Sons' sorrow

Never got to Boghead, which is a real regret of mine. When Clydebank were playing there, we were due to play them there but the match was postponed something like 4 times. I was of course going to every game, until the final re-arranged fixture, when I couldn't effing go!

I was never at Boghead so can't compare it to the Bet Butler but I like our ground. There are things that would improve it but on the whole it's a very good place to watch football. It suits our needs.

I'm really not looking forward to moving in the next few years - if that happens.

I was quite young in the days of Boghead but those pictures just got me thinking about the players I used to love, Mooney the obvious favourite but I always loved the Scandinavian guy "Turbo" Hringsson (I think that was his name). He used to do a back-flip when he scored and he was my favourite player at the time, however short his stay was. It got me thinking there though, was he actually any good or is my judgement clouded by youthful naivety? :lol:

Come to think of it, I've blindly loved any Scandinavian that's played for this club. I should probably tell my counsellor about that.

I was quite young in the days of Boghead but those pictures just got me thinking about the players I used to love, Mooney the obvious favourite but I always loved the Scandinavian guy "Turbo" Hringsson (I think that was his name). He used to do a back-flip when he scored and he was my favourite player at the time, however short his stay was. It got me thinking there though, was he actually any good or is my judgement clouded by youthful naivety? :lol:

Come to think of it, I've blindly loved any Scandinavian that's played for this club. I should probably tell my counsellor about that.

Turbo was some player, you're not alone in your appreciation of him. Mooney, Joe Robertson, Andy Brown and of course, Flannery, were all favourites.

The thing I miss most about Boghead was the pie stall being outside. You could queue while the match was being played without missing a thing.

I'd love tv screens at the stall at BBS like they have at Firhill!

Thats the thing I lke at BBS, its virtually 30 seconds to get your pie during the game, just keep half an ear on the game. a few steps back to the viewing area.

Hringsson had two spells with us did he not? IIRC he averaged over a goal a game in his first spell but didn't do so well in his second. Maybe someone has the stats.

Boghead will always have a place in my heart because it's where I fell in love with football, but the time was right to move the club forward. I often feel the BBS would have been greatly improved with small terracing behind each goal. Similar to Forthbank. The initial cost would have been relatively low with next to no ongoing maintenance cost.

Back to the Boghead days; Mooney was a favourite of mine. Anyone with a suntan in Dumbarton was to be idolised. Hugh Ward was another favourite of mine, as was Meechan and Toby King. Rolland Fabiani was a player I liked but have no recall as to why.

Used to love visiting Boghead for the derby games and much preferred sharing there than at Cappielow after we left Kilbowie. Used to enjoy a pint at The Brock Bowling Club before and after games / is it still going??

The Brock was knocked down along with the old Dumbarton Academy and relocated to the Common.

Turbo was some player, you're not alone in your appreciation of him. Mooney, Joe Robertson, Andy Brown and of course, Flannery, were all favourites.

Andy Broon one of the worst players ever to wear a sons shirt, utter dross!!