Sons' sorrow

Yeah, I get that Rankine can't be trusted. If he isn't owed money from us (or the owners) then what's his angle here? Just deflecting? I hope.

Interesting that we've heard nothing of this over the intervening 6 years. I doubt very much whether the club itself owes Rankine a dime.

I'd assume he's just trying to point blame elsewhere to cover his own dodgy dealings. I'd be surprised if there is any truth to it, unless it's a case of there being another instalment on some condition yet to be met and he's only telling half the story to make it sound worse. f**k him.

I'd assume he's just trying to point blame elsewhere to cover his own dodgy dealings. I'd be surprised if there is any truth to it, unless it's a case of there being another instalment on some condition yet to be met and he's only telling half the story to make it sound worse. f**k him.

With the whole secrecy when the take-over happened, I can't say I'm as relaxed about this. I assume the club will comment on it now that we've been named in the press by him so hopefully it'll be cleared up soon.

It seems like we're being dragged into Nixon and Rankines pathetic wee fued. Both complete wankers who are making absolute tits of themselves in the national press.

Slightly concerning to see our name being brought up in relation to owning fanny baws 200k. Anybody 'in the know' heard anything?

With the whole secrecy when the take-over happened, I can't say I'm as relaxed about this. I assume the club will comment on it now that we've been named in the press by him so hopefully it'll be cleared up soon.

No way the club will comment on this. They do their best not to comment on behind the scenes stuff at all times, can't see that changing now.

No way the club will comment on this. They do their best not to comment on behind the scenes stuff at all times, can't see that changing now.

It'll tell a story if they don't say anything. If we owe him nothing then I fully expect them to come out and put that to bed. If we do owe him something I expect silence.

It'll tell a story if they don't say anything. If we owe him nothing then I fully expect them to come out and put that to bed. If we do owe him something I expect silence.

I don't have any inside track on any of this, but if Rankine's version has any truth then I would expect that it may involve the change of ownership of DFC to Brabco. We've sometimes got to differentiate between DFC the football club and the majority share ownership of the club.

Anyone think we should be keeping a close eye on developments at Livi? Rankine claiming he is owed £200K by our owners...

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2723478/Livingston-face-transfer-embargo-making-undeclared-cash-payments-players.html

im equally concerned that you read the Daily Mail

The BBC get right on my nips!

It seems as if there isn't one of their sports team who can rise above the laziness of learning the basic difference between the SPFL (The four divisions of the entire Scottish League) and the Premiership (The top league therein).

Today on their sports desk, some daft woman has parroted at regular intervals that there is a "Full SPFL card tonight".

Mind you what hope do we have when it seems that half the managers seem to make the same mistake?

Thick as shite.

The BBC get right on my nips!

It seems as if there isn't one of their sports team who can rise above the laziness of learning the basic difference between the SPFL (The four divisions of the entire Scottish League) and the Premiership (The top league therein).

Today on their sports desk, some daft woman has parroted at regular intervals that there is a "Full SPFL card tonight".

Mind you what hope do we have when it seems that half the managers seem to make the same mistake?

Thick as shite.

Often feel like I'm being petty whenever I moan about this! Thing is, it is pretty straight forward. Premiership, championship, League 1 and league 2. I would even except the old premier league, 1st, 2nd or 3rd division as at least you know what's being discussed that way.

Anyone think we should be keeping a close eye on developments at Livi? Rankine claiming he is owed £200K by our owners...

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2723478/Livingston-face-transfer-embargo-making-undeclared-cash-payments-players.html

Nursing debts of £1.7 million, with their recent history, wtf

Here's your update for category 'A' games. Let the grumbles commence

http://www.dumbartonfootballclub.com/news/?mode=view&id=1469

FOLLOWING on from meetings with Police Scotland and West Dunbartonshire Council regarding our Category "A" matches taking place at Dumbarton Football Club during the 2014/15 season we would now like to provide you with advance information concerning the arrangements that will be in operation for ALL games involving teams classified as Category "A" (i.e. Hearts, Hibs or Rangers).

