Sons' sorrow

I take your point that there's no way of guaranteeing an unused season ticket seat goes to a genuine Dumbarton fan (or neutral). However, surely that's the case with ANY seat in the home end, especially those on general sale.

Even if a Rangers, Hibs or Hearts supporter ends up with an unused season ticket seat they are likely to be isolated within a group of home fans, i.e. rather than pocket of 50-100 all sitting together.

I stand by my view. It's a minor inconvenience which I'm prepared to put up with if it helps the club financially.

As far as Brabco directors go? At £80 a pop for those hospitality seats within the directors box I've a feeling Jardine & Lawrie will be trying to get every single seat occupied, ideally by a paying customer.

The ticket thing is a load of drivel. If you buy a season ticket (which comes with an allocated seat) you are buying that seat for the season. It doesn't matter if you go to every game or not it's your right to choose as you've paid for it. If you can't make it the seat lies empty unless you give it to someone else. Making season ticket holders go and pick up tickets is a no no. I live in Aberdeen, if we had the same system as you I'd have to go and pick up a ticket before the game? No thanks.

Not really sure the above point about proof of residency to avoid away fans in the home end. The police won't have any interest in this what's so ever. If there's tickets on sale for the home end it will be first come first served. No one will give a toss where they come from, if away fans manage to get there in time they will buy them. Happens all the time sadly.

I stand by my view. It's a minor inconvenience which I'm prepared to put up with if it helps the club financially.

Minor inconvenience?

I've just paid 235 quid for a season ticket, my understanding was that I paid for the use of my seat for the entire season. I should be able to choose whether I attend or not. If this is the case it should have been cascaded before tickets were purchased.

I could be looking at working down south the odd week over the coming year so this is a big inconvenience for me. If tickets can be sent to your door via an emailed request then fair enough but still a bit of a pain. If the opening hours remain the same and no email request and posted ticket is available then it's a big inconvenience for anyone who works a bog standard 9-5 week.

They are effectively re-selling a seat they have already received money for.

It's only speculation at the minute but if it is indeed true then I can't say I'm impressed in the slightest.

I think I'm more with mike rankine on this one. Don't get me wrong, it'll be a pain in the arse having to pick up a ticket but I'd like to think there will be ways round the headache of collecting a ticket during working hours. Would it be too difficult to have a season ticket holder phone the club with their name and seat number and reserve the ticket for collection on the match day? That way, no one's going out of there way and they get their seat.

I fully understand it annoys people to have to reserve a seat when they've already bought a season ticket but I don't see a massive problem with the club wanting as many bums on seats as possible. If you're not using the seat, what's the issue with someone else using it?

Its not the stopping someone else using the seat (or ticket even) for me its possibly having to vusit the club to pick up a ticket i ve already bought and thought i held already.

If true, this makes a hat trick of st own goals this close season; the unannounced £50 rise to st prices with no early bird discount, removal of student discount then perhaps this nonsense.

I think the club are in danger of losing some of their core support whilst milking the three cash cows.

Its not the stopping someone else using the seat (or ticket even) for me its possibly having to vusit the club to pick up a ticket i ve already bought and thought i held already.

If true, this makes a hat trick of st own goals this close season; the unannounced £50 rise to st prices with no early bird discount, removal of student discount then perhaps this nonsense.

I think the club are in danger of losing some of their core support whilst milking the three cash cows.

I agree that if folk are having to go out their way to claim the ticket then it's not on but I'd think surely they'll see sense and let you collect on the day of the match.

I agree that if folk are having to go out their way to claim the ticket then it's not on but I'd think surely they'll see sense and let you collect on the day of the match.

Surely if that's the case they'd need to have some sort of ticket office type thing set up away from the main entrance? Can't imagine them agreeing to having potentially hundreds of folk entering the main reception on a match day.

Sincerely hope they will post these out to folk to save us a lot of hassle. We're talking 6 games this will affect which is indeed a total pain in the tits.

Surely if that's the case they'd need to have some sort of ticket office type thing set up away from the main entrance? Can't imagine them agreeing to having potentially hundreds of folk entering the main reception on a match day.

Sincerely hope they will post these out to folk to save us a lot of hassle. We're talking 6 games this will affect which is indeed a total pain in the tits.

I don't know, I reckon there's more chance of them allowing the potential for 600+ people to collect a ticket on the match day than there is of them posting out 600+ tickets for each game though.

I don't know, I reckon there's more chance of them allowing the potential for 600+ people to collect a ticket on the match day than there is of them posting out 600+ tickets for each game though.

Just can't see that being viable if I'm honest unless they set up some form of ticket office/collection point type thing, which may well happen but don't know how or where they'd do it. Our Cooncil would probably block us setting up a table and gazebo.

Say only 100 of the 600 season ticket holders collect theirs from the stadium beforehand. That would mean 500 punters turning up between 2.30 and 3.45 on match day looking to collect theirs. The main entrance would be chaos. Plus you'd have really famous superstars like Bilel Mohsni, Barry MacKay, Sebastien Faure and Jon Daly's security to consider.

Edited by Bring Back Paddy Flannery

Thanks!

