Sons' sorrow

Good luck to Aggy. It's testament to us - despite a few comments over the piece last year about formations, tactics etc - that Murray is nicking our players and loanees. It shows that we were getting something right on the park.

Aggy will be missed but like every other player that's left, he'll be replaced with someone else. Life goes on.

Just keep him away from dead ball situations when he returns..............

News re Taggart has been noticeably quiet. I would have thought he might have put pen to paper by now and I suspect that's who Andy Graham had in mind when he mentioned his eagerness to see some more of last season's squad commit to resigning.

Good luck to Aggy, hope it works out for him. We move on.

I feel yourself Wilf, Moonster and others are 'investing' much more thought into this than Brabco have ever done. They are fast-buck merchants, only not overly good at it as their bucks may take a long time to materialise. Or not, if whoever is in charge begins to lose patience, sells the assets and moves on to the next wheeze.

And that IMO makes the present set-up dangerous to the interests of Dumbarton FC.

Indeed. Either Brabco or a subsequent owner is going to sell that fixed asset. If there is an achievable alternative stadium plan as part of the deal that might be the best hope of DFC continuing in the long term. It is a sobering thought that in considerably more buoyant economic times, Rankine, in the six years he had the club for sale, had plenty offers from developers but only two prepared to factor the club into the equation. Both of them involved relocation.

The first one didn't get off the ground. John McFall MP named it 'Pie in the sky from Dubai'. Maybe the one which succeeded should be 'A wizard wheeze from Belize' :P

News re Taggart has been noticeably quiet. I would have thought he might have put pen to paper by now and I suspect that's who Andy Graham had in mind when he mentioned his eagerness to see some more of last season's squad commit to resigning.

Good luck to Aggy, hope it works out for him. We move on.

Taggart's on holiday at the moment, so like Gaz might explain the wait.

Murray's signing of both Findlay (whose agent directed him to DFC) and Agnew isn't anything other than another indication of his limited contact base within the game. Aggy is a decent player but he may soon be about to discover that St Mirren fans are less benevolent than their Dumbarton counterparts.

Anyway, I admire his ambition but there's an opening now appeared for Kirkpatrick to provide the 'football' in midfield flanked by Gallagher and Miller should he choose to accept it.

Heard a section of the female support have asked for refunds on their season tickets in order to cover costs for trips to Paisley and Airdrie next year.

Got to love a good old emotional attachment to a part-time fitba player. Poor Aggy probably took a cut in wages to escape.

Hahahahahahahaha!! Remembers Moonsters emotional attachment to Axel Orrstrom?

Murray's signing of both Findlay (whose agent directed him to DFC) and Agnew isn't anything other than another indication of his limited contact base within the game. Aggy is a decent player but he may soon be about to discover that St Mirren fans are less benevolent than their Dumbarton counterparts.

Anyway, I admire his ambition but there's an opening now appeared for Kirkpatrick to provide the 'football' in midfield flanked by Gallagher and Miller should he choose to accept it.

Did St Mirren confirm that they were signing Findlay? Celtic may prefer him to go to a part time side and continue to develop under their own training regime.

Seems Mark Wilson's been let go, although it is the BBC reporting it so it may well be untrue.

Good stuff, goal against Rangers aside I thought he was very poor.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/33060928?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter

Aye, I wasn't a fan at all. For someone who was meant to be experienced and composed he looked like he was going to shite himself when he got the ball and generally just opted for a Creaney lump. Livi away is one that sticks in the mind.

His goal against Rangers was a belter but other than that he done little.

Glad Wilsons not coming back to be honest, said the same thing as bbpf a while ago, that game at livi we needed to get the ball down and keep possession but he kept lumping it up under pressure, you'd want more composure from an experienced player. He was slower than linton too.

No doubt another decent wage freed up.

When you think about it, we have had much better luck in recent years from guys who have taken a step up or sideways to us than those who have come down the way switching to part-time. Compare Nish, Mair, Van Zanten and Wilson to any number of the players we've signed from for example, Alloa, Ayr Utd, Cowden etc. The exception being McGinn who was playing out of his skin to go full time again. I'd be quite wary of signing any seasoned Premiership guys who are only coming because they can't get a full-time contract.