Sons' sorrow

Yeah, I know we haven't been playing the same flowing football and in an attacking sense, haven't even looked like the same team since January. But, this recent wee run of form has shown what character the team do have. Especially since the cowden defeat at home. We have picked up some points that we really didn't expect to get, as well as coming from behind vs Livi (I know it is a given but still).

Biggest achievement yet I think.

To do it so comfortably for four seasons is commendable. Normally part time teams are successful for a couple of years before they lose all of their best players to full time teams. This isn't a dig but do you guys think you have any real superstars in the team that could move up a level? I don't mean move to a Raith but up to the top flight? From the outside looking in it looks like you have a fantastic squad - supplemented with a couple of key loan signings - as opposed to a couple of superstars. I always rated Turner but he seems to have gone off the boil.

Surely this is the summer Muzza will be away. SURELY.

To do it so comfortably for four seasons is commendable. Normally part time teams are successful for a couple of years before they lose all of their best players to full time teams. This isn't a dig but do you guys think you have any real superstars in the team that could move up a level? I don't mean move to a Raith but up to the top flight? From the outside looking in it looks like you have a fantastic squad - supplemented with a couple of key loan signings - as opposed to a couple of superstars. I always rated Turner but he seems to have gone off the boil.

Surely this is the summer Muzza will be away. SURELY.

Our two best players are Danny Rogers and Stuart Findlay, both on loan from Aberdeen and Celtic. I wouldn't say we have any SPL quality players amongst our own squad but more a team of decent players who compliment each other pretty well.

Both Danny and Stuart could easily make the step up IMO but it certainly wouldn't do them any harm in remaining where they are for another year. Muzz has already spoken about trying to get Danny back for another season so fingers crossed.

As for Murray leaving, I think you may be right on that one. I dunno why but to me he comes across like he's losing interest a bit, don't really have any examples of it or evidence to back it up, just a general feeling. There could be a few opportunities in the summer with the likes of St Mirren so I wouldn't be surprised to see him apply for something should the right opportunity arise. He still has his flaws but overall you couldn't grudge him the move.

I wouldn't be surprised to see Murray go in the summer, I'm pretty shocked we've kept him this long in all honesty. It's been no secret he wants a full time gig and short of winning the Petrofac cup there's not really much else he can do for us. St. Mirren do seem the most likely option but you never know.

I personally don't think any of our signed players are capable of playing in the Premier, as highly as I rate a lot of them. I think the likes of CT and Agnew would be good players for full time teams in this league but I'd say most of them are at their level. Happy to keep them too.

Hearts have now tied up the league and we're down to our remaining 7 games, time for Murray to start thinking about our squad for next year and who to keep or punt. Personally I would definitely keep the following...

Rogers (if we are able to loan again)

Graham

Findlay (highly unlikely)

Agnew

Turner

Gilhaney

Kirkpatrick

Fleming

Undecided on the following:

DVZ (Been decent for us but not getting any younger)

Taggart

Megginson (excellent last season, pretty terrible this season)

Wilson (yet to be convinced, leaning more towards a naw for him)

Punt the following:

Linton

Mair

Ewings

Grindlay

Easton (wouldn't waste a loan on him)

Campbell

Not seen enough of Coleman, Whitefield, Lumsden or McCallum.

Duggan and Petrie are decent enough players but I dunno if I'd go chasing another loan for them. If either is released I wouldn't be against us offering them a deal.

I have a feeling Murray may look to get out during the summer if I'm honest. With St Mirren looking likely to come down and Hamilton likely to ditch Canning there could be a couple of opportunities for him to move on. If he does stay I'd hope he finds an assistant, again though I have a feeling he has delayed on that if he's thinking of moving on.

What kind of money do you think it would take to keep young Findlay.

What kind of money do you think it would take to keep young Findlay.

Not an option. Findlay is a player who has the potential to go far if he can continue to develop his game. I'm sure Celtic will have plans for him but if he doesn't eventually make it at Parkhead he'll move to full-time first team football elsewhere, on significantly better money than we could offer.

Would love to have him back on-loan next season.

Not an option. Findlay is a player who has the potential to go far if he can continue to develop his game. I'm sure Celtic will have plans for him but if he doesn't eventually make it at Parkhead he'll move to full-time first team football elsewhere, on significantly better money than we could offer.

Would love to have him back on-loan next season.

your probably right but would it not be wonderful if we could keep him and Rodgers and build a team round them.

According to The Dumbarton Terrace, Muzz is going to treat the Challenge Cup game as a friendly. (The fIrst game; which means, with our record, the only game.)

Over to the DFC Board to rattle his cage on this one.....as far as I know full price is still be charged at the gate, never mind disrespecting the tournament and it's sponsors.

Surely treating this tournament as a friendly is nothing new. We've been doing that since it's inception.

Muzz is the first manager to admit he's using it as a friendly though, we usually get "we want to do as well as we can in every competition we enter". I must say it was no surprise to me watching our second half against Stranraer that it was a friendly to him. I agree though that if the team/manager are treating it as a friendly then the price should reflect that or the game should be included in the season ticket.

Donald McCallum has now scored 7 goals in 3 u20's matches.. Superb to see our development squad are now winning matches.

see match post for sat.must be included in squad.deserves chance. I would give him at least a 20 min run out

If we have development players hitting a bit of form now would be a good time to give them a run out for the first team.

We shouldn't be throwing in several youngsters at once but giving one or two 20-30mins at a time when pressure for results is low would be a good move IMO. Will be interesting to see how Murray plays it.

If we have development players hitting a bit of form now would be a good time to give them a run out for the first team.

We shouldn't be throwing in several youngsters at once but giving one or two 20-30mins at a time when pressure for results is low would be a good move IMO. Will be interesting to see how Murray plays it.

Fully agree.

No need to be daft about it but absolutely no harm in introducing McCallum or the likes as legs start to tire.