Sons' sorrow

The ticket decision is one of the most ridiculous things the club has ever done. So, basically, because I can't get to the ground before 12, I can't see a single category A game, despite buying a season ticket that covers all 18 games. Utter shambles from Dumbarton FC.

He done that to me at the Raith game.

In fairness its because he sits behind me and suffers my sweary outbursts every other Saturday afternoon.

I was pulled up in the past for putting comments on here. I got a phone call that lasted over an hour, a few days after the discussion down at the Rock about whether to let Rangers into the First Division. All because I made a one line comment on the BRALT over on the Rangers sub-forum.

If you sit in front of him, you must sit close to me . Where do you sit, out of interest? Row M?

I hope they do read what's said on here to be honest. Might make them reconsider shafting punters who are willing to pay hundreds of pounds and travel hundreds of miles to watch the team.

No, they won't reconsider, if I'm reading what you're saying properly.

Away games mean f**k all to the Board-they get nothing out of in in terms of income. The fact that our fans travel hundreds of miles to watch away games matters not a jot to the Board, for that simple reason......no income.

If you're referring to your (and some other fans - the guy next to me travels from Shotts) travelling to The Rock - I trust you come through from Fife, but can't be sure from your profile - then they should consider your situation. Your continued income is important to them as you come through the doors. Just remember though, they don't really give a f**k if you live in the area or not. All that matters to them is your money into the club.

No, they won't reconsider, if I'm reading what you're saying properly.

Away games mean f**k all to the Board-they get nothing out of in in terms of income. The fact that our fans travel hundreds of miles to watch away games matters not a jot to the Board, for that simple reason......no income.

If you're referring to your (and some other fans - the guy next to me travels from Shotts) travelling to The Rock - I trust you come through from Fife, but can't be sure from your profile - then they should consider your situation. Your continued income is important to them as you come through the doors. Just remember though, they don't really give a f**k if you live in the area or not. All that matters to them is your money into the club.

I was referring to travelling to The Rock. I'm actually no longer based in Fife, I'll be travelling from London to the games, so it's virtually impossible to be at the ground before 12. I don't know why they don't appreciate that a lot of the fans don't live locally.

I was referring to travelling to The Rock. I'm actually no longer based in Fife, I'll be travelling from London to the games, so it's virtually impossible to be at the ground before 12. I don't know why they don't appreciate that a lot of the fans don't live locally.

Well, in that case I take my hat off to you. That's dedication!

Their interest is insular, I'm afraid. That you travel from London to Dumbarton is, unfortunately, irrelevant to them. If it's any consolation, they're not alone in this, as every club's agenda is to get punters through the turnstiles, irrespective of their travel.

I do hope they can compromise with you for the Cat A games, though. I really do. The guy from Shotts is in the same position as you. I understand that some of the processes that have been put in place are at the behest of Scotland's finest, though. Crowd control and all that is important to the Police.

Well, in that case I take my hat off to you. That's dedication!

Their interest is insular, I'm afraid. That you travel from London to Dumbarton is, unfortunately, irrelevant to them. If it's any consolation, they're not alone in this, as every club's agenda is to get punters through the turnstiles, irrespective of their travel.

I do hope they can compromise with you for the Cat A games, though. I really do. The guy from Shotts is in the same position as you. I understand that some of the processes that have been put in place are at the behest of Scotland's finest, though. Crowd control and all that is important to the Police.

I won't be at every game - that would be unfeasible, unfortunately.

It just seems like one cock-up after another from the club this season: the original omission of student concessions, the season ticket mix up and now this. They corrected the first two, I can only hope they do the same here.

The fact is that it's going to be bedlam on these category A game days. Some kind of planning has to be put in place. The implication that people will have to pick up tickets before 12 on a match day isn't correct - that will simply be their final opportunity on my reading of it. I'm pretty sure that any season ticket holder who can't make it to the previous two home games or to the stadium in the fortnight before the category A games or to the stadium before 12 on the day of the match (surely a small minority?) will be accommodated if they let the club know the circumstances.

In the first game at the Rock in 2000 I sold every single ticket for the game from my shop in the High Street as the club didn't have an office. As far as I know everyone that wanted to see that game saw it despite the mild inconveniences involved.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KVd6ArHgyH8

Aye I reckon in extreme circumstances (travelling from London etc) the club will arrange for the tickets to be sent out to you. For everyone else they should be available at previous home games if you can't make it down during the week. I'd happily pick up a ticket for anyone who can't make it and I'm sure others would be happy to do the same.

