Sons' sorrow

He can resign but if he gets another job before the end of his contract then his new employer would have to pay the value of his contract from when he resigned.

After looking into it, dundee were due to pay alloa 25k due to a clause in his contract, mulraney had said he was to waive it as he said he wouldn't stand in the way of him moving on to bigger things. Whether they got the compensation or not I dunno.

So, not really a bust up then. Rather a realistic assessment and telling it straight.

a manager always has license to come out and slate the players. Not many players will perform the reverse and publicly criticise a manager.

So perhaps a realistic assessment and some straight talking, but theres a lot of ego and differing opinions in a dressing room.

I'm going to take a stab in the dark and suggest that the club board are either stalling on contract talks or aren't offering decent/improved terms until the playoffs are sorted.

I was going to suggest that we may have lower attendances next season, but with the potential of local teams Morton and St Mirren come the potential full away ends. With our limited capacity bums on seats doesnt matter too much, though perhaps ticket prices and the Cat A games would be affected.

After looking into it, dundee were due to pay alloa 25k due to a clause in his contract, mulraney had said he was to waive it as he said he wouldn't stand in the way of him moving on to bigger things. Whether they got the compensation or not I dunno.

Due to the protracted nature of contract negotiations for Murray to sign last season, I think it's safe to assume he'll be on considerably more money than that. I think it would also be safe to say that our chairman would be neither as relaxed nor benevolent as Mike Mulraney should the contract be broken.

Due to the protracted nature of contract negotiations for Murray to sign last season, I think it's safe to assume he'll be on considerably more money than that. I think it would also be safe to say that our chairman would be neither as relaxed nor benevolent as Mike Mulraney should the contract be broken.

You could be right Wilf, I just don't see Murray signing that contract last year without knowing full well he'll be gone when an offer comes in. I just can't see compensation being a stumbling block for any full-time side who wishes to take him.

Signing a contract is a balancing act. I would think it likely that IM is the highest paid part-time manager in Scotland. In return for that he'd have to give some commitment and comfort to his employers. I don't know what the situation was with him last season but was he perhaps holding on to see if a better offer came in before signing?

It's pretty certain that Gary teale isn't going to be at st mirren next season, regardless of their financial issues surely IM will see that as a step up if they come calling, use his experience in this division to take them straight back up and a big job up here or league 1/championship in England beckons. If we keep him for next year it would be fantastic but I don't see it happening.

Signing a contract is a balancing act. I would think it likely that IM is the highest paid part-time manager in Scotland. In return for that he'd have to give some commitment and comfort to his employers. I don't know what the situation was with him last season but was he perhaps holding on to see if a better offer came in before signing?

I agree he probably is. The commitment was 2 years though which gives DFC some comfort and I imagine he'll only have signed up for 2 years if he had some sort of clause that would trigger his release should a club come wanting. As I've said before, Murray's value to us was keeping us in this league and gaining the prize money from that. We'll get roughly £150K for finishing 7th, I think you'll be lucky if we receive 10% of that in compensation for Murray.

I've just read through the last two pages of this thread and every single word is unfounded speculation. Chillax, chaps.

Perfectly chilled (I refuse to use that horrific word), Pete. The seasons done and the rumours of John Gemmell joining in the summer have not yet surfaced so we need to speculate about something.

It's pretty certain that Gary teale isn't going to be at st mirren next season, regardless of their financial issues surely IM will see that as a step up if they come calling, use his experience in this division to take them straight back up and a big job up here or league 1/championship in England beckons. If we keep him for next year it would be fantastic but I don't see it happening.

The St Mirren job is hardly attractive. No money to spend and a tough job to take them up given they will be up against at least one of Rangers or Hibs and a current Premiership side. Fail to win promotion though and any new manager is likely to be sacked.

The St Mirren job is hardly attractive. No money to spend and a tough job to take them up given they will be up against at least one of Rangers or Hibs and a current Premiership side. Fail to win promotion though and any new manager is likely to be sacked.

I can't help but think this is wishful thinking. The St. Mirren job is far more attractive than the Dumbarton one. He's only had limited budgets to deal with in his career so far and even then they'll still have one of the biggest in the division. Aren't St. Mirren known for giving managers time (perhaps too much at times)?

Forget messing around in the Championship with broken St Mirren, the next Premiership managerial merry go round is only ever just around the corner and Ian will almost certainly be involved if he fancies it.

I'd be quite surprised at that, I think that his stock is possibly lower than it was a year ago.

Edited by Trawler Rum & Weetabix