Sons' sorrow

I'm about the same, I think.

Back Row: Kenny Jenkins, ?, Bruce Livingston, Colin McAdam, Willie Whigham, Billy Wilkinson, Lawrie Williams, ? , Dennis Ruddy

Middle Row: Bobby McCallum, ?, Alan McKay, Andy McFadden, Gordon Menzies, ? , John Cushley, ? , Johnny Paterson, Drummond Mentiply!!!, Jack Bolton

Front Row: Bobby Holmes, Peter Coleman, Ian Fearn (maybe?), Charlie Gallacher, Ronnie Kidd, Kenny Wilson, Tom McAdam, Johnny Graham, Ian Miller (maybe?), Davie Wilson, Alex Wright

Notable absentees - Jackie Stewart and Puma

Stuck and unsure on the same ones as me! O'Kelly may be able to assist.....

Back Row: Kenny Jenkins, ?, Bruce Livingston, Colin McAdam, Willie Whigham, Billy Wilkinson, Lawrie Williams, ? , Dennis Ruddy

Middle Row: Bobby McCallum, ?, Alan McKay, Andy McFadden, Gordon Menzies, ? , John Cushley, ? , Johnny Paterson, Drummond Mentiply!!!, Jack Bolton

Front Row: Bobby Holmes, Peter Coleman, Ian Fearn (maybe?), Charlie Gallacher, Ronnie Kidd, Kenny Wilson, Tom McAdam, Johnny Graham, Ian Miller (maybe?), Davie Wilson, Alex Wright

Can you imagine a defence today incorporating Ruddy or Cushley and Bolton? How many red cards would they accumulate among them in a season nowadays? I checked the Sons history and could only find Denis Ruddy starting two games for us.

I take your point that there's no way of guaranteeing an unused season ticket seat goes to a genuine Dumbarton fan (or neutral). However, surely that's the case with ANY seat in the home end, especially those on general sale.

Even if a Rangers, Hibs or Hearts supporter ends up with an unused season ticket seat they are likely to be isolated within a group of home fans, i.e. rather than pocket of 50-100 all sitting together.

I stand by my view. It's a minor inconvenience which I'm prepared to put up with if it helps the club financially.

As far as Brabco directors go? At £80 a pop for those hospitality seats within the directors box I've a feeling Jardine & Lawrie will be trying to get every single seat occupied, ideally by a paying customer.

I don't think with their attitude to fans Jardine and Lawrie could sell ice cream to weans, never mind hospitality at £80 a pop !!! Edited by the auld son

How's this for a suggestion, the first Hearts home game is 13th September and we have two home games before that. Let's say the club get tickets printed for the game now, fans can collect their ticket at home games. The next game is against Rangers in October, again with two home games prior to that. There will be ways round it.

Far too sensible Moonster

Back Row: Kenny Jenkins, ?, Bruce Livingston, Colin McAdam, Willie Whigham, Billy Wilkinson, Lawrie Williams, Terry Mullen , Dennis Ruddy

Middle Row: Bobby McCallum, John Watters, Alan McKay, Andy McFadden, Gordon Menzies, Kenny Morrison (?) , John Cushley, ? , Johnny Paterson, Drummond Mentiply!!!, Jack Bolton

Front Row: Bobby Holmes, Peter Coleman, Ian Fearn, Charlie Gallacher, Ronnie Kidd, Kenny Wilson, Tom McAdam, Johnny Graham, Ian Miller, Davie Wilson, Alex Wright

Can you imagine a defence today incorporating Ruddy or Cushley and Bolton? How many red cards would they accumulate among them in a season nowadays? I checked the Sons history and could only find Denis Ruddy starting two games for us.

The mind boggles at that as a half back line, with Menzies and Wilkinson as full backs! :lol:

Think I remember Denis Ruddy playing at Tynecastle that season, but memory fails as to whether it was the televised League Cup section match, or the league game the following month. Denis, despite his reputation, could actually play a bit. I seem to remember him having a particularly fine performance in the 3-3 draw at Tannadice in 1974. Think we were robbed of a win in that one due to a last minute goal, possibly by Andy Gray?

Back Row: Kenny Jenkins, ?, Bruce Livingston, Colin McAdam, Willie Whigham, Billy Wilkinson, Lawrie Williams, Terry Mullen , Dennis Ruddy

Middle Row: Bobby McCallum, John Watters, Alan McKay, Andy McFadden, Gordon Menzies, Kenny Morrison (?) , John Cushley, ? , Johnny Paterson, Drummond Mentiply!!!, Jack Bolton

Front Row: Bobby Holmes, Peter Coleman, Ian Fearn, Charlie Gallacher, Ronnie Kidd, Kenny Wilson, Tom McAdam, Johnny Graham, Ian Miller, Davie Wilson, Alex Wright

Who was Kenny Morrison? Don't remember that name

Put my glasses on now. Ruddy started lots of games!

Season tickets should admit the holder to EVERY league game of the season, A,B or Z matches

with priority given to purchasing cup / play off match tickets.

Some clubs down here like AFC Wimbledon, have a scheme where season ticket holders who are unable to attend, inform the club, who in turn can re-sell the seats/s.

far too messy otherwise.

The trust should have a poll vote from the 600 to see their views.

Who was Kenny Morrison? Don't remember that name

He was a young left-back who never really got beyond the fringe of the first-team. A solid enough player, and I'm pretty sure that's him in the picture. John Watters was at school with me, a local lad from Bellsmyre and son of a more weel-kent faither of the same name.