Sons' sorrow

Are the four guys Alloa have signed any good though? I'm not telling you any such thing, but I'm saying that it's possible that there has been no one available that the manager has fancied. I don't think the sun shines out of Murray's arse but I think he's doing a sterling job.

I've only seen Phil Roberts play out of them, whilst he's not one I'd like if it was down to having no available strikers I'd rather him than no one. Had Murray seen Aaron Barry play before he signed him? Had he seen McGinn? Mitch? It seems unlikely he's seen enough of everyone before he's signed them so there are always gambles being taken. I agree he's doing a great job and he's on course to keep us up which is excellent but this is we can raise our concerns on here if we have them, we hope without fear of being branded negative and/or looking for issues when there are none.

Wilson's a good signing and if he's looking to go into coaching too that could be a plus.

Striker now and I'll be content with the squad.

I've only seen Phil Roberts play out of them, whilst he's not one I'd like if it was down to having no available strikers I'd rather him than no one. Had Murray seen Aaron Barry play before he signed him? Had he seen McGinn? Mitch? It seems unlikely he's seen enough of everyone before he's signed them so there are always gambles being taken. I agree he's doing a great job and he's on course to keep us up which is excellent but this is we can raise our concerns on here if we have them, we hope without fear of being branded negative and/or looking for issues when there are none.

Wilson's a good signing and if he's looking to go into coaching too that could be a plus.

Striker now and I'll be content with the squad.

Maybe he hadn't seen these players but had sufficient faith in the people who were recommending them? Mind you, I'm pretty sure he'd have seen McGinn and Megginson. I see he has 'one or two' prospects to pursue before Saturday. As with everything in life in general and football in particular, there will be several pieces to these jigsaws.

Maybe he hadn't seen these players but had sufficient faith in the people who were recommending them? Mind you, I'm pretty sure he'd have seen McGinn and Megginson. I see he has 'one or two' prospects to pursue before Saturday. As with everything in life in general and football in particular, there will be several pieces to these jigsaws.

Possibly, aye, it's still a gamble though. But, he's done extremely well to get Wilson, IMO and if he's still looking to add a striker before tomorrow then I'm delighted with that.

Are you serious? We have one of the consistently worse defences in the league and we don't 'need' someone of proven experience at the top level

Think he means since we already have 2 players who can play right back, and you can't drop graham or Findlay for him, so we do need him if he's playing left back.