• Match Tickets: All Category "A" will be ticket only with Dumbarton FC only selling tickets to their own fans. Should any tickets remain unsold the final opportunity to purchase would be between 10.00am and 12 noon on match days. This arrangement would also be available for season ticket holders who have still to exchange their voucher for their ticket. However, after this time there will be no ticket sales or voucher exchange, nor will it be possible to collect any type of ticket. .
•Car Parking: For Category "A" match days there will be temporary car parking restriction in place in respect of Castle Road and the surrounding area. Parking will not be permitted in Castle Road and part of Castlegreen Street utilised to accommodate buses and mini-buses. Car parking within the stadium will be available until the road is closed one hour before kick-off; if you wish to make use of this facility you must follow the instructions of the car park stewards who will be directing you in order that we can accommodate as many cars as possible.

•Access Arrangements: Only persons in possession of a valid match day ticket will be permitted access to Castle Road or allowed entry within the perimeter around the stadium. Season Ticket holders will need to exchange the respective voucher from their season ticket book to obtain their match day ticket. The club will make arrangements for the collection and sale of these tickets and will announce details on the website but where possible every effort will be made to have tickets available for collection at the home game prior to the Category "A" fixture. Dumbarton Football Club will not sell any tickets for the West section of the Stadium (Away supporters) the respective visiting club will handle the selling of these tickets and will notify the arrangements to their supporters via their website.

•Egress Arrangements: Please note that cars will not be permitted to leave the stadium for 20 minutes before or after the final whistle, this is to reduce the risk arising when pedestrians and vehicles are in close proximity. Also to assist with the egress from the stadium grounds stewards will be in position to direct supporters to the route they should follow.

Dumbarton Football Club and Police Scotland would like to thank you in advance for your assistance and cooperation with these arrangements which will contribute greatly in creating a safe and secure environment for all supporters attending these matches.

What a pile of pish

Why??????

Have we suddenly got a bigger stadium .

If all away supporters come by bus equals a maximum 16 buses.

What if I want to go to the bowling green,up the castle or even just a walk with the dog.

This is typical of SNP laws to criminalise football fans.

Any fans who want to avoid this walk down the burn path and along the shore.

What a load of shite.

What about fans with mobility problems ,any access??

The whole thing stinks

Why feckin bother going it'll probably be on TV

Some of that is absolute madness.

The season ticket thing.

I have a voucher for entry to the match. This voucher is absolutely fine for cat B games but for cat A games I need to exchange it for a printed ticket. I can exchange my voucher for a ticket prior to the match - by the looks of things up until 12noon on the day of the game. If I haven't exchanged my voucher for a ticket by 12noon on the day of the game then I will be denied entry to the match. If I haven't exchanged my voucher for a ticket by 12noon then the club can't then sell my seat ticket on because it's the same 12noon deadline for selling a ticket as it is for swapping my season ticket voucher for the printed ticket.

Whats the point of forcing me to go to the stadium to pick up a ticket in exchange for my season ticket voucher? I can't go to the game I've already paid for if I don't pick up my ticket by 12noon on the day of the game. The club can't sell my seat because it's the same 12noon deadline for selling tickets so it sits empty. I can't get access to the game and nobody can use my seat.

Whats the point? Whats the point in making season ticket holders jump through hoops when the club can't then sell an unused season ticket seat?

Car parking is going to be chaos as well.

Edited by BallochSonsFan

Obviously the agenda from the club is that our stadium is not fit for purpose,

What a short term view, take a look at the history and the crowds .

When was the last game at Boghead with over 2000 attendance

A bit of honesty here ,not gloom and doom, just realism.

How long will Dumbarton need a bigger stadium, one season , due to a freak of football when 3 of the biggest teams in Scotland are in the same division.

Next season I would imagine there will only be 2 CatA games

This is a con people ,,do you fancy sitting in a 6000 seater stadium with 742 souls

Just tell Brabco to f**k off and give Sons fans their club back

Edited by the auld son

Not sure why I need a ticket when I already have a voucher. I'll be asking today how early the exchanges are available, hopefully they can be swapped at the previous home game. Otherwise it's another unnecessary inconvenience.

Also, no joy if you have a bowls game that afternoon.