Sons' sorrow

I see Morrison played one game in 71/72 as did an A McLaughlin. Also a J O'Brien played five matches. Not sure if either were still there when that photo was taken though

I remember O'Brien, think he played centre half. No idea about McLaughlin, but two other names I dug up were Findlater (no idea of his first name) and R.Cuthbertson, signed from Yoker Athletic, who might have been a centre forward. Maybe someone else can come up with the identity of the couple of players who are unidentified in that photo. Also found out that Raymond Balloch was signed from Redding Villa.

Are Reece Pearson and Ally Graham still with you guys?

Ally Graham is banging them in in Australia for Peninsula Power last I heard.

Reece Pearson and another ex-Sons Graeme Ramage are at the Bankies.

Edit: Graham was on trial with St Johnstone last month according to this, http://www.thecourier.co.uk/sport/football/st-johnstone/st-johnstone-boss-casts-eye-over-david-goodwillie-1.449381

Edited by Sonsteam of 08

Are Reece Pearson and Ally Graham still with you guys?

Pearson is still with us I think, but Graham isn't. I think he emigrated, but not 100% sure.

The best crossover player from the Sons to ourselves was undoubtedly Owen Coyle. Didn't know then and still can't figure out what went wrong for him at Boghead to sign for us, but a decent move for the Bankies. Tommy, Owen's brother ended up at Kilbowie too. A much maligned individual was he!

Pearson is still with us I think, but Graham isn't. I think he emigrated, but not 100% sure.

The best crossover player from the Sons to ourselves was undoubtedly Owen Coyle. Didn't know then and still can't figure out what went wrong for him at Boghead to sign for us, but a decent move for the Bankies. Tommy, Owen's brother ended up at Kilbowie too. A much maligned individual was he!

Yes that was a weird one. I think we sold him to you for about £40,000 and within eighteen months you had sold him on to Airdrie for £175,000. One of the worst pieces of business ever from our point of view. As for Tommy he was one of the most under rated players we have had.

I remember O'Brien, think he played centre half. No idea about McLaughlin, but two other names I dug up were Findlater (no idea of his first name) and R.Cuthbertson, signed from Yoker Athletic, who might have been a centre forward. Maybe someone else can come up with the identity of the couple of players who are unidentified in that photo. Also found out that Raymond Balloch was signed from Redding Villa.

Sandy McLaughlan was the guy. He played for Killie and Sunderland. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sandy_McLaughlan I think he only played the one game for Sons, a 3-2 home defeat by Bankies at the start of 1971-72

Doug Findlater was signed on a free from Partick Thistle but I don't think he ever featured for Sons. I remember the name Raymond Balloch but don't recall him playing.

Yes that was a weird one. I think we sold him to you for about £40,000 and within eighteen months you had sold him on to Airdrie for £175,000. One of the worst pieces of business ever from our point of view. As for Tommy he was one of the most under rated players we have had.

I think it was worse than that. Alex Wright told me at the time it was £25,000.

We got relegated. That's my (albeit hazy) memory of his transfer. Happy to be corrected though.

And I'll see your Owen Coyle as best crossover and raise you Charlie Gibson!

Very happy with the Danny Rogers signing and the confirmation that he is our new first choice keeper. Most agree that this position needed improving and Murray has seen this and has taken action. I'm sure he will also have a plan to keep our goalkeeping budget at a reasonable level. I haven't seen the boy in action but trust the manager's judgement on this one.