Sons' sorrow

Yes but the stand is by virtue of its construction a temporary structure. My only point was that a temporary stand could be erected for the whole season and not dismantled and re-erected each time we use it.

I take your point but when that stand was put up (2008) the club said it would have a minimum 30 year lifespan and "should last considerably longer than that". The suggestion at that point - and mooted a few times since - is that the club will at some point put a concrete stand/enclosure on that side of the ground and move the gazebo behind the goals at the Railway End. So it's a temporary stand which is going to be around for a long time ;) .

Edited by Waspie

Aye the 'lets sign Monti' chat is up there with the 'lets sign Davie Crawford, Ryan McStay, Derek Caracary etc' chat.

Done absolutely nothing at this level. As Moonster pointed out Tommy Coyne managed to score about 50 a season at Pollok so that argument is rendered invalid.

'In the absence of hard fact, wild speculation will inevitably fill the vacuum'

Kate Middleton, on buying a Pregnancy Test Kit in Boots in Kensington, 2012.

Hugh Murray pre injury Aye

Hugh Murray post injury Naw

For Shug Murray to make a decent contribution he needs a good pre-season under his belt. If that happens he can be a decided asset but I really hope both men have been honest in their discussion and expectations and we're not left with another Smith/McDougall type scenario nexst term.

For Shug Murray to make a decent contribution he needs a good pre-season under his belt. If that happens he can be a decided asset but I really hope both men have been honest in their discussion and expectations and we're not left with another Smith/McDougall type scenario nexst term.

The worry I have is that since Shug signed permanently, you could suggest that he looked less than interested. MacDougall was in the same boat. Do we really want players who can't really be arsed sitting on our bench? I'd rather we moved guys like that on and got someone who is looking to push first team players.

We'll need some inspiring new signings I think, it's been good getting most of the squad signed up but I'm a bit underwhelmed so far. Plenty time to go though.

I do hope it works out for Shug but he looked well off the pace towards the end of last season. The mid-week defeat at Falkirk being a prime example.

Agree with the above though, if he can get plenty involvement in the pre-season matches then he may yet have something to offer.

Who does that leave uncommitted? Nish, McGinn and Megginson? Decision time for them soon.

Whilst I appreciate that we need 'backup' players I don't understand the policy of signing players for that sole purpose. Surely players should be on the bench because the guy who's starting is playing so well, not because they aren't good enough to start.

McDougall, Ewings, Murray and to a certain extent McLaughlin and Prunty fall into the 'not good enough to start' category. McLaughlin and Prunty do offer more than just the playing side of things so their signings could and should be handy but the other 3 should have been punted.

Edited by Bring Back Paddy Flannery