Sons' sorrow

Was thinking the other day about the away buses and how there could be more demand for certain games, two in particular to Ibrox. No one can deny that there's an unhealthy amount of Rangers fans in the town and I was wondering how people would feel if they decided to use the Sonstrust run buses as a cheap and easy option to get to the games against us.

Was thinking the other day about the away buses and how there could be more demand for certain games, two in particular to Ibrox. No one can deny that there's an unhealthy amount of Rangers fans in the town and I was wondering how people would feel if they decided to use the Sonstrust run buses as a cheap and easy option to get to the games against us.

If I'm not misreading this, are you asking how we'd feel about Rangers fans travelling with Dumbarton fans on the supporters' bus(ses) to Ibrox?

They do run their own buses from Dumbarton, but I'm not sure what kind of pricing is in place for them.

More to the point, will any 'Celtic' fans be in attendance at these games. We have a large following from both sides in the area and I can't help but feel we will get quite a few Celtic fans in the Dumbarton support. Ones who don't attend most Celtic games etc...

I personally have no problem with this kind of thing, as long as they don't start any trouble! Much like when we went to Aberdeen (I know there were a few old firm fans in our support) but they didn't cause us any hassle.

If I'm not misreading this, are you asking how we'd feel about Rangers fans travelling with Dumbarton fans on the supporters' bus(ses) to Ibrox?

Yeah that was the gist of it.

I doubt very much if any Rangers fans will attempt to book on our bus(es).

It's not rocket science to get to Ibrox by Rangers bus or train/subway from Dumbarton.

Let's hope it's a 'pointless' exercise for them.

Edited by Howlin' Wilf

Funny what you remember. At the cup semi in 1976 v Hearts something like 15 buses went from Dumbarton and three from Helensburgh (organised by then Bogheid announcer Willie Muir) for both games.

A guy who I knew, got on one of the Sons buses at Colquhoun Square Helensburgh wearing a Hearts scarf. He was informed in no uncertain terms that whilst he was permitted to travel on the bus that it would be on the condition he removed the scarf. For the avoidance of doubt he was informed that refusal to comply with the request to remove said garment would in all probability result in its removal by other passengers and that it would be rolled up and stored in a tender part of his anatomy for safe keeping.

He took the scarf off.

Funny what you remember. At the cup semi in 1976 v Hearts something like 15 buses went from Dumbarton and three from Helensburgh (organised by then Bogheid announcer Willie Muir) for both games.

A guy who I knew, got on one of the Sons buses at Colquhoun Square Helensburgh wearing a Hearts scarf. He was informed in no uncertain terms that whilst he was permitted to travel on the bus that it would be on the condition he removed the scarf. For the avoidance of doubt he was informed that refusal to comply with the request to remove said garment would in all probability result in its removal by other passengers and that it would be rolled up and stored in a tender part of his anatomy for safe keeping.

He took the scarf off.

Quite right too. That fucking c**t who wears the Rangers home top to all our games is in dire need of a clawhammer to the face.

I was in charge of collecting the money on one of the buses which went to hampden for the league cup semi final replay in 1970 and there were definitely several Celtic fans on the bus but to give them their due they did keep a low profile. Hopefully this season we can fill.all the buses with our own supporters.