Sons' sorrow

Pleased with Taggart and Flembot signing on again. The squad is taking shape very nicely.

Now for another winger and a 20 goal a season, battering ram striker.

We've also been lacking a serial shagger since McDougall left. Would be nice to bring in a cult hero who loves his hole a la Flannery.

Guest TOPFITTER

To be honest I am amazed Scott Rumsby has not been linked with The Sons. He was the star of the Stranraer defence last season IMO covering for the other 3 when they were caught out, and at times that was quite often!!! Can only assume Queens or maybe some team rated higher are waiting in the wings, poker faced, looking for the 1st blink :unsure2:

The squad is really starting to take shape now and I'm liking what I'm seeing so far. The signings have been positive and there already looks to be a good balance to the team.

The primary focus now should be on strengthening our forward line; with at least two strikers coming in. Another winger and cover at centre-back would also be welcome. So four signings as a minimum. Let's hope the budget can stretch that far and bring in the right people.

Edited by Jordo1872

The squad is really starting to take shape now and I'm liking what I'm seeing so far. The signings have been positive and there already looks to be a good balance to the team.

The primary focus now should be on strengthening our forward line; with at least two strikers coming in. Another winger and cover at centre-back would also be welcome. So four signings as a minimum. Let's hope the budget can stretch that far and bring in the right people.

Agreed. Nice to see us get a back line sorted early that can be added to, rather than scrambling around for a centre half the first week in August. We have 14 players signed, that's including Hopkins and McCallum, so I'd expect there to be room for possibly another 6 additions. I'm not sure how many loans we have room for either but we're all agreed that we've got a decent squad at the moment.

Really happy with the way Stee has gone about his business so far and he seems to have done a very good job in talking players into his ideas, just about every one of them have said after speaking to Stee it was easy to sign up. All good signs and I have faith that he'll get the right attacking options in.