I'm in no way trying to say the decision is ideal but this as much an inconvenience for the club as it is for us I'd imagine. They will have to pay for tickets to be printed and most likely have to extend opening hours like they have done for Ibrox tickets. The only benefit they will see is if any unwanted season ticket seats are sold on, which to be honest will be very few if any at all.

I was as outraged as everyone else when I first heard about it but unfortunately Police 'advice' tends to be a demand. Why would the club genuinely want all this hassle for little benefit and what will most likely come at a cost?

Edited by Bring Back Paddy Flannery

Some of the preceding home games before the Cat A games are actually quite a bit before them e.g. the home game before the Rangers game on 25th October is 4th Oct against Cowden. Doubt they'll have the tickets printed ready to be uplifted then? So again the question arises of how do those who are not local get their ticket?

Some of the preceding home games before the Cat A games are actually quite a bit before them e.g. the home game before the Rangers game on 25th October is 4th Oct against Cowden. Doubt they'll have the tickets printed ready to be uplifted then? So again the question arises of how do those who are not local get their ticket?

Why don't you send an email to someone at the club? Only answer you'll get on here is a guess. They will be able to advise if they would be willing to post them out to people who don't live locally.

Would it really have been much of a problem just to let folk with season tickets OR match tickets up castle road? I paid for my season ticket and that should do me for all games regardless of who we are playing, sack this going to pick up tickets mince.

I was pulled up in the past for putting comments on here. I got a phone call that lasted over an hour, a few days after the discussion down at the Rock about whether to let Rangers into the First Division. All because I made a one line comment on the BRALT over on the Rangers sub-forum.

If you sit in front of him, you must sit close to me . Where do you sit, out of interest? Row M?

Row M

Would it really have been much of a problem just to let folk with season tickets OR match tickets up castle road? I paid for my season ticket and that should do me for all games regardless of who we are playing, sack this going to pick up tickets mince.

Exactly. It's a five hour round trip for me to get to home games. There's a possibility I'll be out of the country when we play Cowdenbeath, so I might not be able to exchange my season ticket voucher for a Rangers match ticket that day. It's positively Kafkaesque that I need to exchange a voucher, which in the normal course of things allows me entry to my allocated seat in a dozen other home games, for a ticket to allow me entry to a Rangers/Hearts/Hibs game in which I will be sitting in exactly the same seat. I wiil be e-mailing DFC for an explanation of the rationale behind this.

Exactly. It's a five hour round trip for me to get to home games. There's a possibility I'll be out of the country when we play Cowdenbeath, so I might not be able to exchange my season ticket voucher for a Rangers match ticket that day. It's positively Kafkaesque that I need to exchange a voucher, which in the normal course of things allows me entry to my allocated seat in a dozen other home games, for a ticket to allow me entry to a Rangers/Hearts/Hibs game in which I will be sitting in exactly the same seat. I wiil be e-mailing DFC for an explanation of the rationale behind this.

Aye it's a shambles really. Post up the reply if you get one.

Aye it's a shambles really. Post up the reply if you get one.

I will do, although judging from past experience, the operative words are, "if I get one". Also thought I would change my avatar in anticipation of next Saturday's fun-fest. In the unlikely event of a Sons player scoring, I would be doubly pleased if that person can copy Albert Craig's goal celebration,

I will do, although judging from past experience, the operative words are, "if I get one". Also thought I would change my avatar in anticipation of next Saturday's fun-fest. In the unlikely event of a Sons player scoring, I would be doubly pleased if that person can copy Albert Craig's goal celebration,

Thought we were trying to get that sort of stuff out of the game Edited by Nowhereman

Does anyone really believe the club are doing this just to make things hard for fans? We're no doubt having to pick up the costs of all this, something I'm sure the club would rather do without. If the police are saying it's got to happen then what can they do? The club are allowing fans to pick up tickets up to 12 on the day of the game, presumably because the police will be shutting the road shortly after, can they really do much more? I'm sure if the fans further away contact the club they will try to come to some arrangement. I'll be one of the first on here if the club are out of order but I think in this situation they're trying to do the best they can given the circumstances they've been put in.

I'm more angry that I know have a keyboard covered in tea after reading the auld sons SNP rant :lol:. Give it up auld yin.