Sons' sorrow

I saw someone state that they thought your chairman implied we take in more money than you?! No chance at all. We pay about £1500 every week just to use Central Park.

How can it be no chance at all ? We are limited in capacity to 1900. You had 2000 more v Rangers midweek game, 1000 more v Hibs and I'm sure 2000 more when Hearts come to town. 5000 x 2 x average 15 per head = £150k more income plus add ons.

His point about income is correct. What you pay per week is not income.

What about hospitality? Your scope for hospitality will be higher than ours I'd imagine. Your average attendance is also far higher than us in games not against these teams. Looking at income, in isolation, is pretty redundant and pointless.

Your chairman is picking and choosing pieces of information to aid his cause. Deceitful.

I'll be interested to see the average attendances of Dumbarton and Cowden at the end of the season. They won't be as far apart as you are making out.

Your average attendance in the past God knows how many seasons has been higher than us, this season is a one off so nothing should be based upon it. Was your chairman harping on about being jealous of our income in seasons gone by?

Edited by Muzza81

What about hospitality? Your scope for hospitality will be higher than ours I'd imagine. Your average attendance is also far higher than us in games not against these teams. Looking at income, in isolation, is pretty redundant and pointless.

Your chairman is picking and choosing pieces of information to aid his cause. Deceitful.

I'll be interested to see the average attendances of Dumbarton and Cowden at the end of the season. They won't be as far apart as you are making out.

Your average attendance in the past God knows how many seasons has been higher than us, this season is a one off so nothing should be based upon it. Was your chairman harping on about being jealous of our income in seasons gone by?

Absolutely spot on, mate. Our chairman was cherrypicking to suit his agenda and, as I said earlier in the thread in my summary of the meeting, he contradicted himself by saying this is a one off season but then basing his reasoning on Cowden's larger capacity for this season. The more I think over the points the DFC representatives made on the night, the more sure I am that they're completely wrong to be pursuing this move and I hate to be fed bullshit.

Absolutely spot on, mate. Our chairman was cherrypicking to suit his agenda and, as I said earlier in the thread in my summary of the meeting, he contradicted himself by saying this is a one off season but then basing his reasoning on Cowden's larger capacity for this season. The more I think over the points the DFC representatives made on the night, the more sure I am that they're completely wrong to be pursuing this move and I hate to be fed bullshit.

I thought the chairman actually said that this was a one-off season and emphasised that the examples he was giving related to this season. However, he also mentioned in that same answer that there were 23 full time clubs out of 42 and that were we to be successful in staying up and either Cowden, Alloa or both were to go down, they would almost certainly be replaced by clubs with an even bigger advantage in funding over the Sons than those two had had this season, He said that this was why it was important to develop alternative income streams. He also mentioned that there was a 'sugar daddy' in the far east who funded Cowden to the tune of £100,000 and that Alloa had a Social Club which contributed to the cause. .

Maybe the chairman does have an agenda and cherrypicks to suit it. Looks like he's not the only one...

Edited by Howlin' Wilf

I think Deceitful is way over the top, in fact plan wrong. The chairman was makng one point of many on the night. He wasn't haven't a go at Cowdenbeath or Alloa just making a fact that the two other part time teams have an advantage over us this season. A factual point to make. In fact I'm sure he respects the fact that both teams manage within their means unlike other clubs.

He came to a public forum and was very transparent and said things he maybe didn't need to say. The devil you do the devil you don't, they just can't win sometimes.

I would be amazed if your gate income was not 6 figures higher than ours but good luck to you.

But I've just told you we don't have an advantage this season - or any season. That's just plain wrong. To say so is lies.

You have the advantage of increased income through being able to accommodate more away supporters when the big three visit. I know you talked about that averaging out over the season but I don't believe that will be the case. So to be so certain, and claim that it's lies, is a bit unfounded no?

You have an advantage that you own your ground. That you keep money from catering ect. That you don't pay extraordinary amounts of rent to use your ground. That you can accommodate more hospitality guests. That you have a bar for more income. That you rent out your ground for other matches.

But yeah us having a larger ground that costs us a fortune to upkeep is definitely an advantage over you.

As I said, picking and choosing information to make you look worse off.

I think we sub out the catering so don't actually make a great deal from that. Could be wrong though.

The only people who rent out the Rock are the Rangers U20s but our U20s play at Murray Park so I'd imagine that is more of a mutual agreement.

You have the occasional international team training there, that must be worth a few quid. You also have a ground that can accommodate live football, we can't.

All things being equal we would give an arm and a leg to have your set up and your ground - even though I don't like it. To say we have an advantage and make out like we are in some way more fortunate than you is plain wrong and deceitful.

You have an advantage that you own your ground. That you keep money from catering ect. That you don't pay extraordinary amounts of rent to use your ground. That you can accommodate more hospitality guests. That you have a bar for more income. That you rent out your ground for other matches.

But yeah us having a larger ground that costs us a fortune to upkeep is definitely an advantage over you.

As I said, picking and choosing information to make you look worse off.

Our catering and bar facilities are leased out. I doubt we see any profit from that.

Scotland have trained at BBS in the past when the team were based at Cameron House. That's no longer the case and to my knowledge the SFA no longer use out stadium for training.

You seem to have an insight into our income streams so why don't you enlighten us with what matches we've rented our pitch for over the last 12-months and what the net income for that was.

What? You've just contradicted your whole argument. Your chairman seems to have insider insider infornation into our finances - as does everyone commenting on it. Unless you're all just thick as shit and believe anything you're told. You have an advantage over us when it comes to income and expenditure, to say otherwise is wrong.

Not sure if you're serious here on on the wind-up. In what way have I contradicted my argument? The original point was that Cowdenbeath would generate more income this season through their ability to accommodate more away fans. You then expanded the scope of this point by going off on a tangent about hospitality and other sources of income, at which point I explained when that wasn't true. What are you finding difficult to understand?

Edited by Jordo1872

And my original point was you're being completely manipulated by being given this information. Do you understand? Everything I've stated is relevant. Match day income isn't the only income clubs receive so why only mention that? Do you not like dealing in the full picture.

It's like saying 'I won £200 on football coupons today'. Great if your outlay way £5. Shit if it was £300. Still, you seem happy to be fed mis information and lap it up.

Edited by Muzza81

And my original point was you're being completely manipulated by being given this information. Do you understand? Everything I've stated is relevant. Match day income isn't the only income clubs receive so why only mention that? Do you not like dealing in the full picture.

It's like saying 'I won £200 on football coupons today'. Great if your outlay way £5. Shit if it was £300. Still, you seem happy to be fed mis information and lap it up.

Were you at the meeting?