty poor experience from a sales perspective

Now, as a long time season ticket holder I'll renew later this week, but I'd be surprised if that sort of response to a sales enquiry didn't put others off.

Not the first time the club have fell short on basic customer service.

Funnily enough, I called this morning to renew my season ticket. Phone answered by Mr Lawrie in a very dour and unprofessional manner, asked rather abruptly if I had filled out my renewal form and when I told him I hadn't I was told "you won't be renewing today then" in a rather condesending manner. That'll be that then. Gave the impression he was being inconveniedand overall a pretty poor experience from a sales perspective

Now, as a long time season ticket holder I'll renew later this week, but I'd be surprised if that sort of response to a sales enquiry didn't put others off.

Not the first time the club have fell short on basic customer service.

Last year I completed my form down at the stadium without any sort of issue despite the 'must complete form before arriving' warnings. It took about 2 mins in total to complete and there was hardly hoardes of Sons fans waiting to renew being held up.

Don't see the issue in completing it down there unless it's qeued out the door.

Could it not be done over the phone there and then, or a form sent out today via email which I could have completed during my lunch hour? The option would have been nice, instead of the rather obvious wish to be off the phone as soon as possible.

Getting down the club isn't an option unfortunately.

Could it not be done over the phone there and then, or a form sent out today via email which I could have completed during my lunch hour? The option would have been nice, instead of the rather obvious wish to be off the phone as soon as possible.

Getting down the club isn't an option unfortunately.

You can download the form online. Don't it for a mate just last week. Quite straight forward enough. But, yeah might not let you purchase it until you hand the form in at the office.

I've been down twice to the stadium about season ticket enquires and twice it has been Gilbert who was on the desk. Does seem quite uncomfortable in the role. Heard today from him that sales are over 300 which is better than average for this time of year. Not sure how much truth is in it though.

Hamilton have let Kevin Cuthbert go, used to live Greenock way I'm sure. Would be a good signing if we could pull it off although I'm sure a FT club or two will be looking at him.

perhaps not, I seem to recall accies fans wanting rid, I'd take him, plenty experience, but is he better than what we have? I think so