Interesting that Bruce? Livingstone was on the bench, if he's the guy I'm thinking of, as he was a 'keeper. Pretty sure Willie Whigham (sp?) was in goal in the Dryburgh Cup tie at Celtic Park the week before.

Whigham did play against Celtic. I was wondering who Livingstone was, I'd forgotten about Bruce. Only game I can remember him playing was up at Aberdeen when we lost 6 - 0

Unless it's before midday that probably won't happen Moonster. My understanding is that the Castle Road will be blocked off by police at Castlegreen St and you must be in possession of a match ticket to be allowed to proceed to the BBS.

It was always looking to be a circus this season and so far it's exceeding expectations.

Unless it's before midday that probably won't happen Moonster. My understanding is that the Castle Road will be blocked off by police at Castlegreen St and you must be in possession of a match ticket to be allowed to proceed to the BBS.

It was always looking to be a circus this season and so far it's exceeding expectations.

What if you are visiting the Castle ? As for the ticket business we did this a few years ago when season ticket holders had to collect a ticket.

You forgot the cap on season ticket numbers some people seemed to be seething about.

Just can't see that being viable if I'm honest unless they set up some form of ticket office/collection point type thing, which may well happen but don't know how or where they'd do it. Our Cooncil would probably block us setting up a table and gazebo.

Say only 100 of the 600 season ticket holders collect theirs from the stadium beforehand. That would mean 500 punters turning up between 2.30 and 3.45 on match day looking to collect theirs. The main entrance would be chaos. Plus you'd have really famous superstars like Bilel Mohsni, Barry MacKay, Sebastien Faure and Jon Daly's security to consider.

How's this for a suggestion, the first Hearts home game is 13th September and we have two home games before that. Let's say the club get tickets printed for the game now, fans can collect their ticket at home games. The next game is against Rangers in October, again with two home games prior to that. There will be ways round it.

In this theoretical scenario where season tickets seats are re-sold if a season ticket holder doesn't turn up to reserve a seat for a Cat A game, what would happen if a season ticket holder was away, on holiday for example, and so in the week leading up the game hadn't told the club whether he would or would not be attending on the Saturday, nor picked up a ticket, and so they re-sell his seat to another punter and then the season ticket holder turns up on the Saturday and finds someone sitting in his seat, both having paid for it?

This seems like it has far too many pitfalls for me, especially since it's only for relatively few games. I'd say that if a season ticket has been sold then that's that, no need to be re-selling seats and making season ticket holders pick up match tickets in advance, that's just daft and a hassle that no-one needs. It also defeats the point of even buying a season ticket.

How's this for a suggestion, the first Hearts home game is 13th September and we have two home games before that. Let's say the club get tickets printed for the game now, fans can collect their ticket at home games. The next game is against Rangers in October, again with two home games prior to that. There will be ways round it.

I agree there most likely will be ways round it. Picking tickets up at a game a week or two in advance shouldn't be an issue for me personally but for others it might. Holidays etc could mean they miss 2 home games.

Whilst there are ways round it, it's marring (along with a few other things) what will be one of, if not the biggest season in our history. All this annoying shite is making it seem like more hassle than it's worth. I'm starting to think I prefer when Albion Rovers and Cowden come to town. The Category A circus is causing no end of hassle unfortunately.

This one may not be the clubs fault mind you, I wouldn't surprised if it was the paranoia of Strathclyde's finest.

In this theoretical scenario where season tickets seats are re-sold if a season ticket holder doesn't turn up to reserve a seat for a Cat A game, what would happen if a season ticket holder was away, on holiday for example, and so in the week leading up the game hadn't told the club whether he would or would not be attending on the Saturday, nor picked up a ticket, and so they re-sell his seat to another punter and then the season ticket holder turns up on the Saturday and finds someone sitting in his seat, both having paid for it?

This seems like it has far too many pitfalls for me, especially since it's only for relatively few games. I'd say that if a season ticket has been sold then that's that, no need to be re-selling seats and making season ticket holders pick up match tickets in advance, that's just daft and a hassle that no-one needs. It also defeats the point of even buying a season ticket.

If O'Kelly's point about the police closing off the road and only admitting folk with a match ticket is correct then the club are forced into this. It would also explain why this hasn't been communicated to fans before (I know it still hasn't but it looks like the cat is out the bag now). It can be done without problems as long as the club make a clear statement and give fans ample opportunity to get their ticket. If the club get the tickets for all 6 games printed now then people can go and collect all 6 games at once, meaning that even if you do want to decide on the day of the game, the club can't sell your seat to another.

I agree there most likely will be ways round it. Picking tickets up at a game a week or two in advance shouldn't be an issue for me personally but for others it might. Holidays etc could mean they miss 2 home games.

Whilst there are ways round it, it's marring (along with a few other things) what will be one of, if not the biggest season in our history. All this annoying shite is making it seem like more hassle than it's worth. I'm starting to think I prefer when Albion Rovers and Cowden come to town. The Category A circus is causing no end of hassle unfortunately.

This one may not be the clubs fault mind you, I wouldn't surprised if it was the paranoia of Strathclyde's finest.

This is my thoughts, look at the numbers they sent out when Hamilton/Airdrie came to town, they must be absolutely bricking it at the thought of 1000 Rangers, Hearts and Hibs fans descending on our wee town.