Sons' sorrow

Does anyone really believe the club are doing this just to make things hard for fans? We're no doubt having to pick up the costs of all this, something I'm sure the club would rather do without. If the police are saying it's got to happen then what can they do? The club are allowing fans to pick up tickets up to 12 on the day of the game, presumably because the police will be shutting the road shortly after, can they really do much more? I'm sure if the fans further away contact the club they will try to come to some arrangement. I'll be one of the first on here if the club are out of order but I think in this situation they're trying to do the best they can given the circumstances they've been put in.

I'm more angry that I know have a keyboard covered in tea after reading the auld sons SNP rant :lol:. Give it up auld yin.

I genuinely think the club have created, or helped to create, a situation that is inconvenient for fans, not to mention for those homes and businesses nearby the ground. I cannot for the life of me think why the police would insist on closing the road to the ground because of 900 travelling Rangers fans and 700 Sons fans. We've had attendances like that before and never had this farce.

Why would the club do this though? Whats the reasoning if its not police instruction?

As I said before, stadium leverage to hold over us when they try and push through their absurd new ground plans.

I don't care if I sound like a conspiracy theorist, this is too ridiculous to be innocent.

As I said before, stadium leverage to hold over us when they try and push through their absurd new ground plans.

I don't care if I sound like a conspiracy theorist, this is too ridiculous to be innocent.

You sound like a conspiracy theorist !

Given that the tickets have to be collected three hours before kick off what will happen if the kick off is moved forward to twelve noon to accomodate tv coverage ?

Given that the tickets have to be collected three hours before kick off what will happen if the kick off is moved forward to twelve noon to accomodate tv coverage ?

That's a good point, I was wondering the same thing.

Presumably they would have to make the day before the cut-off? Which would be even more of an inconvenience.

Edited by FifeSons

Its not your board, its the police. We have had this before at cowden and im sure this season, season ticket holders have to pick up a ticket for rangers, hearts, hibs games.

Don't want to hijack the thread but where have you heard this? I can probably get someone to pick mine up but would be a serious problem if i had to to pick it up myself.

Why would they need leverage from us? They would only need 1) Funding and 2) Planning consent.

Easier to move a football club when you have the fans onside. Demonstrating that there are complications that will affect fans by staying at the Rock will go some way to convincing fans it's the right thing to do.

Easier to move a football club when you have the fans onside. Demonstrating that there are complications that will affect fans by staying at the Rock will go some way to convincing fans it's the right thing to do.

I understand the new stadium project is some way down the road (sic). The club won't do anything as Machiavellian as dream up difficulties to endear public opinion - particularly if it costs money! Trust me on that.

When you think about the various PR disasters that the club has created this summer, it makes for grim reading. First they delayed the squad re-signing as they told the players they couldn't sign the new deals they'd been offered until after the manager signed his, then they announced the new ticket prices with a 35% price hike and no warning and an even bigger price hike for the games at home to Hearts, Hibs and Rangers, then they cancelled the student gate and said they wouldn't do student concessions this season, then they did a u-turn and put a student price for the season on after a rash of complaints, then they sold out of season tickets without notifying the existing ticket holders that they were nearing their limit, then they did a u-turn and put up another 50 season ticket seats after a rash of complaints and now they've announced that everyone will require a match ticket for the home games against the big three and that they'll be closing the road for these games and that even season ticket holders will have to attend in person to swap their voucher for a ticket.

Edit to add: And who could forget "we can't work the payment card machine-gate" where punters had difficulty buying their season tickets because the admin girl was on holiday and the two eejits couldn't process the transactions in her abscence.

Edited by Sweet Pete

When you think about the various PR disasters that the club has created this summer, it makes for grim reading. First they delayed the squad re-signing as they told the players they couldn't sign the new deals they'd been offered until after the manager signed his, then they announced the new ticket prices with a 35% price hike and no warning and an even bigger price hike for the games at home to Hearts, Hibs and Rangers, then they cancelled the student gate and said they wouldn't do student concessions this season, then they did a u-turn and put a student price for the season on after a rash of complaints, then they sold out of season tickets without notifying the existing ticket holders that they were nearing their limit, then they did a u-turn and put up another 50 season ticket seats after a rash of complaints and now they've announced that everyone will require a match ticket for the home games against the big three and that they'll be closing the road for these games and that even season ticket holders will have to attend in person to swap their voucher for a ticket.

Edit to add: And who could forget "we can't work the payment card machine-gate" where punters had difficulty buying their season tickets because the admin girl was on holiday and the two eejits couldn't process the transactions in her abscence.

You might think our board are all powerful but even they don't have the power to close off roads.

I think the club's PR could be improved - considerably.

However disaster is an even worse word than fiasco to describe PR disappointments at a wee football club. Disaster is what is happening in Iraq and Gaza.

Seems sense to me to sign up the manager before offering players contracts. Murray took time to sign a deal. Presumably his deal and that of the players cost more money?*

The ticket road arrangements for the Cat A games are entirely down to the police and are nothing to do with PR. They have been announced well in advance. The price rise in season tickets was inevitable after the freeze of the last few seasons* (see above). The higher prices for cat A games was also inevitable (and will I'm sure be similar at other clubs) The club made a mistake on student prices and they recanted due to representations from fans. Ditto the season tickets. Damned if they do damned if they don't?

The admin girl was in hospital, not on holiday and her stand in replacement left suddenly. The 'two eejits' were kind of thrown in at the deep end.

As I say, I agree that PR at DFC can and should be improved. The public face of DFC can be embarrassing at times.

Keep calm though, it is nowhere near a disaster.

I think the club's PR could be improved - considerably.

However disaster is an even worse word than fiasco to describe PR disappointments at a wee football club. Disaster is what is happening in Iraq and Gaza.

Seems sense to me to sign up the manager before offering players contracts. Murray took time to sign a deal. Presumably his deal and that of the players cost more money?*

The ticket road arrangements for the Cat A games are entirely down to the police and are nothing to do with PR. They have been announced well in advance. The price rise in season tickets was inevitable after the freeze of the last few seasons* (see above). The higher prices for cat A games was also inevitable (and will I'm sure be similar at other clubs) The club made a mistake on student prices and they recanted due to representations from fans. Ditto the season tickets. Damned if they do damned if they don't?

The admin girl was in hospital, not on holiday and her stand in replacement left suddenly. The 'two eejits' were kind of thrown in at the deep end.

As I say, I agree that PR at DFC can and should be improved. The public face of DFC can be embarrassing at times.

Keep calm though, it is nowhere near a disaster.

I'm perfectly calm. I disagree on a number of points, but I've already made that clear so there's no sense in going around in circles endlessly.